Lets Start Jan 2002 Appointment, Delhi Thread.

most of the cases are updated over the phone .....so was mine and others i know

Dont worry ..U will be in Delhi in Jan\'02

FYI - Talked to Delhi Consulate Yesterday

My Packet 3 reached them on Nov 8. I called yesterday and it took me a half hour to get through. Spoke to a woman who could see my information based on what NVC sent to them for the case. She said she did not see my Packet 3 info in the system but will take my word for it and enter my case in the system. She did this while I was on the phone and it took her less than a minute to do so. She told me I should expect a Jan/Feb interview.

I am not sure what the cut-off date is. It definitely seems that the mail is not being opened and processed in a timely fashion.

I had same experience yesterday

I talked to them yesterday and the lady said that she will take my word for it and I should expect Jan/Feb interview. (exact same line as yours :)
I am wondering how will they know where to send my packet 4 to since it seems they are not opening up packet 3.
Also, if they are not opening up packet3 and just scheduling interviews based on "our word", is all the information in packet 3 useless?
Any ideas?

Requesting Visa

Case # and Visa # is Different. You need to understand the whole process. Once the consulate gets all the papers from you, they contact INS and request for the visa number. If your case gets approved, you get the same visa. If it is rejected, the consulate let the INS know about that. It is like COnsulate saying to INS that I need this many visa of this category - this is how INS keep track of all the visas and immigration issues.

Thanks guys. for posting useful information.

November is ending in 2 days. when can we expect jan intervirew dates...

:)

Has New Delhi started replying to the emails ? I read somewhere in the past that they never

replied to any email...

Thanks
Vishal

I have written numerous mails to them, no reply. The guys take 10 extra days to update their website

If they sincerely reply to emails, they will drastically reduce their phone calls.

Doing a good job of keeping this alive.

Did u guys see my post regarding PCC. Delhi Embassy says you need it. Another post of a guy who talked to Madras says you need it only if u are staying in India. Request all the guys in this post to clarify this ASAP and post back. In cazse any of u talk to Delhi embassy pls clarify. Thanks.

By the way I spoke to the embassy about my case no. My P3 was in their system on Nov 9th. They confirmed a Jan interview. The exact date he said to call back after 2nd week of Dec. FYI...

Congrats on getting a Jan interview...

Sudhir,
I am just wondering if they are not opening up Packet3 these days, is all the information in Packet3 useless?

I think because of the anthrax scare, they are taking some time to open the P3\'s.

SO when u call up and tell them they have recd. it they set you up for the appt. And since they have about 2 months between then and the interview, they can always open the P3 by then and grab the info.

I think they anyway take P3 info

again at time of interview (as many successful cpers have posted )
so maybe they are ignoring this info at present. They are taking word of
people who are calling that they are ready with all docs,
and are entering the case .
just my opinion....