Lets Start Jan 2002 Appointment, Delhi Thread.

they dont do anything before calling

when I first called they told me "we are waiting for P3" I said it is already reached then they said "please resend it"
I resent and called them before the new one reached india. Then they said "oh ... everything is fine u\'r P3 is entered who told u to resend?"
We will notify you when interview date comes in 2 months.

No Title

i too always call 419-8062 usually between 10-12 Indian time.
Never got Swamy ... called 3 times

Approx date by which the P3 should reach Delhi so that I can get Jan interview

Guys,
Does anybody know from past cases, whats approximately the last date of a month delhi consulate should receive a packet so that they can assign you an interview in the month following the next month.
I am expecting my Packet3 to reach the consulate around 20th of this month, does anybody know of my chances to get a Jan interview.

Also, how true is this anthrax info, do I need to call them to make sure they open my packet and enter it in their system.

thanks.

ANY NEW UPDATES FRIENDS about Jan Interview ????

Any body called to embassy to check status ?????????

Please keep this discussion alive.....keep update all of us

Spoke with delhi consulate operator...

called last night( tried almost 50minutes..).
Lady asked for case number.. then she said "We have received your petition" and then asked for my address.
When I asked if they have received my p-3.. reply was "We have received everything from your side, Wait for interview call." I asked when can I expect it.. reply was

"jan last week or feb 1st week.. but We cant give any specific time"

I am hoping I might get into 15th Dec listing.

Good luck to all

Trend is if your packet gets into system before 20th. U get interview in 2nd month.

Packet 3 in system before Nov 20th. Interview Jan.
Packet 3 in system after Nov 20th. Interview Feb.

Sudhir, Do we need to call consulate for them to enter my info in their system?

Are we supposed to call the consulate to make sure they open the packet? In this discussion, it was mentioned that because of anthrax info consulate is not opening up the packages.
My packet was sent on 13th of this month, keeping my fingers crossed as to what date I will get.
Thanks for the help.

AC 140 interview

my case was a ac 140, my packet 3 reached delhi on july 28 but since it was an Ac 140 case they did not enter my case in the system till oct. i am hopinh to recv my date in dec
ur best bet is to call and talk to swamy

Why it took so long?

Rohit,
I am also applying for AC-140 at New Delhi consulate in a couple of weeks time.

I am very curious to know why it took so long for your case to be entered into the system.

I would also appreciate if you could let me know what is the process after the consulate receives the Packet 3. Specifically, the questions I have are:

1. When did you get your case # from Consulate and how (mail/e-mail, phone..)?
2. Did NVC had to do anything do with your case as it was AC-140?
3. I know for some time the Delhi consulate was in the process of making a decision whether to accept AC-140 or not. That was during Aug/Sep time frame. Could that be the reason for the delay.

Thanks in advance.

AC-140

Guys..

I dont want to upset you but Please check with ur attorney as delhi doesnt accept AC-140 until-unless it approved for non CP ie 140 for AOS. In other words if I-140 gets approved for AOS then only you can request Delhi consulate to arrange an interview.

Please verify with your attorney.

regards,
Nitin.

What are my chances of getting January interview ?

Packet 3 reached at N. Delhi consulate on November 10th.

I will try calling today & will ask if it is in the system!!!

Thanks
Vishal

No Title

Nitin140,

By definition, AC-140 means that the I-140 was originally filed for AOS and subsequently I-824 is filed to change the designation from AOS to CP. The original I-140 (designated for AOS)approval,I-824 receipt (requesting a change from AOS to CP),I-140 original petition and other documents (DS-230 Part 1, OF 169)is then sent to Consulate for immigrant visa.

As far as I know, Delhi does accept AC-140 and there have been couple of AC-140 successful cases at New Delhi in last couple of months.

My attorney has already confirmed that Delhi does accept AC-140.

Regards.

Painful calling Delhi Embassy.

I tried for 2 hours yesterday between 11:30 PM - 1:30 AM EST. In all the ring reached there 8-10 times. No one picked up the phone.
Only once a lady picked up and cut me off.

The no\'s I tried were 419-8062 and 419-8374.

I managed to get thru to 419-8000 - The person transferred me to a automated voice which says do not call 419-8000 for visa enquiries. Call 419-0106 and 419-8150 for automated information on visa matters. For operator help call 419-8062.

Its really painful.

Guys any of you, what are the best hours to call and which no\'s?

IMP - for Rohit Verma and Akilesh

Hi Akilesh

I also applied as AC 140. Mailed my papers to Delhi on Oct 9th. Got my case # a week after. Couple of times when I called, they said we are waiting for your Packet 3. I mailed my P3 again - reached Oct 29th. Even after that they told me the same status when I called on Nov 14th. I got really angry and told her that I have evidence that you have received my P3 twice and gave her the dates. Then she changed me status and told me to expect Jan interview.

So, AKILESH, go ahead with AC 140 but be very proactive when you call them. My experience is they want to delay AC 140.

Rohit - Call and find out what is wrong with your case. You should atleast have got your case #.

Call between 11 - 12 CST

Just keep calling - they will pick up. Or set up alarm for 2 CST and call that time. Let them know that you are calling from US.

I am sending my packet 3 next week.

AKS1234,
Thank you very much for your information.Couple of quick questions.

1. How did you obtain your case # from the consulate? Did they send an e-mail or letter or did you call them regarding the case #?

2. If someone hand delivers in New Delhi, will they enter into the system right away and give a case # or do you have to still wait for a few days to get the case entered and to get the case #.

Thanks in advance.

AC 140

Hi Akilesh

Hand delivery is definately better because for couple of weeks, their mail room is closed because of anthax scare. They do not enter the info right away. Give them atleast a week time to enter into the system.

Once you send your AC I-140 papers, call after about a week. They will give you the case # and the status.