Lets Start Jan 2002 Appointment, Delhi Thread.

After reading all the posts

about PCC being required I went back and checked
   the forms/instructions in Pkt3 (from NVC)
   In the supplemental OF169 sheet, in list of countries
   from which PCC is NOT required, INDIA is not included.
   Which means, they can always say that the Pkt 3 instructed us to get
   the PCC from India.

I was hoping the sheet would say we don\'t need one, and we could use that to say we were
   never informed.
   But now things look different don\'t know how to get PCC before Jan.

PCC

the person who dont have PCC can go Indian embassy in US and can ask
for police certificate and they will give u with in 30 days.....so I guess most of you still have time....RUSH FOLKS>>>>>>>>>>>>

Harry, I dont know if the private mail got sent.

Anyway for the P3 hand delivery.
In Delhi U can hand deliver between 2 - 4 PM only. The window id empty and no lines to stand in. It is fast.
Make sure they open your envelope in front of you. ANd they will tell the delivery person your Case no. from your opened forms. That is enough. U should have the P3 in the system same day.

Sudhir! Thanks a lot..

thanks for ur update Sudhir and gh2... if it\'s walk-in...I should be able to ask my frind\'s inlawsa, else i\'ll have to post from US...what do u guys think of getting it mailed from Delhi itself? maybe it\'s btter than FedEx from here in US???
Secondly did u guys sent Packet 3 on ur own as well as from attorney, because I\'m planning to do this once NYC mails Packet 3...what do u suggest in this matter?
Thanks for your help and advice :)
BTW i got the private mail too..thanks.

PCC

Guys,

Do we need pcc or not? Please help if someone has got confirmed information.

Keeping our thread up and running :)

Nitin lot of confusion going around. No one is sure.

I am anyway talking to the local embassy in NY tomorrow. I had my passport issued in NY after 10 yrs expiry. If they issue me a PCC in 1-2 days as is being discussed, i will just take it along. My wife\'s Passport was issued in india and if it takes 45 days for her there is no point trying to get one as I am expecting my interview by Jan 15th. Lets hope someone posts concrete info ASAP, maybe one of the new successful CP interview guys.

Sudhir u should get the PCC from indiacgny.org

if ur in NY area as u can get it in 1-2 days... i spoke to CGNY and anybody who has passport issued from US can get it real fast ...chal all the Best :)

PCC Required from Jan 2002.

Guys I had posted earlier that Delhi Embassy needs a PPC from Jan 2002. I made a followup call yesterday night EST.
The guy confiirmed that it is required. I confirmed from him that I am EB2 and stayed only in India and US. He says you need it.

I also spoke to my lawyer last week and she told me she will get back to me. This morning she confirmed that it is required now. It needs to arranged preferrably from the Passport office)as they can give a global picture) rather than the local police station.

Getting a PCC from the Embassy here in the USA is same as getting it from the passport office as they request it in turn from Passport office in India.

My interview is scheduled for Jan 2002. I will talk to the Indian Embassy in NY today and find out the exact details of time etc.

For all those who have been trying to RUN AWAY FROM THE HARSH REALITY. Wake up and arrange it ASAP.

Maybe the US Embassy in India will be a bit lenient in the first few weeks. But I am sure this is going to become a permanent fixture now.

Talked to INdian Embassy In NY.

People who have their passports renewed in US can get the PCC in a few days. Otherwise they have to get info from India and it will take about 1 month. Original Passport needs to be deposited for this purpose.

Guess we are really screwed. All Jan 2002 CP\'ers looks like we have to go to India at least 3 weeks in advance and try to get this
from there.

I am wondering if they have a Tatkal for this PCC also. PAY MORE GET FASTER. I am exploring this option.

PCC from Indian CGNY

Sudhir,

What number did you call for CGNY? Please post the phone number that you called and the person you talked to.

What is the process to get a PCC from them? Are there any forms, can this be done in person? Please let us know if you have any info on these questions as well.

Thanks.

Talked to a lady at 212-774-0610.

Download and print the Miscellaneous Services form from the web. FIll it up as per instructions.
http://www.indiacgny.org/forms.html - Forms
http://www.indiacgny.org/miscpc.html i Instructions

Need original passport as per thet lady. When I asked her if I need to deposit the original passport
for 30 days , she says please confirm this at the window when you deposit the form.

Basically if your passport was issued in Idnai they will forward this request to your passport office in
India and get this from there. Yes you can deposit the forms in person. pay in cash.

No need to deposit passport

I got my PCC from Indian consulate in SFO and you don\'t need to deposit the passport. You just need to give them a copy of the passport but when you go to collect PCC you need to take the original passport since they also put a stamp on your passport saying that a PCC has been issued. (Another thing: you need exact amount in cash at the consulate, they will not process your application unless you give them the exact amount)

Sudhir, others, do you know whether a PCC from indian consulate here is sufficient or do we also need to take a PCC from all the local police stations in India where we stayed since turning 16.

That\'s a good question. Its too confusing right now.

But my lawyers advice is if u got it from Consulate here, it was issued from the local passport office in India. So it shouldl suffice as it gives a complete picture. It should do.

So I think at this short notice, this is the best bet we have. I am doing the same thing. I am not collecting it from all the places I stayed in India as they are more than 4.

Re:

> That\'s a good question. Its too confusing right now.

> But my lawyers advice is if u got it from Consulate here, it was issued from the local passport office in India. So it shouldl suffice as it gives a complete picture. It should do.

I agree. A PCC from the consulate should be sufficient. Can someone please post a copy of the new Packet III docs NVC is now mailing out? Are these accessible somewhere? Did someone try calling NVC to find out.