July 2005 AOR..buffalo timeline...

Hi all!

oh boy...more replies and no notification! i have emailed the webmaster and was told that they recently have changed the IP addresses of their servers which could have caused this "notification" problem and that they will look into it.

so far no news...anyone?

thanks for the add'l info Cyprus97. I have updated the list. oh yes, i do go to other forums. :D BTW, where does it state that the new rules went into effect Sept 2005? all along i thought that they (FBI/state clearances) needed to be submitted along with the initial application. Never knew that IELTS was required. :confused: Weren't we given a choice between taking the test and submitting a written evidence of English proficiency? do you mind giving us the link?

2 1/2 more weeks and it'll be 1 year from when I applied...no transfer...no IA...no email... :( i really hope that we'll hear good news soon!

Medicals

Hi zad886

Here is some more info on my case, we did our medicals for me,myspouse and my son on June 12th and waiting for FBI,PCC(India), and some statements from banks as proof of funds(those are the add'l docs they requested along with my 2005 w2). I think FBI report is the one that is going to take longest time :( , Hope to get everything by August 2nd week

Regards

Hi all,

A link or more information would be appreciated.

According to the Guide for Skilled Workers Immigration (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf), updated May 2006, the language test is optional.

Buffalo specific form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf), updated December 2004, mentions: 'Do not request a
police certificate from Hong Kong or Canada until you are instructed to do so by a visa office.' As for US...I'm not sure.

Maybe it's just a lawyer's scam... :confused:

Hi All,

No real exciting news, but we sent our change of address in. We sent it registered mail, and the address was changed on e-CAS within 10 days of the confimation of delivery receipt. I supposed that means they are still aware of our file at least. It is almost a year for us now also; was really hoping things would start happening by now.

Happy aniversary to all :mad:

E-cas changed quickly for us, too, when we sent the change of address form. At least we know our files are still there...alive and kickin' ;)

Hi All!

yippee! email notifications are back...great work admin! :)

thanks for the update, whatalabor. have your tried calling FBI to check the status on your clearance? did you give them a deadline? they're pretty good with that. i called them before and politely inquired and told them that my deadline was in a week's time...eventhough they said they will try to do their best (my thoughts went...."oh no!!"), i received my clearance in a couple of days. here's the number if you don't have it. (304) 625-3878, or their main switchboard at (304) 625-2000.

hey G! thanks for the links...didn't know they had an updated guide. :) i really hope they don't change the passmark any time soon...before our IAs. if it went lower, great! but higher...?!?! :eek:

hoping for the same thing, tracy! wish we'd hear something soon...and please let it be good news!!!

is it ok to open FBI envelop

zad886 said:
Hi All!

yippee! email notifications are back...great work admin! :)

thanks for the update, whatalabor. have your tried calling FBI to check the status on your clearance? did you give them a deadline? they're pretty good with that. i called them before and politely inquired and told them that my deadline was in a week's time...eventhough they said they will try to do their best (my thoughts went...."oh no!!"), i received my clearance in a couple of days. here's the number if you don't have it. (304) 625-3878, or their main switchboard at (304) 625-2000.

hey G! thanks for the links...didn't know they had an updated guide. :) i really hope they don't change the passmark any time soon...before our IAs. if it went lower, great! but higher...?!?! :eek:

hoping for the same thing, tracy! wish we'd hear something soon...and please let it be good news!!!

Zad886

Thanks for the advice, I put a deadline of 40 days (To be reasonable), and I received the FBI clearnce in 2 weeks. Now, is it OK to open the envelop and see what is written in there or is the right reserved only to a Canadian immigration officer. But if that is the case how would you know whether the finger print card had been accepted or not?. appreciate an answer folks.

Regards
WAL

Thak you Thomas

Thomas_Varghese said:
no problem in opening. I did the same thing and sent the fingerprints to consulate. No problem so far.

Thanks very much Thomas, I thought so. Moreover the envelope addressed me not the consular offiicer. Thank you for your input

Regards

WAL

Hi Everyone!

Haven't been online lately. I did receive something from Buffalo last week...though not the long awaited IA. :( I got my refund for the ROLF which i paid together with my application. I'm thinking, could this mean that they have started "looking" into my application??? I hope so...been over a year since i mailed it out.

hey WAL! i, too, did the same thing. i opened the brown envelope to make a photocopy for my files before mailing it out to Buffalo. :)

Please update your list

zad886 said:
Hi Everyone!

Haven't been online lately. I did receive something from Buffalo last week...though not the long awaited IA. :( I got my refund for the ROLF which i paid together with my application. I'm thinking, could this mean that they have started "looking" into my application??? I hope so...been over a year since i mailed it out.

hey WAL! i, too, did the same thing. i opened the brown envelope to make a photocopy for my files before mailing it out to Buffalo. :)

Hi zad886

Good to have you back. Please update your list, My FBI,PCC are in July 06, Medicals-- June 06 and Add'l Docs sent -- July 06

Regards

Thanks WAL! I've updated the list! Boy, you're very close to the end of this waiting game. I'm happy for you! :)

Thank you Zad886

zad886 said:
Thanks WAL! I've updated the list! Boy, you're very close to the end of this waiting game. I'm happy for you! :)

Thank you ZAD886.

Your suggestion was very valuable in getting FBI FP, It really worked. All thanks to you, especially when the US GC process is up in the air(The extraordinary ability of our company immigration attorney messed it up :mad: ). Now I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting. Next would be all June/July applications so your time is coming up.

Regards

WAL

Last edited by a moderator:
Status

Applied to buffalo: June 2005 (I was in Canada then)

Application file returned as it is (incomplete for some strange reason): June 2005

Application re-submitted-June end 2005

AOR-July 13th 2005

Request for IELTS-20th July 2005

IELTS submitted-October 2005

End of June 2006-File transferred from Buffalo to Seattle... (I am in US now)

Is there anyone out here whose file has been transferred from buffalo to seattle?

The wait continues... :)

Cheers,

Kupps

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome mamun93 and kupps!

I have added both of you to our list. Would you mind giving us a more detailed info about you and your app based on the list? (link below my name) Thanks!

hopefully we would hear from Buffalo soon just like kupps had! :) honestly, sometimes i feel like withdrawing my application. :(