July n-400

interview tomorrow at noon. Will post the update after coming back home but have a question....I was ticketed twice on a long trip from TX to OR. I took defensive driving test and was able to get it off the record and for the other citation, i paid the fine. Am i supposed to take any proof or any document for the two citations i was given ?

interview tomorrow at noon. Will post the update after coming back home but have a question....I was ticketed twice on a long trip from TX to OR. I took defensive driving test and was able to get it off the record and for the other citation, i paid the fine. Am i supposed to take any proof or any document for the two citations i was given ?

Ok...if anyone interested or in the dilemma. USCIS updated their procedures on citations. It's not necessary to bring any documentation or evidence or proof if your citation is a traffic violation where there was no arrest or prison time. At the most a driving history is good enough...just FYI..alright off to interview in an hour. Hope they have an on site Oath today. Will write my experience after coming back

In which local office are your guys interview's? I applied on 7/28/2010 and yet have not gotten an interview letter.

Alright folks here is my update. My case is approved but the Oath is on a different day which is = to another day off. Anyways in a nut shell my overall experience is extremely pleasant. The officers were very courteous and communicated ahead what their process is. The interview is a 3 step process where i waited in the Naturalization section of the floor after dropping the interview letter in the tray. The floor is filled with ton of people. Just when i thought it was a bad day for an interview, officers came out of the door and called couple of folks names and handed further instruction on their Oath.

After about 15 mins, i was called-in and the office explained i will be tested on the civics and English which only took about 7 mins!!. She asked my DL and GC. I have it in my pocket readily and gave it to her. The officer asked me 6 questions and answered em all. She didn't ask anymore questions after that. My last question was how many senators we have in US and i told her 100...2 for each state. She asked me to write the same and i wrote it on piece of paper. That's it and she told me, you passed and moving to next level.

Here comes the big wait, after 30 min wait time my name was called. The officer introduced himself and explained the process. He took me to the office and asked if i want water or use restroom, told him i am fine. Then he picked the bundle which is right next to him on the table. Looked few things and asked all the question that are already answered on N-400, Gave all my answers and he's marking every single one respectively and correct!!!.

He stopped at the question where i checked i was arrested/cited. I told him i was ticketed twice on a traffic violation and told him i have DL records printout if he would like to see. He politely mentioned it's alright, he just need to make sure i wasn't arrested.

He didn't look any of the evidence or proof or supporting docs that i took with me for the interview. I mentioned to him twice that i have IRS tax filing transcript for last 4 years and other docs that if he wanted to look at it. He mentioned he's got everything he need and he's going to approve it. At this point gave my pp and GC back and told me the Oath is on Nov 17 and asked me if that date works ok? Told him that works fine and he took my file to another room and came back with a print out that show's my case is approved.

He showed me the door back to the waiting room and told me to wait on further instruction for the Oath ceremony. Now about 17 min's wait time. Another officer came out and handed out a printouts about the time, location...etc details about the Oath. Total time spent is 1hr 25 mins including the wait time. Not bad given that many folks waiting outside.

And btw my local office is Houston, TX...fire-up any questions you may have and good luck folks

Alright folks here is my update. My case is approved but the Oath is on a different day which is = to another day off. Anyways in a nut shell my overall experience is extremely pleasant. The officers were very courteous and communicated ahead what their process is. The interview is a 3 step process where i waited in the Naturalization section of the floor after dropping the interview letter in the tray. The floor is filled with ton of people. Just when i thought it was a bad day for an interview, officers came out of the door and called couple of folks names and handed further instruction on their Oath.

After about 15 mins, i was called-in and the office explained i will be tested on the civics and English which only took about 7 mins!!. She asked my DL and GC. I have it in my pocket readily and gave it to her. The officer asked me 6 questions and answered em all. She didn't ask anymore questions after that. My last question was how many senators we have in US and i told her 100...2 for each state. She asked me to write the same and i wrote it on piece of paper. That's it and she told me, you passed and moving to next level.

Here comes the big wait, after 30 min wait time my name was called. The officer introduced himself and explained the process. He took me to the office and asked if i want water or use restroom, told him i am fine. Then he picked the bundle which is right next to him on the table. Looked few things and asked all the question that are already answered on N-400, Gave all my answers and he's marking every single one respectively and correct!!!.

He stopped at the question where i checked i was arrested/cited. I told him i was ticketed twice on a traffic violation and told him i have DL records printout if he would like to see. He politely mentioned it's alright, he just need to make sure i wasn't arrested.

He didn't look any of the evidence or proof or supporting docs that i took with me for the interview. I mentioned to him twice that i have IRS tax filing transcript for last 4 years and other docs that if he wanted to look at it. He mentioned he's got everything he need and he's going to approve it. At this point gave my pp and GC back and told me the Oath is on Nov 17 and asked me if that date works ok? Told him that works fine and he took my file to another room and came back with a print out that show's my case is approved.

