landing experience

kosu,
Go to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.html#prcard

it explains the process of contacting the CIC. The number is 1 800 255-4541, it is only valid in Canada so try using a phone card ( I have heard people have not been successful using this approach) or ask someone in canada to conference you in and see if you can tell them to resend the card.

Did it take 2 months for them to send your PR card once you landed?

Hope this helps

Hi Srini88,

Thanks for the information. I will do it. By the way, I actually landed in canada on july 2nd. I beleive it took them just 30days to send my PR card.

I got the PR cards for me and my wife and also the SIN card. It took about 21 days in my case.

I guess this ends my journey of 2.5 yrs for the PR card.This web site has been of immense help to me in getting to this stage, good luck to all future/current applicants

Congrats Srini!,

You mean you got in your hand in US in 21 days?.
or to your friend/relative address in 21 days?.
Just curious as i landed 10 days back!.

Thanks for your reply to my post/question, although it was little late and by then i landed that saturday(July 30th)!.

Canada Landing Question

Hi,
I have the following Scenario:

Received the Landing Papers (Filed as Single): April 2004
Married: Feb 2004
Wife arrived in US: June 2004
Dead Line to Land in Canada: Jan 2005

My Question is, I received my landing papers after my marriage and I have not notified to the Canadian consulate. Also I still have time to land in Canada. I am not sure what to do here.

1. Land by myself and update my marital status after I receive my PR.
2. Update to canadian consulate and postpone my landing date.
3. Will they complain that I have not updated them my marital status before I receive my landing papers.

Please please advice me how to proceed in this situation. I really appreciate your help in advance.

landing and returning to the US using 30 day rule

I would like to share my landing experiance with this forum. This forum has been extremely helpful in providing me with necessary info regarding landing process, rental car and visa issues.

Here is my personal profile:
Nationality- Bangladesh
Gender- Male (Muslim)
Current Status in the US- H1B (No H1B visa stamped on passport)
Previous Status- F1(expired F1 visa on passport)

From this forum I knew that Peace Bridge (Buffalo) Immigration authority is aware of the Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR or 30 day rule) policy.Even then, I called them up and confimred that they do allow AVR with expired visa and valid I-94. When I specifically asked if the rule is valid when expired visa on passport was different than the current status (in my case expired F1 visa with H1 I-94), the officer could not confirm. Rather, he advised me to ask the attending officer before I cross the bridge to go to Canada.

I rented an intermediate car from Hertz for one way travel to Canada for US$98/day. I reached peace bridge at around 10:00 am on a Saturday. I parked my car in the parking lot of the duty free shop on the US side of the bridge and then went to the special registration booth. The officer at the booth checked my documents and advised me that I didn't need to registrar. When I told him that I am willing to use AVR, he looked at my documents and said that I had an expired visa that is different from my current status. When I told him that according to State Department AVR should work with any expired non-immigrant visa, he agreed right away and wished me good luck with my landing. The officer was very professional and prompt.

The landing process took .5 hr, even though I was the only client in the entire customs and immigration department. The lady officer wanted to see the landing papers and noted the amount of money available with me. I had a bank statement and a cashier's check. She didn't bother to take a look at either. Then she explained what I need to do to maintain my PR status in Canada and that I would need the PR card if I plan to reenter Canada in a commercial vehicle.

On Monday I went to SIN Card office in Dufreen Mall. The entire process took only 5 minutes. What I found a bit disappointing is that no one in the immigration or in the SIN office bothered to say "Welcome to Canada" .

I returned back to the US on Aug 9th via Peace Bridge. The immigration officer (Black lady) called me in and started writing the I-94 number on my passport. That was a relief since that was a sure indication that I was going to get entry to the US. She asked me how long I was in Canada and then stamped my passport. The lady was quite but not rude.

I hope this info helps.

Bangalidude,

Thanks for valueable information. I was first thinking of getting my passport stamped from Toronto with H1-B but now i have dropped the idea and will come back on valid I-94 (AVR) which came with my I-797 approval notice (i do have a expired H1 visa on the passport). I hope everything will be fine with me to. Can you please post the Buffalo (Peace Bridge) phone number that you called, i just want to call them and make sure about my landing and coming back.

bangalidude said:
...From this forum I knew that Peace Bridge (Buffalo) Immigration authority is aware of the Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR or 30 day rule) policy.Even then, I called them up and confimred that they do allow AVR with expired visa and valid I-94....

Port of Entry ( Landing) close to boston..

I have canada immigrant visa expiring in a month. I need to land into Canada before that. Does anybody know port of entry that is close to Boston? And any experiences they have. ( I know Buffalo - but its little far). Appreciate your help. Also I am on Pending I-485 status - would that be an issue?

Thanks.

I used to live in NewHampshire and I went to Montreal to get my H1B visa. You can reach Canadian Border Via Vermont. This time of the year the drive should be very nice.

Hello

I am planning to land on Labor day weekend and I live in New England area. Can I give the address of Calgary for PR card and land in Toronto. I am not sure if anyone has done something similar.

Please help.

Landing in Nigara Fall

I am planning to land from Nigara Fall in the middle of September, I am planing to drive a rental car through the bridge then come back in the same day. I am not planning to apply for SIN card. Can anyone ask my last minutes questions? I greatly appreciate it.

1. Which rental company allow car pass the border? I check National Rental company and find they say that Canada Resident should not bring US-owned car to Canada, does it apply to landing person like us.

2. Can someone confirm me that landing through Buffelo should be ok for non-Quebec resident.

3. Goods to follow, how much should I declare?

4. Is bank statement ok, or I should bring a Cashier's check?

5. Is it true that SIN card is not required since I have not decide if I will really be residence in Canada, this is just a back up for me.

Thanks.

I am planning to land next wk to canada from US.
Does the traveller check can be in USDollar or shud they be in canadian dollars ?

pls .let me know..thanks.

For proof of funds you can have it in US dollars, you have to declare if you take more than 10000 US dollars

Myself and my husband wud be landing ...we are planning to take 2 traveller's cheque - one for 10K and other for 5k...
do we have to declare it ?

How to Apply for SIN

Hi All,

Can some one explain me How to apply for a SIN.

If I land on Saturday, can I apply for a SIN. Thanks to all.

Confused and Questions..

I am scheduled to land in Canada next week end. And today my US GC got approved ( Wife's is still pending). But we still want to land in Canada and stamp for several reasons (also Canada PR will expire in three weeks if we don't land). What are the issues at Landing process and also entering US on Advanced Parole.

Appreciate the responses/advices