Last updated date changed for Jan '03 case

Thanks for the help needhelp1. You need help and you helping others, cool...

I think contacting Congressman is not a good idea since they have a stereotype answer that we have not reach that processing date yet so I don't want to use this lifeline yet, applying for AP for wife is definitely a very good idea, I will use that if I don't hear anything by end of Oct.

I strongly believe that if you help others then Almighty will definately help you. So you see my selfishess :)

I totally agree with you and I am also kind of hesitant to contact congressman about just the status of my case. That's why I have started another thread congressman help where I have asked other friends to share there experience and then if I find any good suggestion, then I will try to use.

Rightnow I have one issue with me as you all know that still my Online Message says that my case has a problem, so I am thinking of using it if I don't get any good suggestions. And also apart from contacting congressman, i will try to apply AP2, then EAD2 for me and my wife and pray GOD for our approvals.

PremChopra said:
Thanks for the help needhelp1. You need help and you helping others, cool...

I think contacting Congressman is not a good idea since they have a stereotype answer that we have not reach that processing date yet so I don't want to use this lifeline yet, applying for AP for wife is definitely a very good idea, I will use that if I don't hear anything by end of Oct.

Guys,
Its looks like we have a roll today on Rupnet.net and as of 1.38pm est, we already have 11 approvals. Go VSC Go :D

Needhelp1...

I am also thinking of applying for EAD and AP one after the another...for both myself and my wife. But our AP is valid till April 05 and EAD till June05...when should I start?

I just called Customer Service and asked CSR why the status is showing for my old FP even though I appeared for FP2. Seems like some college fresher was sitting there, she told me Vermont does not process any I-485, so your file should be in Atlanta and they are right now doing March 2002 and you are December 2002 so you have to wait.

So, instead of arguing or panicking I said thank you for the information as I understood that, she is not sure what she is talking about.

Generally, you are allowed to appy EAD before 6 months and AP before 3 to 4 months of its expiration. So try to do some research of approval treand and then only apply for EAD and AP as you don't want to waste money unnessarily.
rajudm said:
I am also thinking of applying for EAD and AP one after the another...for both myself and my wife. But our AP is valid till April 05 and EAD till June05...when should I start?

PremChopra,
I am afraid that she might be right. I contacted our congressman office today and discussed my case issues with them and asked them if they can help and when I told them that our cases are in Vermont, she informed me that rightnow most of the Vermont Cases are transferred and they are being processing some where in Mid-West and she said that is 100% correct information. So I think, you should not ignore what she is saying. I would strongly suggest to you that you should talk to your local representative and see if they can do anything in your case. This is just my suggestion. My 2 Cents!

PremChopra said:
I just called Customer Service and asked CSR why the status is showing for my old FP even though I appeared for FP2. Seems like some college fresher was sitting there, she told me Vermont does not process any I-485, so your file should be in Atlanta and they are right now doing March 2002 and you are December 2002 so you have to wait.

So, instead of arguing or panicking I said thank you for the information as I understood that, she is not sure what she is talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gorilla and Please wish for all other pending FP2 cases too.
I don't know what is happening with our cases and so finally I have faxed a detailed letter to congressman's office along with all supporting documents and I am hoping for the best. After talking to the staff at congressman's office, I am sure that VSC has sent some of our cases to other service centres to reduce their service centre backlogs. So we should all pray GOD for faster approvals.
Gorilla said:
So 'need help1' you may triggered today. Best of luck.

The reason I was believing what I was saying is that she said Vermont does not process ANY I-485 and since I did FP2 recently, the FP2 notice which I got was from Vermont, if my file would have been in Atlanta, Atlanta should have sent FP notices not vermont.

Also neither me or my attorney got any information about cases being transferred. If they are processing the cases somewhere in Midwest that would still be under jurisdiction of VSC, it would still be counted as VSC processed those cases unless the cases are transferred to some local center.

