July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

I-131 Approved Finally

Trini,
Please update as per my signature and also this is for my mother. DO is Dallas. Gotta admit, I care less for the procesing for I-485. Mother has a trip planned for Nov end and we were getting a little tense.
And for RFE, they are usually very quick, in our case they updated it on the web site the very next day they received it

Last edited by a moderator:
No update on my I485 from September 28. I am very nervous. It is my sister's wedding in April, and I do not want to miss it. I have not seen my family for 4 years!

I485, I765, I130 already approved a year ago
married to us citizen, Houston TX, application sent to Chicago

July 24 - application mailed
August 24 - Notice of action for both applications
September 4 - Fingerprints notice
September 18 - Fingerprints taken code 3
September 24 - Request for additional documents for Support of Affidavit
September 25 - additional documents sent
September 28 - I485 application resumed
October 16 - EAD card production ordered LUD
October 19 - EAD card production ordered LUD ???????????????
October 22 - LUD for EAD
October 25 - EAD aproval in mail
October 26 - LUD for EAD
October 27 - EAD card recieved!

Waiting for IL.

Remember I told you guys my mail for the I765 was return to USCIS Non-Delivery on 10/23/07. I called that same day because fo the LUD. Well today I received the usual letter after the you talk to customer service about the phone call you had with them. In the letter their is a section that say :

Type of service requested: Non-Delivery of Denial Notice.

The letter go on to say:

On October 27, 07, we approved your case and an approual notice was sent to the address we have on file. Your EAD card is in production as of 10-27-07. If you have not recived the notice, and you want an official duplicate for your records, you will need to file a Form I-824 Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition. You can download this form by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov

Now, I'm wondering how you can have a denial and approval in the same letter. So I called and the level 1 CS lady said it could be a typo on their part.

Remember I told you guys my mail for the I765 was return to USCIS Non-Delivery on 10/23/07. I called that same day because fo the LUD. Well today I received the usual letter after the you talk to customer service about the phone call you had with them. In the letter their is a section that say :

Type of service requested: Non-Delivery of Denial Notice.

The letter go on to say:

On October 27, 07, we approved your case and an approual notice was sent to the address we have on file. Your EAD card is in production as of 10-27-07. If you have not recived the notice, and you want an official duplicate for your records, you will need to file a Form I-824 Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition. You can download this form by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov

Now, I'm wondering how you can have a denial and approval in the same letter. So I called and the level 1 CS lady said it could be a typo on their part.

This is crazy. I am not surprised someone wanted to sue USCIS. Its as if the take delight in making live misserable. Such a letter can give you a heart attack! huh......I really dont know whatz up with them.

Well the good news is it was aprroved.:D

Trinigirl, please update

I received the interview letter in the mail with the scheduled interview for 1/08 which is almost a month later than I've seen other people got their interviews scheduled for.
As far as the I-765, I got another LUD on 10/31 saying now that card production ordered on 10/31 after it already said that the production of the card was ordered on 10/27. And then on 11/1 I got another but it didn't say anything new- same message.
Hopefully I'll get the "approval sent" message soon- I already went to re-apply for my job and started the re-hiring process so I can start as soon as I receive the card in the mail :D

Forgot to say that I haven't had any updates on my I-485 on the computer since 10/22 when they said my case was resumed on 10/19. Did you guys get updates on I-485 before you got the IL?

In my husband's case, when he was applying for removing the conditional status from his green card after 2 years marriage, he was waiting for long time after filling for any reply. Then he call INS and they told him that his case was dinied! And in 30 days he got a letter according to the phone call saying that the case was dinied. It was very crazy! You can imagine how he was feeling. But in a week after the dinieing letter he got another letter with his new green card valid for 10 years. Here you can see how unexpected INS can be.

Updating my timeline

Hi All,

i'm happy to share that I have just received my EAD today!:)
I didn't expect it at all because I haven't received the approval yet in my e-mail nor any update. Nevertheless, this is a good surprise! I got it in the mail at around 3:30 pm and I immediately went to the nearest DMV office to renew my DL. To my dismay, the DMV officer did not allow it requiring me to secure the SS number first. This must be a new ruling since last time I went there they were only looking for any document with expiration date on it.
Oh well, tomorrow I will go to the SS office. will keep you guys posted.

Day 1 Aug 14th : Mailed I-485 package to Chicago Lockbox
Day 2 Aug 15th: Received by Chicago Lockbox
Day 30 Sept 12th: NOA indicating Receipt Date mailed by USCIS
Day 35 Sept 17th: Retrieved from mail box
Day 43 Sept 25th: NOA for Biometric appt mailed by USCIS
Day 49 Oct 1st: Retrieved from mail box
Day 61 Oct 13th: Biometric appointment done today
Day 63 Oct 15th: NOA for Interview appt retrieved from mail box
Day 71 Oct 23rd: LUD, I-131 approved, I-765 card production ordered
Day 78 Oct 30th: AP on hand
Day 84 Nov 5th: EAD on hand

Day 108th: Nov 29th, Schedule for Interview

EAD Approval...

Just got my EAD approval update in my web portfolio. I never received any emails from CRIS for this or for the card production message either.

Do you know where they send the card from? Just being curious here. Was wondering if my EAD is being processed at CSC or NBC. Another question I have is about the processing of I130 and I485. I understand at some point in the process, they are supposed to transfer your files to the local office. Is there any way to know whether they have been transferred or not? I heard about a few cases where they got to the interview and were told that they would have to reschedule their interviews because their files were yet to be transferred to the local office. Both cases I heard, happened at the San Jose local office. I was wondering if there was a way to track this or are there any indicators one should look out for?

LUD within 1 hr of FP

Completed code 3 FP today for 485 and 765 and saw LUD online within an hour. No approval notice yet like some of you have seen though....crossing my fingers