July 2005 AOR..buffalo timeline...

After Medicals....What next????

Hi all-
I submitted FBI and PCC and attended medicals. Could you please tell me what next after this....

Thanks

hi mystatus123!
though none of us have gotten to the point where you're at, no IAs yet, the next step after medicals and add'l docs should be passport request...but that depends whether or not you have cleared background/security checks. (this is from what i've read in other threads/forums). hope this helps.

do you mind sharing your timeline with us? thanks!

Timeline

hi Zad886-
Thanks for information. My time line is
Applied- Oct 2004
AOR - March 2005
IA - Feb 2005
Medicals - March 2005
Sent Docs - May 2006

emailed Buffalo...

Hi all!

I just sent an email to Buffalo and just a few seconds later i received a response...an automated response though which says:
Thank you for your message, which will be forwarded to the appropriate division at Headquarters or Missions abroad.
I wonder if everyone receives this same message. Anyway, a couple of minutes later, I get another reply from CIC...this time to respond to my anti-spam email...though nothing was written, it lets me know that there is a "live" person who read through my email. I say this because a response to my anti-spam email needs human intervention. I just hope they do reply and hopefully it will be good news...wishful thinking!!!

mystatus123: thanks for posting your timeline. here's a thread for march 2005 AORs. http://www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9806

Hi all!

I received a reply from Buffalo today. I've sent them personal information updates on three separate occasions and they have confirmed receipt of the last 2 that i sent. They are asking me to forward the first document i sent them. I'm glad I emailed them because if i didn't, I wouldn't have known that they did not receive it. I have a certified return receipt that shows that they received it last year...i guess, having proof of delivery does not mean anything if they lose your documents. :(

I forwarded them a copy of the letter together with the supporting document through email. I'm wondering if that will suffice or if I should send them a hard copy by post?

zad886 said:
Hi all!

I received a reply from Buffalo today. I've sent them personal information updates on three separate occasions and they have confirmed receipt of the last 2 that i sent. They are asking me to forward the first document i sent them. I'm glad I emailed them because if i didn't, I wouldn't have known that they did not receive it. I have a certified return receipt that shows that they received it last year...i guess, having proof of delivery does not mean anything if they lose your documents. :(

I forwarded them a copy of the letter together with the supporting document through email. I'm wondering if that will suffice or if I should send them a hard copy by post?

Dear All

I do not know whether I should post this here. My AOR is March 2005, they requested ielts on sept 2005 and submitted in oct 2005. My file is in buffalo and still waiting. I am from LA area,California, origin is Indian and who ever is maintaining that tracker could put my info in , in that way we will have an idea about the processing. I emailed buffalo and they replied syaing that my file is in queue for IA.

Regards

Tracy
Thanks for your reply! I was really leaning towards sending them a hard copy by post. But Buffalo replied to my email early this morning and said that they have attached the document to my file. Don't want to overdo it for fear that I might piss them off! :D I'm glad they confirmed receipt and accepted an email attachment of the requested document. :)
WhatALabor
sure, no problem! when did you initially apply? are you single? was your file ever transferred to a different location? did you submit your PCC and FBI clearances? if you did, when was it? (hope you don't mind the questions, just trying to complete the list ;) )

not a problem

zad886 said:
Tracy
Thanks for your reply! I was really leaning towards sending them a hard copy by post. But Buffalo replied to my email early this morning and said that they have attached the document to my file. Don't want to overdo it for fear that I might piss them off! :D I'm glad they confirmed receipt and accepted an email attachment of the requested document. :)
WhatALabor
sure, no problem! when did you initially apply? are you single? was your file ever transferred to a different location? did you submit your PCC and FBI clearances? if you did, when was it? (hope you don't mind the questions, just trying to complete the list ;) )

thank you zad886

I applied in Feb 2005
AOR march 2005
IELTS Req Sept 2005
IELTS Sub Oct 2005
Waiting

I am not single , but my wife and my son are not accompanying me at this time, but filed all of their details

I thought my file was transferred to LA,California, but it is not!. It is still with bBuffalo , NY

PCC,FBI clearnace not submitted yet

Hope that answers all of your question

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!