On the other hand don't forget about all the approvals we are seeing for others, all those cases are filed in Vermont. Actually I am pretty much sure she did not know what she was talking about because when I asked her to verify my address on the case, she said she can not do it, she does not have access to it, so I think it must be some intern ended up taking my phone call. I did this last month and lady I spoke to was able to confirm my address.

I am not 100% sure of which place falls under what jurisdiction so I cannot comment on that and if you think Midwest is under VSC then I am lot relieved as I don't want our cases to go to someother service centre. Thanks for clarifying my concern.

As I said, I have already contacted and faxed my info to the congressman office and as soon as I hear anything concrete then I will update all you guys. Please wish me Good Luck !
PremChopra said:
Also neither me or my attorney got any information about cases being transferred. If they are processing the cases somewhere in Midwest that would still be under jurisdiction of VSC, it would still be counted as VSC processed those cases unless the cases are transferred to some local center.

this is way vermont processing????

Friends,

I just called Vermont customer service center and asked about the status of my case as it is already close 2 yrs she said following how far it is true?

"We are processing right now after RDsep21 cases, your case is in Jan Rd, and then when i ask for how come other Jan people are getting their approval and she explained. In vermont we have many diffrent office and i am not sure which office's is dealing your case right now, some office's are in back sep'02 and some offices little further jan'03. And also she was telling me each office has certain number of goal for each year. if they reach that quota(goal) processing will be delayed little bit for further application??

If your LUD changed(either you or spouse) one time and not changed any thing for 10 days that means your case will be transfered diffrent location(iN vermont only)

Guru's your thought's please

my LUD has changed 5 times since 2FP in July

I just can't figure out what's going on? I guress they work in a way without any common logic and sense.

Today again it looks like it is a dry day as per rupnet. There are only 3 approvals logged as of 1.30pm. Yesterday we had 11 by the same time. :confused: :confused: :confused:

With VSC processing so randomly, I am giving up all hope of early approval. I was quite excited when I got FP2 notice in July, and again I ws excited when LUD changed after FP2 on Aug 26. Then, foolishly I started hoping for approval. My hopes went up seeing sanga, kandy, and several other Dec/Jan 485 cases being approved.

But now I think VSC has played yet another trick on us. They have probably approved 25% of the Dec/Jan RD, July/Aug 04 FP2 cases, and the rest of us are either going to be transferred or left hanging in the air. I tried contacting Congresswoman, but got no useful response from them. I have basically lost all hope and seeing a few (1 or 2) cases getting randomly approved every day does not at all raise hope any more.

May all VSC and USCIS people suffer similar agonies sometime in their life....

gc-despo:

You said

"They have probably approved 25% of the Dec/Jan RD, July/Aug 04 FP2 cases, and the rest of us are either going to be transferred or left hanging in the air."

How did you arrive to that? I was also in similar situation until Monday afternoon. You must be getting anytime. I personally know that about 9 guys from Dec RD got their approval last week. They never updated thier info either in Rupnet or in this forum.

Buddy 'gc-despo' you might right. we just need to hang in there instead expecting some thing ourself.

Yes they really Making joke on us

I too feel the same way like gc-despo and to be honest, I am too tired to go to the USCIS website now-a-days and see the same stupid message that the Case has some problem...blah...blah...blah.

I don't know how I should make CIS work on our cases. I have applied for AP2 & I have called the congressman office and I haven't heard anything back from them & I have again faxed for Name Check as I didn't hear anything from them yet. God only should help all the pending I485 cases and give them enough streangth to hold on to this tough times of GC processing.

Needhelp1...just ignore USCIS for a while

You need to ignore them for a while. It is going to cause too much stress and tension. In my case USCIS hasn't requested for Name check yet even after 16 months into I485 processing.

Since I140 is cleared, the life is as good as having GC. The possession of GC wouldn't help much since same struggle would continue (like finding a project...feeding the middlemen.). I am not considering taking a permanent job and become lazy after going through all the trouble to get GC.

rajudm:

I may missed your earlier posting..

How did you come to know that USCIS has not requested for your name check?

Thanks,
JJ