landing experience

passport for immigration visa requested after medicals expired

Johar Ali said:
you will have one year from your medicals

I have a unique situation. My medicals have already expired (on 1/22/2005) and now I got the request to send the passports for immigration visa!
What is my situation? I am planning to send the passports in the next few days. Will they still issue our immigration visa?

Thanks
eternal_pending

Eternal_Pending said:
I have a unique situation. My medicals have already expired (on 1/22/2005) and now I got the request to send the passports for immigration visa!
What is my situation? I am planning to send the passports in the next few days. Will they still issue our immigration visa?

Thanks
eternal_pending

I think they will still issue visa with some legitimate time to land.

Johar Ali said:
you can send it any way you want it to but the return has to be USPS which is mentioned in the letter so why don't oyu just use USPS from both sides. I mailed mine today through USPS and provided a return self addressed USPS envelop according to their specification

Thanks Johar_Ali.

I will use USPS express mail for both way.

Faimly Dependants Landing separately

I am sure somebody might have asked this question already.
Can the primary applicant complete the landing ritual first and then the dependants do it at a later time? Can somebody please point me to a thread that discusses this issue? I cannot find it myself.

thanks
eternal_pending

What if no friends in canada?

What if an applicant has no friends in canada and in that case how can you handle which canadian address to give?

Please advice

StonedAnt said:
Hello Srini,

Congrats on your successful landing and thanks for sharing your experience in detail. I only had one question for you. When you went to the US Consulate for getting a new visa sticker on your passport, did you also attach your valid I-94 card with the application? If not, then did they ask you for it?

Thanks again and Good luck in your future endeavours.

Stoned!

The I-94 was in the passport and the officer did see it. She just checked the validity and stapled it back to the passport! Infact I discovered the I-94 in the passport myself at the US consulate! I had given the I-94 to the canadian officer but he might have just glanced it and put it back in the passport which I never noticed until I got to the consulate. Hope that helps

Eternal_Pending said:
I am sure somebody might have asked this question already.
Can the primary applicant complete the landing ritual first and then the dependants do it at a later time? Can somebody please point me to a thread that discusses this issue? I cannot find it myself.

thanks
eternal_pending

Yes. When we received the PP after visa stamp from Buafflo, the letter mentioned that
1. Either all members land together
2. or principal applicant lands first and then the other members land.

Error on middle name of wife visa and CPR

There was one character missing on wife middle name visa and CPR document. I called (716) 858-9500. they told me it is ok if one character is missing. as long as passport have right name that is fine. but I force I want to correct it. she told me send back everything with letter.

I have sent fax also 2 days back. I have not received any response from them ?

Any suggestion.

Eternal_Pending said:

Thanks
eternal_pending
As some one already answere, they will hopefully give you enough time to land. Good luck.

Can any one please post as howlong did it take for them to get their passport back. Is it taking 2 weeks pretty much or is it +/- and how much?

billofempire said:
Johar Ali,
When do you plan to Land after you receive PP?
Thanks
Bill
Actually, I have till August to land but I have a job and will have to land sooner but am not decided yet. I have to sell a lot of stuff besides my house...

I have a job offer and am wondering if I can start working right away without SIN? Anyone please post. What are my options when I get there without SIN.

Thanks

GC approved but situation is complicated

After three years of waiting my passport request has come but my situation is complicated. I will be sending the passport next week.

According to CAIPS notes my medicals are valid till March 19 2005, I have situation that my wife cannot leave USA before March 19 2005 due to US immigration issues (pending Advance parole and EAD).

Can I enter Canada without her and after I become landed PR can I apply for her Canadian GC assuming that she could not land before the March 19 2005

What other options do I have?

Thanks

I have a job offer and am wondering if I can start working right away without SIN? Anyone please post. What are my options when I get there without SIN. Or do I have to waite for SIN to arrive before I can work...

Thanks bhand11683: SO that means once I provide the SIN then they will also pay for the days I worked before I had the SIN right. What are the consequences? and why would the employer do not agree? I could show them the rest of the paper work..Can't I? Thanks again for your help

pearl11142002 said:
After three years of waiting my passport request has come but my situation is complicated. I will be sending the passport next week.

According to CAIPS notes my medicals are valid till March 19 2005, I have situation that my wife cannot leave USA before March 19 2005 due to US immigration issues (pending Advance parole and EAD).

Can I enter Canada without her and after I become landed PR can I apply for her Canadian GC assuming that she could not land before the March 19 2005

What other options do I have?

Thanks

I think you can land separately but all of the family should land before the expiry date on the immigration visa issued on the passports.

Look at item 11.6 under the "Landing Procedures" on this link:
http://www.canadaimmigrationlaw.net/Categories/FAQ/landing-procedures.htm

Thanks
Eternal_Pending

Question on visa expiry date

Guys,

Recently I got PP request. My medical is expiring in March 2005.

Will I get visa expiry date of March 2005? Or will CIC buffalo give at least 3 or 4 months to land?

If any of you pass through this situation or have any idea, I really appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

Experts;

GC has been approved and will be sending my passport to Buffalo. My medicals are expiring on March 2005. I am assuming that the expiry date of the immigrant visa will be March 19 2005. I am going to cross the border at Detroit/Windsor.

I have read that in most cases the PR carg is mailed to the address provided during the immigration process at the border.

My question is, when I cross the border and the immigrant officer asks me to pick up the PR card and the date by chance (my bad luck ) falls after March 2005. In this case what are the options available to pick up the card.

Can I enter Canada using the expired immigrant visa or is there any other option.

Thanks
-Pearl