He showed me the door back to the waiting room and told me to wait on further instruction for the Oath ceremony. Now about 17 min's wait time. Another officer came out and handed out a printouts about the time, location...etc details about the Oath. Total time spent is 1hr 25 mins including the wait time. Not bad given that many folks waiting outside.

And btw my local office is Houston, TX...fire-up any questions you may have and good luck folks

Congratulations for passing the interview and on to the last step of the your long fought immigration journey.

I have a question, did you apply for a name change?

Thanks xxhwx and good luck. I see your interview is coming in about week. And to answer your question, no name change. Why would you ask any way ?

Thanks xxhwx and good luck. I see your interview is coming in about week. And to answer your question, no name change. Why would you ask any way ?

cause I am doing one and wonder if they will/can tell me which date to go to the court for the oath immediately after my application is approved.

cause I am doing one and wonder if they will/can tell me which date to go to the court for the oath immediately after my application is approved.

Well you got lucky :). You don't need to go to court for your name change. On your Oath day, there will be a judge on site and the immigration office will take care of it for you. The certificate will be on your new changed name.

Well you got lucky :). You don't need to go to court for your name change. On your Oath day, there will be a judge on site and the immigration office will take care of it for you. The certificate will be on your new changed name.

OH, for real? Is that how they handle name change applications now? to have a federal judge on site (USCIS office?) to administrate the oath instead of going through the court?

I had my interview this morning at San Antonio office. LPR since Oct 2002.
It was scheduled for 9am. Showed up at 8:30 wait till 9:15. Was called by the lady, we took an elevator on 4th flour. Then she asked me to wait in a lobby for few minutes. After we entered her room, she told me to sit down and asked for my GC. It stayed at the table in the envelope till the end of the interview.

Then she asked me to raise my hand and swear that everything is correct. I remain in the chair all the time. We went through an application, she asked about my ex wife, etc. Asked me to show my passports but didn’t really pay attention to them. Just briefly took a glance. There are a bunch of stamps from all over the world and there is no way someone could get an idea what’s going on in 3-5 seconds. I signed my application, put name on the photo. Written test – “Washington was the first president”. Then 6 questions from the civics – all correct. After that we just chat for a while. I was given N 652 with A) section marked – Your application has been recommended for approval.

Also IO told me that Oath will be in mid November, which I refuse and ask to move it to December since I will be out of the city till Dec 1st. She put a piece of paper on the top of my folder with words Hold till Dec 1st. That was a bit confusing. So far as I know that anything with USCIS that’s a bit off standard procedure may grow to a huge pain in butt to fix. It happened when they lost my photos for GC back in 2002 and nobody called me of informed me that they are missing. I was waiting for my CG 6 months instead of 3 weeks.

Anyway, lady told me not to worry about that.
That’s pretty much it. I was out of the building around 10am.

(Hi I had my interview Yesterday
everythign went well, took like 15 min(may be less)
he ask me to swear before We started, after that asked for my GC and passport, then asked all the question on my application, and told me to sign in front of the pictures (sent with the application) with pen. He was holding 3 pages that he had print out
Than he ask me to read -Why People Come to America-from one page
than Write -Washington was the first president- on other page
than ask from the third page
1- how Many Amendments does the constitution have?
2-Who Makes federal Laws?
3-what are 2 cabinet level position?
4- what is the highest court in the US?
5 - what is one power of the federal govermment?
6- What Territory did the US buy from france in the 1803?

Because all answer was right she stop asking, and told me congratulations you are aprove
I think because was late afternoon they did not give me the oath letter because when I got there I saw some people getting the Oath Letter, Now I'm wating for my

07/08/10 (Day 0) N-400 Mailed application USPS express mail Lewisville, Texas
07/09/10 (Day 1)N-400 forward to another zip-code
07/11/10 (Day 3) Package delivered ( on sunday first time I see this)
07/12/10 (Day 4) Priority Date
07/16/10 (Day 8)Notice Date
07/19/10 (Day 11)check cashed
07/22/10 (Day 14)notice of Action rvcd
07/26/10 (Day 18) Request for Additional Evidence Sent
07/27/10 (Day 19) rvcd email/sms
07/30/10 (Day 22) rcvd FP letter
08/02/10 (Day 25) FP Done early (Walk in- Oakland Park, Florida)
08/30/10 (Day 53) FP (original date)
09/20/10 (Day 74) rcvd YL (Passport and ID)
09/22/10 (Day 75) Transferred to a local office
09/27/10 (Day 81) rcvd IL
11/02/10 (Day 117) Interview Date (done)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Experience

I had my interview yesterday at Detroit office. My Interview was scheduled at 8 AM, showed up at 7:30. I was called by the lady IO at 7:36. After we entered her room, she asked me to raise my hand and take an oath and told me to sit down and asked for my GC and Passport. She has asked couple of questions from my application like SSN#, Phone#, Address etc. I signed my application, put name on the photo.
Reading Test - California has largest population in the United States.
Written Test – New York City was the first capital.
Then 6 questions from the civics
1. Who was in charge of the Executive Branch?
2. Why Colonist came to America?
3. There are 4 amendments about who can vote, name one?
4. When president is no longer president who will be the president?
5. During cold war what is the main concern for United States?
6. Who was in the United States before Europeans arrive?
She stopped asking question and told me congratulations your case is approved.
My Oath date is on November 18th.

