Last updated date changed for Jan '03 case

Jan 03 case approved

Guys,

Our cases have been approved. I got the emails today for both me and my wife. Approved on Sep 25th. Got the emails today.

I contacted local congressman's office last week. Received a call from their office saying cis said it can take about 4 months for this case.

LUD changed on my case couple of days later without change in the message.

Good luck to you all. All your cases will be approved very soon. Keep faith in god, if not in CIS.

RD-Jan 27th 03
ND- Feb 19th 03
FP2- Aug 12th 04
Last time LUD changed Sep 19th 2004.
AD-Sep 25th 2004

hemeshd,
Congratulations on your approvals and Enjoy your freedom!

BTW. Your RD and ND are not current as per the CIS processing times, so what did you really say to your local congressman. I was actually thinking of contacting the congressman last week, but I was confused as I was actually not sure what to really say as my RD and ND are not current to the CIS processing times. Please guide me if you can by sending me a personal message. Once again Congratulations!

hemeshd said:
Guys,
Our cases have been approved. I contacted local congressman's office last week. Received a call from their office saying cis said it can take about 4 months for this case.
RD-Jan 27th 03
ND- Feb 19th 03
FP2- Aug 12th 04
Last time LUD changed Sep 19th 2004.
AD-Sep 25th 2004

needhelp1,

When i called the congressman's office, i told them that its more then 20 months that i applied I-485 and its more then a month that i gave my second FP. Came to know from FBI name check and finger prints that they are already cleared. Have seen applications with the same RD and ND getting approved and mine is not a complicated case and it cant get any simpler then this.

After hearing to all this they told me that they will contact cis and let me know. After couple of days later they called me back with the status.

I will strongly suggest you to call your local congressman and give it a shot.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thanks alot Buddy for the prompt reply.
Just curious to know where do you live and which congressman you have contacted ?
hemeshd said:
needhelp1,
I will strongly suggest you to call your local congressman and give it a shot.

Hello Buddy Need Help,

Don't you think it is too early for us contact local congress man, i mean since from last week so far Aug5 to Aug12 approvals are geeting approved, may be 2 more weeks. :confused:

How to be proactive?

Gorrila, Needhelp, I dont think it is too early for us to contact Congressman/Senator. When I see that VSC is approving I-485s filed as late as Aug 2003, and when I see how many Jan/Feb 2003 cases filed after me have been approved, I think it is a matter of drawing attention to one's case.

Since our FP2 is done, and LUD has changed more than 1 month ago (i.e. FP2 recd) our cases are like fruit ripe for plucking by VSC officers. Problem is that too many similar fruits are hanging within their reach, and they are randomly closing their eyes and plucking whatever they get. So, in this situation if we can draw attention to our case, it may greatly help. I can see 3 ways of doing that, maybe you can add to my knowledge.

1) Initiate inquiry thru 800 number: Unfortunately, we are Dec/Jan filers and current date is Sep 2002, so this option is not yet available to us :(

2) Call Congressman/Senator: I sent my local Congresswoman's office a fax 2 weeks ago with case details, and I am going to follow up with them this week. If they are unhelpful I'll try Senator's office.

3) File EAD/AP extension: I did this Sep 15, maybe when they pick this up they will realize that I-485 is pending. But this is a slim hope.

Any suggestions on anything else we can do would be appreciated

Dear Gorilla,
I know that our applications are on the adjudicators desk, but some how, i want the adjudicator to dust our files and start approving it. I am only afraid that, if I don't act soon, CIS will start working on New H1 cases and they will then go slowly on I485 cases.

To be honest, I get really frustrated when I see the approvals of Late 2003 cases and I don't know how 2001 and 2002 filers are really taking this painful journey of GC. Don't mistake me, I always feel happy for people who are getting their's I485 approvals irrespective of RD&ND dates atleast they are free from the pains of this stupid process.

Gorilla said:
Hello Buddy Need Help,
Don't you think it is too early for us contact local congress man, i mean since from last week so far Aug5 to Aug12 approvals are geeting approved, may be 2 more weeks. :confused:

It totally agree with you gc-despo and I think option 2 and 3 are better ones to approach. I have already applied my AP2 on September 9th 2004 and the LUD on it has changed continously for a week and then stopped and no activity on I485. And now I want to try contacting the congressman/senator and see how that is going to help our cases.The only thing I am waiting for is my Name Check Results from FBI as I haven't heard anything from them yet. Hopefully, I will wait for this entire week and then if I don't hear anything from CIS, I will start contacting the congressman/senator.

gc-despo said:
1) Initiate inquiry thru 800 number: Unfortunately, we are Dec/Jan filers and current date is Sep 2002, so this option is not yet available to us :(

2) Call Congressman/Senator: I sent my local Congresswoman's office a fax 2 weeks ago with case details, and I am going to follow up with them this week. If they are unhelpful I'll try Senator's office.

