7/6/2010 - Application packet received
??/??/?? - Check cashed

N-400 acknowledged

7-1-10- sent n-400 by priority mail for wife to TX; Newark- local office
7-13-10- email acknowledgement and check cashed

Arjun

Last edited by a moderator:
Update for 7/19/2010
Please note that I found the priority date and notice date were found on the I797C notice that I received in the mail

Applying after 5 years
I'm in Miami

07/08/10 (Day 0) N-400 Mailed application USPS express mail Lewisville, Texas
07/09/10 (Day 1)N-400 forward to another zip-code
07/11/10 (Day 3) Package delivered ( on sunday first time I see this)
07/12/10 (Day 4) Priority Date
07/16/10 (Day 8)Notice Date
07/19/10 (Day 11)check cashed
07/22/10 (Day 14)notice rvcd

USCIS service center - Phoenix, AZ
Local District Office -Detroit, MI
7/9/2010 - Application packet sent
7/12/2010 - Application packet received

mailed my docs to Lewisville, TX today. I've been postponing since 1 month...finally got it done.

This question is to those guys who received e-mails or SMS - did you register/checked any option to receive SMS? I applied on 10 Jul and checks were cashed on 20th but never received any confirmation in mail/SMS. I won't expect e-mail since I didn't provide any. But wondering how are you guys getting SMS?

greeka:

If you have attached a G1145 form (only available when u send it to lockbox address), USCIS sends you a SMS and email on receipt of the appln along with the Case #. If your check is cashed, they should have received ur application and they will mail you a I797C where the same Case # can be found. With the case #, you can create an a/c on the USCIS webpage for automatic status update on your case via email and /or sms. With this, you will get step step email and/or sms notification abt your case update. Hope this helps

This question is to those guys who received e-mails or SMS - did you register/checked any option to receive SMS? I applied on 10 Jul and checks were cashed on 20th but never received any confirmation in mail/SMS. I won't expect e-mail since I didn't provide any. But wondering how are you guys getting SMS?

they probably sent a E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (G-1145) with the N-400 application

Aah, okay! Thanks dilbert30 and floridaFL. I didn't know about G-1145 till I read your post. I will register for status update once I get I797C.

greeka,
Some ppl have talked abt looking at the back of the canceled check for a case #. If you see a NBC* number on the back of ur check, it may be ur case #