USCIS service center - Phoenix, AZ
Local District Office -Detroit, MI
7/9/2010 - Application packet sent
7/12/2010 - Application packet received
09/02/2010 - FP Completed.
09/20/2010 - YL Received
09/30/2010 - Case Transferred to Local Office
10/01/2010 - Interview Letter Received
11/09/2010 - Interview was completed.
11/18/2010 - Oath Date

CBlinx + Sp Under 5-yr rule, Diversity Visa GC....
DO: Raleigh-Durham, NC
PR since Sept 2005

Interview experience

Durham, NC Local Office
1. Arrived 15 min earlier. Got called 10 min after original interview time.
2. A very professional IO asked to follow him to a cubicle. I was asked to raise my hand and take an oath and was told to sit down and hand over my GC.
3. I was asked several questions from N-400 such as current address, any change in marrital status, trips outside the US...etc. My answers were corroborated.

Reading Test - Who was Abraham Linclon?
Written Test – Abraham Lincoln was the president of the United States during the Civil War.
Civics:
1. What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
2. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
3. We elect a President for how many years?
4. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
5. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
6. Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.

Then, I was asked to (1) sign the pictures on the front side and (2) double check my personal data in a sheet that will be used to fill out the Certificate of Naturalization.

At the end he said "you're set. Please, go to the waiting room and wait for your name to be called". A lady called several of us and handed over the Oath Letters explaining how the back of it should be filled out and signed on the Oath Day and that we must bring our GCs.

A great experience :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
07/29/2010 (Day 1) USPS Express mail to Lewisville, TX 75067 (It should not be sent this way since it's a USPS. I realized the mistake later. I was worried for a while but after reading this forum, I cooled down )
07/30/2010 (Day 2) Forwarded to Dallas 75266 (Lockbox)
08/01/2010 (Day 4) Application Received (Delivered and delivery signed on Sunday night! Wow! that is efficiency.)
08/02/2010 (Day 5) Priority Date
08/05/2010 (Day 7) Money Order Cleared (Cahsed)
08/09/2010 (Day 11) NOA rec'd
08/11/2010 (Day 13) RFE Date
08/13/2010 (Day 15) RFE Email received
08/16/2010 (Day 18) FP Notice Rec'd
08/25/2010 (Day 27) FP Done & Photos taken
10/07/2010 (Day 70) Case trasferred to Local Office
10/09/2010 (Day 72) Interview Notice recv'd
11/10/2010 (Day 102) Interview Date
11/10/2010 (Day 102) OL handed over right after Interview
12/10/2010 (Day 132) Oath Date :) :) :)
12/29/2010 : Passport Application
01/08/2011 : Passport Received

Then, I was asked to (1) sign the pictures on the front side and (2) double check my personal data in a sheet that will be used to fill out the Certificate of Naturalization.
Congratuations..thanks for sharing.

Did they make you sign your own picture or the ones they took at FP?

Did they make you sign your own picture or the ones they took at FP?

Thanks.
I signed the 2 pictures (2"x2") that I have sent with N-400 application. It was strange, this is the first time I sign pictures in the front side right beside my face!

About two months after receiving the YL, I just got a text and email yesterday about my case being transfered to the local office. I guess I should expect an interview letter pretty soon.

About two months after receiving the YL, I just got a text and email yesterday about my case being transfered to the local office. I guess I should expect an interview letter pretty soon.

Congratulations on your case transfer. This gives all of DC July filers some hope that cases are being looked at.

Yes, your interview letter will arrive soon. Please update the Washington DC timeline thread too.

This is good news for us in D.C DO. As N400Guy says, update the DC thread please with your timeline. Were are in the same boat, our DO is one of the slowest in the nation

Thanx for the congrats, I hope we all attain what we applied for. I just did, I was not even expecting to hear anything because I just wasn't concerned about it. When my cell phone lit up with a new text I was like "who/what is this?" "Case status"?. Not until I saw the link to their website that I realized it was from USCIS. Its just the best way to deal with them, apply, get your docs ready, and forget about them so you don't go crazy in anticipation each day. Updates will come when they come. I learnt this from my greencard application that took them 2yrs to deliver.