3) File EAD/AP extension: I did this Sep 15, maybe when they pick this up they will realize that I-485 is pending. But this is a slim hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks 'Need Help' and 'Gc-despo' for your feedback. I too agree 100% with you guys. We should start contacting congress/senator offices and certainly there will be no harm with it. I will wait till tomorrow and i will start contacting local congress/senator offices.

I too agrre with your comment " it is a pain man!!

"" To be honest, I get really frustrated when I see the approvals of Late 2003 cases and I don't know how 2001 and 2002 filers are really taking this painful journey of GC. Don't mistake me, I always feel happy for people who are getting their's I485 approvals irrespective of RD&ND dates atleast they are free from the pains of this stupid process ""

Wait for a day or two and then hopefully, you all should be approved. Good Luck!
Gorilla said:
Today my wife 485 lud changed. but not me and son. do you guys think any sign of it?????????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Another August FP case has been approved.Lucky Guy .

I sincerely think now CIS is really doing this to avoid the Class Action Law Suit and it is really not fair for the people who are waiting from early 2001 and 2002. I hope that atleast by Rajiv's efforts, CIS will start approving cases in a decent timely manner. :mad:

Is there a way to draw attention of USCIS

Since there is so much randomness in the way the cases are getting approved (i.e with in a range on 18 months or so), is there a way we could draw attention of some body who is influential and who could find out what exactly is going on. Basically, if people with receipt dates in 2002 and early 2003 are waiting to hear some thing (i.e. any thing at all) from INS while people in later part of 2003 are getting approvals, there seems to be some thing wrong some where. The adjudicating officers, who should be looking/spending time on the older cases are simply not doing that. And unless they do so, the older cases will never get the timely attention and people who applied after wards will keep getting approvals (which I am sure they also understand is unfair to the people who have been waiting for a long time). Older cases should see some activity what so ever that amounts to. I was wondering if there is any thing that could be done to draw USCIS/Congress's attention to this unfairness.

Mr. Rajiv is already fighting a case and you can follow the linkCase Status and try to see if you can contribute to the cause.
doldrums said:
I was wondering if there is any thing that could be done to draw USCIS/Congress's attention to this unfairness.

Hi Gorilla and other Aug FP2 cases,
It looks like today was for August FP2 and hopefully if the treand continues for this week, we should have our approvals anyday! And I also wish that CIS does justice to all pending 2001 and 2002 cases and start processing in a proper manner.

Thanks 'Need Help' that's what i am also thinking, initially i thought tomorrow i can contact my local senator but now when i see some aug fp2 i thought we can wait one more week or so. As you said may be we can see some type of shade this week. Hope for the good and praying real hard to approve all our cases. :)

Yes friend. We should hang in there for atleast this week atleast and hopefully we should get our approvals by the end of this weekend. Good Luck to all pending I485 cases with recent Finger Printing 2.
Gorilla said:
Thanks 'Need Help' that's what i am also thinking, initially i thought tomorrow i can contact my local senator but now when i see some aug fp2 i thought we can wait one more week or so. As you said may be we can see some type of shade this week. Hope for the good and praying real hard to approve all our cases. :)

I stopped thinking about it a short while ago. But now I am getting a lot restless after FP-2, and I remember seeing the same trend with Sanga, Kandy17 and now needhelp1. So, what I am going through is not unsusual but other guys so far have got approvals and everyone is swearing needhelp1's approval every day.

I am getting more restless as I left my sponsoring employer before labor approval and since then they have been supporting the process so I am thinking I might get an RFE, it will add further delay, I don't know what is the best way to stay calm.

I think the best way would be to stay away from computer that will stop me from checking status every 5 mins, but since the job is related to computers that is not possible, hopefully GOD will give me strength to go through this.

Dear PremChopra,
Actually, I am also in the same boat like you! As our cases have something or the other issues so I think that is what making us restless and especially when we see approvals of Mid-2003, we obviously will really get upset by the CIS treand. It is very difficult to stay away from computer as most of us here are computer professionals, so the best way is to try to find a way out from this by discussing any ideas of how to make the IIO work on our cases.

I am now in the processing of contacting congressman by the end of the week, if i don't hear anything from CIS by then and also I am thinking of applying my wifes AP2 sometime mid next month and see if that helps.....

Just hang in there buddy and I am sure we will all sail through this storm very soon! And I think in difficult times it is only one source we all can look for which we call him as GOD!. Good luck to you.

PremChopra said:
I stopped thinking about it a short while ago. But now I am getting a lot restless after FP-2, and I remember seeing the same trend with Sanga, Kandy17 and now needhelp1. So, what I am going through is not unsusual but other guys so far have got approvals and everyone is swearing needhelp1's approval every day.

I am getting more restless as I left my sponsoring employer before labor approval and since then they have been supporting the process so I am thinking I might get an RFE, it will add further delay, I don't know what is the best way to stay calm.

I think the best way would be to stay away from computer that will stop me from checking status every 5 mins, but since the job is related to computers that is not possible, hopefully GOD will give me strength to go through this.