landing experience

Hi All,

This thread is really very useful for the people like us.

One quick question:

Where do we need to apply for SIN card ? Is in the airport itself they get the SIN card form ?(or) Do I need to go to some office in the downtown area ?

Would you please help in this.

Thanks
arun

pearl11142002 said:
Experts;

GC has been approved and will be sending my passport to Buffalo. My medicals are expiring on March 2005. I am assuming that the expiry date of the immigrant visa will be March 19 2005. I am going to cross the border at Detroit/Windsor.

I have read that in most cases the PR carg is mailed to the address provided during the immigration process at the border.

My question is, when I cross the border and the immigrant officer asks me to pick up the PR card and the date by chance (my bad luck ) falls after March 2005. In this case what are the options available to pick up the card.

Can I enter Canada using the expired immigrant visa or is there any other option.

Thanks
-Pearl

You can re-enter Canada using your landing papers (COPR papers which you will get with your passport stamp), as long as you travel in a private carrier ( not airplane, public train, public bus etc). so either own car or rental car should be fine to re-enter with the COPR documents.
[I am not an attorney, I am quoting what I read on CIC websites. ]

If you want to use a public transport to enter Canada, you would need a travel document that you can apply for at Canadian consulates in US for a fee for 50$( CDN I think).

The date stamped on the visa is for your first landing only. After you land, you are a permanent resident (PR card is just a identity document).

Landingg Questions

I would appreciate if anyone can answer my following questions

1. What are the documents I need at the time of landing?
2. Can I take bank statements as Proof of sufficient funds or I have to get Cashier Check or Money Order of $ 10,000.00.

Thanks

Generally these are most important docs req at time of landing are
1. Passport with Immigrant VISA
2. COPR
3. Proof of funds (Cash/Check/Bank Statements/Letter from Financial Institution)
4. Address in CA for PR (have a phone number ready, they ask it nowadays)

Other docs on case to case basis.

pearl11142002 said:
Experts;

GC has been approved and will be sending my passport to Buffalo. My medicals are expiring on March 2005. I am assuming that the expiry date of the immigrant visa will be March 19 2005. I am going to cross the border at Detroit/Windsor.

I have read that in most cases the PR carg is mailed to the address provided during the immigration process at the border.

My question is, when I cross the border and the immigrant officer asks me to pick up the PR card and the date by chance (my bad luck ) falls after March 2005. In this case what are the options available to pick up the card.

Can I enter Canada using the expired immigrant visa or is there any other option.

Thanks
-Pearl

Hi pearl11142002,

Did you send your passports for stamping? Let me know whether you get visa expiry date as March 19 2005 or something else?

I also sent Passports today for stamping and my medical is also expiring in march 2005.

Thanks.

Hi,

Is there any amount paid for Landing? If yes , how much and what is the mode of payment?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
arun

arun_gc_waiting said:
Hi,

Is there any amount paid for Landing? If yes , how much and what is the mode of payment?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
arun
it will be mentioned in you IA letter. It is better to pay it with additional docs when you get IA. If you do not have to send in additional docs still send in your landing fee also known as RPRF. It is somewhere arround 925 Canadian dollars but there are other posts on this forum list the correct amount. Remember, if you do not send in your RPRF fee with additional docs, you will get a request for it before PP request and may delay your process.

PR Canada

Johar Ali,
I have IA and additional Docs already sent in October 2004, are you suggesting I should send landing fee right away even before the interview call to avoid further delay or I should pay the landing fee at the time of interview?
Thanks
Bill

billofempire said:
Johar Ali,
I have IA and additional Docs already sent in October 2004, are you suggesting I should send landing fee right away even before the interview call to avoid further delay or I should pay the landing fee at the time of interview?
Thanks
Bill
Normally it is a good idea to mail in landing fee with the additional docs. However, since you will have an interview so it is okay to hold on to it for a while. You can pay it during the interveiw, I guess. There might be others who went through the interview may disagree and will be best if they posts their views. However, if I were you I would pay it right before the interview.

Goods to Follow

Is there a format for goods to follow? Is there a form or just write up in Word Table or Excel.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

gckadiwana

gckadiwana said:
Hi pearl11142002,

Did you send your passports for stamping? Let me know whether you get visa expiry date as March 19 2005 or something else?

I also sent Passports today for stamping and my medical is also expiring in march 2005.

Thanks.

gckadiwana:

I will be sending my passports on Feb 5 and will let you know what the expiriy date is.

Once you recive your passports ,Can you also let me know what your expiriy date is?

-Pearl

Help needed for Landing Process

Hello experts and gurus
I am getting ready to land and I know the below questions have been asked several but I would really appreciate if someone could spare some time and answer these questions I would be greatly obliged. Pls do reply.

1. Should we land by road or by air which is the safest route.
2. Do we have a choice where to land or the place mentioned on the landing papers is where we have to land. Is there a better place for landing.
3. What all do we have to take with us for landing besides the landing papers
4. What is the goods to follow list
5. Is it ok if we take less amount than the one specified on the application
6. What do we have to do after landing to get our PR cards assuming that we would be returning to US in 2-3 days
7. Do we have to surrender our I94 cards while landing or do we keep them with us.
8. How do we carry the amount with us. Can we just take our bank statements?
9. Is there a need to open a bank acct in Canada and what is a SIN card and why do we have to apply for one assuming that we will return to US in 2-3 days.
10. Anything else that we need to know for landing in Canada and for returning back to US
11.I have AP. Do not have H1B Stamp on PP. Can I enter on AP or need to go H1b Stamping in Canada
12. Anything else we need to keep in mind while being with Canadian imm officers while going and with US imm offices while coming back.

Thanks

Johar Ali said:
it will be mentioned in you IA letter. It is better to pay it with additional docs when you get IA. If you do not have to send in additional docs still send in your landing fee also known as RPRF. It is somewhere arround 925 Canadian dollars but there are other posts on this forum list the correct amount. Remember, if you do not send in your RPRF fee with additional docs, you will get a request for it before PP request and may delay your process.

Thank you so much Johar Ali. You are very helpful in many of the forums.

Thanks again.
Arun

Can my wife have her own "things to follow" list?

HI,

I already landed as I mentioned before. I got my things to follow list stamped.

my wife and my child will come to join me later this year. Can they have their "things to bring" and "things to follow"? again?

thanks

wheretogo

Please don't take this in a negative way but instead of posting 20 questions take a moment to search through the postings, there is an excellent search feature which will give answers to all your questions and use the forum in the right way, look at buffalo tracker and landing threads, search by my user id and you can find answers to most of your questions

canada_1111 said:
Is there a format for goods to follow? Is there a form or just write up in Word Table or Excel.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
there are forms comes with your visa