July n-400

While I appreciate your response, I would like to know if there is somewhere I can confirm this statement?; "However, one thing is certain: you will have to wait until after your term is reached in order to perform the oath."

You do indeed have to wait until your term is reached before you can do the oath. I naturalized using the marriage to a USC clause despite getting my GC through work (I got it just before getting married as it turns out). Interesting thing happened on oath day when I was checking in at the hall and handed over my GC. The woman processing it noticed that it had not been 5 years since I had gotten the GC and called her supervisor over to discuss it. I explained to them both that I had applied based on having been married to a USC for over three years and the supervisor immediately understood this situation and okayed it. The lady processing it was still a little skeptical for some reason and the supervisor said there was no problem since it was a 3 year thing for marriage-based naturalizations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the responses on this inquiry, while it is clear that the statute states it, it is also helpful to read real world experiences, which is why we are all here I guess.

There are plenty of real world experiences on this forum, it's just a matter of searching for them.

http://tinyurl.com/29ha3na

Yes, I noticed and very interesting and could be overwhelming due to the sheer size of each thread. Some go as long as hundreds of pages...geez. I will take my time in going through them little by little as I take breaks between work. I think this is the largest besides hese that also actually discuss crimes and effects on immigration amongst other topics and have attorneys directly responding to some inquiries; http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/902603441 and http://boards.answers.findlaw.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=fl-immigration

Anyone with a fingerprint/biometrics letter should go for the walk-in process as soon as you receive it, you don't have to wait for the scheduled date and there are far less people at the processing centers now such that you will get it done quickly and get your case progressing ASAP. I did mine the day after I received the letter even though it was scheduled for 08/16/2010, the entire place only had a couple and another man plus me. I filled out the initial form and waited all alone at the next lobby for about 2 seconds and got my biometrics done. While chatting with the employees they jokingly said it seems nobody wants to be a citizen anymore perhaps because it is too expensive for them to afford now. Then I said I could have come the day before (when i actually received the letter), they said it was empty as well and it would have been a breeze for me either way and has been so for quite a while compared to five years ago when it was packed with lines outside. And this is despite the fact that this office handles both DC and northern VA applications and should have more workload compared to some other places.

So go get your FP done ASAP, don't wait for the printed scheduled date (which I am unsure why they schedule it weeks out when they should know the application service centers are not having much to do). And don't forget to get your copy of the Learn About the US Quick Civics Lessons for the Naturalization Test handbook to ready yourself for the test just in case they forget to hand it to you.

Hi jayoa,

Thanks for the tip about getting FP done quickly. I was wondering where did you get the Learn About the US Quick Civics Lessons for the Naturalization Test Handbook?
Thank you,

Hi jayoa,

Thanks for the tip about getting FP done quickly. I was wondering where did you get the Learn About the US Quick Civics Lessons for the Naturalization Test Handbook?
Thank you,

They handed it to me after the fingerprintning, although I was about to ask for it if they forgot. It is online too if you can print it out; http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-638_red.pdf
...also go to the top right side of this link to find more resources including audio version(s); http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=dd7ffe9dd4aa3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

I have a Question

to the interview do i have to take only the passports after I got the GC or the ones I had before, because I have a old Passport, I'm not sure if i'm going to need, if I do I have to start looking for...

Thanks

I have a Question

to the interview do i have to take only the passports after I got the GC or the ones I had before, because I have a old Passport, I'm not sure if i'm going to need, if I do I have to start looking for...

Thanks

Nobody asks you for a passport or passport photographs at the fingerprinting appointment. They only ask to see your green card.

But i'm not talking about FP i already did my I'm talking about the Interview

Sorry, I must have been thinking of FP for some reason. I have not gotten to the interview stage so I can't say for sure. However, I will bring everything I ever possess related to immigration (including any passports you can find, old or new, they don't care, even if its old it holds the proof of your entry visa) and any civil and criminal documents (dispositions, etc) related to you.

Next Oath ceremony in Boston, MA

Does anyone know when is the next Oath ceremony in Boston, MA?
Are there a fixed number of oaths and dates in an year when the ceremony can take place?

I had sent in my application on July 22nd to the Dallas location. It's almost been 2 weeks and I still haven't received any letter yet saying they received my application. I sent it via USPS priority flat rate.

Also I had forgotten to write my A Number on the back of the money order I had sent. Is this going to cause any problems? Please advise.

Thanks

I had sent in my application on July 22nd to the Dallas location. It's almost been 2 weeks and I still haven't received any letter yet saying they received my application. I sent it via USPS priority flat rate.

Also I had forgotten to write my A Number on the back of the money order I had sent. Is this going to cause any problems? Please advise.

Thanks

It may or may not cause a problem, check your account to see if/when they cash the check. But what I will say you should try tracking it if you have a tracking number for the mail, otherwise there is really no way to know anything just yet since you do not have the first letter where your receipt number is, which is what you need to check any status. Perhaps there are other ways others here may know.

FP and Photo..Done. With the current time line, in about 4 weeks i should receive an interview letter scheduled for Oct 25th??

6pack
FP and Photo..Done. With the current time line, in about 4 weeks i should receive an interview letter scheduled for Oct 25th?
Wow do you have a Crystal Ball hiding somewhere , Good i hope you get the date your are hoping for.
One suggestion could you please create a signature so we can see your time line.