Lets Start Jan 2002 Appointment, Delhi Thread.

have New Delhi relase appointments for December 2001

Hi
     I checked the consualte\'s website and they have not posted Dec appointments on their website yet? Does anyone know what\'s going on? ( My P3 reached new delhi in the middle of Oct. I\'m wondering when should I expect an appointment. thanks a lot.)

The web site is not updated. But people have got Dec appointments. you need to call them to get your

Also the Packet 4 was mailed on Nov 16th according toi the Embassy.

Guess its wait time till Dec 15th for our dates.

Did someone see the posting at
cp_wait "Successfull CP on 19th Nov @ Delhi" 11/26/01 2:33pm
This guy took along a Police cert. even though he had lived only in India and USA.
I hope he does not screw up the trend for future CP\'ers.
Anyone has any ideas on this.

How true is this anthrax posting?

My lawyers fed\'xd my packet 3 couple of weeks back to the consulate, I called up the consulate yesterday and they still haven\'t received my packet 3 and so is not in their system.
On this message board I read that the consulate is not opening up packages because of anthrax, how true is this?
Does anybody have the same experience wherein they are also waiting for their packet 3 to reach the consulate?

It is true. Lot of posts have this complaint going on.

But most of them called up and insisted they have proof that the embassy received packet 3. The embassy then updated their system to reflect this. So call them up and insist that you have the fedex tracking no. and dont quit until they update their records.
All they are doing nowadays are just putting a tick on the recd. packet 3 in their system so u can be scheduled for an appt.

I tried this yesterday but didn\'t help.

I told the lady at the consulate that I have the tracking number and you guys have received it, but she was kinda rude and told me to check back next week (this is what she told me last week as well).
I have been unable to talk to Swamy last couple of times.

Thanks anyway for the information Sudhir, I will try again tonite.

What was the name of the lady? Try talking to Kiran or Swamy. Kiran is a new lady, she is polite. Sh

If you can talk to her in Hindi. She responds well.

Sanjay, would you please update this thread if you get some sort of confirmation that your P3 was en

My case is exactly the same as your. When the lady told me that she was entering my info in the system over phone, I was quite confused. But Patta Hara told that now a days Delhi embassy has started doing this because of Anthrax scare.

Anyway, it would be very helpful if you update this thread in case you call consulate to check if your case is really entered in the system. I will also do the same once I call them.

Thanks
Vishal

No idea what\'s going on....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I have posted couple of messages here. US embassy delhi has received
my papers on 27 Oct ( based on tracking info) and called after a week
(i.e around Nov 7) and they have entered my case during my phone call.
I guess that was just a case to flag my case for interview scheduling, nothing more than that because they haven\'t opened my packet-3. Then I called last night just to check whether they have opened pack-3 or not. A lady picked and said everything is okay. But when I asked her to confirm my India address , she did not have in system. So I dont have any idea friends what\'s going on there. I guess they are not opening packet-3. Please let me know if they have received any one case after oct 27 and opened the packet-3. Let\'s hope for best. Please keep updating this thread.
(FYI : december dates are posted on delhi embassy web site).

That is fine

Everything is fine if your P3 is updated during the phone call. P3 does not contain much anyways ... the declaration by us is the most important and that is confirmed on phone. Addresses can be updated later on ... even after going to the embassy at interview time.
If they say we are updating P3 on phone ... you are in great shape.
P4 can be collected at the embassy too after interview date is scheduled.

I called - we need not worry

I called Delhi and spoke with the lady. My P3 was mailed twice - one they recd on 9th Oct and the 2nd they recd on 29th. My case is AC-140. Same thing happened with me too - they updated over the phone. When I called yesterday, the lady said that they have requested a visa number for my case - I was kind of relaxed. I will get Jan or early Feb interview.

No Title

AKS1234,
I was slightly confused with your statement that "they have requested a visa # for your case". Does it mean they have to get in touch with NVC to get a case #. My impression for AC-140 was that the case # is generated by the consulate itself.
Please clarify.
Thanks.