Lets Start Jan 2002 Appointment, Delhi Thread.

I don\'t think you can mail it

You (and your family members) need to take the original passport and the passport copies in person at the SFO consulate.

Anybody can collect the PCC after a month but the person collecting should have original passport of all the applicants.

Re:

> That\'s a good question. Its too confusing right now.

> But my lawyers advice is if u got it from Consulate here, it was issued from the local passport office in India. So it shouldl suffice as it gives a complete picture. It should do.

I agree. A PCC from the consulate should be sufficient. Can someone please post a copy of the new Packet III docs NVC is now mailing out? Are these accessible somewhere? Did someone try calling NVC to find out.

did anyone call delhi to find when delhi dates will be out?

for Jan. Keep the forum updated please

CGNY PCC PROCESS

I had been to the CGNY this morning.

FYI.

If passport was renewed in US, then you get the PCC on same day. Passport needs to be deposited.
If Passport issued from India. It takes 35 days to get a PCC. Passport copy needs to be deposited. The original passport needs to be taken when you go back after 35 days to pick up the PCC.

Embassy asked me to call up after 2nd week of Dec.

I will try calling around 12th Dec. We should have the dates by then.

hotels in delhi?

Does anyone have recommendations for good hotels in New Delhi which are near to the consulate and also to Dr Jains Clinic?

hotel

The nearest to US Consulate is ashoka but then U can always stay in Connaught place and US consulate and South-ex ( Dr jain) should be the same

IF you want to stay in Cheap place ...Pahar Ganj is the name

Paharganj hotels r NOT very reliable

I won\'t recommend paharganj as the area is full of scamsters...
Trust me if u havn\'t been in Delhi, Paharganj is not the place...I worked in Delhi for 2 yrs and last time i landed there from US, there were people mobbing me the moment i got out of my taxiat Paharganj area around mid-night :(
Hotel Choice - Depends on ur budget - i\'ll be looking for hotels for my feb/march interview...
Check Ashok Yatri Nivas-u can search for location and phone # from google or other search engines, i saw oneplace which had good rates for vasant continental $79 + tax
if ur a Internationl youth hostel member and can get book a room (if available), that\'ll be best cos it\'s less than 5 mins walking distance from embassy....
There\'s another hostel - Youth Hostel which is 15 mins walking distance from US embassy - I dunno there policy for booking rooms but they didn\'t require any membership the last time i stayed there 8 yrs back...
Also check for Hotel Samrat...
All the best..BTw keep us posted on ur search tooo..Thanks

I agrre with harry

Harry is right ... I am from delhi and paharganj is not a right place to stay so stay in good hotel though it might be little expansive but u will be safe..........

Thanks everyone

Thnks guys for all this useful info. The mobbing stiry is kinda scary! I\'ll try one of the suggestions.

FORMAT OF PCC obtained from CGNY

Ref No. Date

POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE

This is to certify that there is no adverse information in repect of Mr. XXXXXX s/o XXXXXX holder of INDIAN
   passport No. XXXXXXX issued at NEW YORK on XX/YY/ZZ which would render him ineligible for the grant
   of travel facilities including visa for USA.

STAMPED SIGNED

The passport is also stamped with the following

PCC issued for U.S.A
   REF: XXXXXXXXXX
   Date - mm/yy/dd

Stamped and signed.

Regarding the experience :

Went there in the morning around 8:15 Am to be first in line. Since my passport was issued at NY. Deposited the passport forms etc. Collected the PCC and passport in the evening at 4:30 PM. No Problems. My wifes passport was issued in India, SO deposited all the forms with a passport copy. They saw her passport and returned it. Asked me to collect her PCC after 39 days. They give a receipt when you deposit the forms. This receipt has a ref. no. You need this to collect the PCC. Overall the process is Hassle free. No problems at all. The staff at the Embassy was very courteous.

Sudhir -CGNY timings

can u pls tell me how crowded the cgny is at 9:15/9:30 am because it opens at 9:15 am. I\'m planning to go there on friday Dec 7.

Opens at 9:00 AM. Be there at 8:30 or so to be among the first few to avoid the crowd.

timings:
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
As you enter the consulate. You have to go to the left room. As soon as you enter the room, take a ticket from the ticket dispenser machine on the right side as you enter the room. You are called to the window based on this ticket no.

Didn\'t mean to scare U

but if u r not aware of the Delhi attitude (though I luv delhi for what it is :)), stay away from paharganj hotels..BTW i was only at the new delhi railway station on Paharganj side...
so whens u interview Raj...

anyone called consulate for Jan date

seems like Mummbai cp\'ers have already started getting
them...

Jan Interview

Called US embassy last night and they told my interview is on 7th Jan, so I guess they have started giving the interview date...