Zad: I am surprised that they responded so promptly with your email. Great news...hopefully things will start moving for you soon. Here's a question:

My fiance has moved to another part of the city. From what I can tell, you can only change your address online if you are in Canada. If you are outside of Canada, they direct you to the nearest CIC office. Any advice/experience about how or how not to go about it? This may seem a trivial question, but it only takes something little to mess things up big. Comments anyone?

Hi Tracy!
I was surprised too that they were so prompt in responding! :D Now I know that they have all of the documents I've mailed out to them. The only thing is they never mentioned anything about my status...no updates...and i did ask them for an update, if possible. :( oh well...at least they replied!
As for updating your fiance's address, he will have to fill out the "changes in personal information" form (which is on the backside of the AOR). make a photocopy of this form, fill it out, and mail it to Buffalo with proof of delivery. You have the option to fax it to them but I always choose to mail it so I can get a delivery confirmation with Buffalo's stamp and date received written on it. :) do make sure that he has his name, date of birth, and file# stated on any and all documents that he sends to Buffalo. hope this helps.

Hi WhatALabor!
I've updated your timeline. Just curious, have you applied for you PCC and FBI clearances? they do take a long time to process. I would suggest that you apply for it soon so you can have it handy when you get your IA to avoid further delays. What do you think guys? G, any comments? since you haven't submitted yours either. :D
how did you know that your file is still in buffalo? did you write to them? do you mind letting us know what you asked them for them to tell you that your file is with them (Buffalo)?

zad886 said:
Hi Tracy!
I was surprised too that they were so prompt in responding! :D Now I know that they have all of the documents I've mailed out to them. The only thing is they never mentioned anything about my status...no updates...and i did ask them for an update, if possible. :( oh well...at least they replied!
As for updating your fiance's address, he will have to fill out the "changes in personal information" form (which is on the backside of the AOR). make a photocopy of this form, fill it out, and mail it to Buffalo with proof of delivery. You have the option to fax it to them but I always choose to mail it so I can get a delivery confirmation with Buffalo's stamp and date received written on it. :) do make sure that he has his name, date of birth, and file# stated on any and all documents that he sends to Buffalo. hope this helps.

Hi WhatALabor!
I've updated your timeline. Just curious, have you applied for you PCC and FBI clearances? they do take a long time to process. I would suggest that you apply for it soon so you can have it handy when you get your IA to avoid further delays. What do you think guys? G, any comments? since you haven't submitted yours either. :D
how did you know that your file is still in buffalo? did you write to them? do you mind letting us know what you asked them for them to tell you that your file is with them (Buffalo)?

Hi zad886

I wanted to get the FBI clearance certificate. But the lawer I filed my PR application through, told me that the certificate is not valid after 3 months if I am still in US. So they adviced me to wait as the time line of initial assessment is not known. However I applied for CAIPS notes and want to see when my BFD is and then move accordingly.. I e-mailed LA consulate to check whether my file was there they told me that they did nopt have my file so I e-mailed buffalo with the informations we put in e-cient status and then they replied with the status.

Hope this info is good for you

Regards

The FBI clearance has a validity of 6 months from when it gets processed. I don't understand why your lawyer is saying that it is only valid for 3 months?!? and what is the connection if you are still in the US? :confused: i'm curious. As for the CAIPS notes, others don't recommend requesting for one before receiving your IA since it won't contain much information.
I have requested for an update on my application but Buffalo never mentioned anything except confirming receipt of the 3 documents I mailed out to them. Hopefully you get your IA soon! :)

zad886 said:
The FBI clearance has a validity of 6 months from when it gets processed. I don't understand why your lawyer is saying that it is only valid for 3 months?!? and what is the connection if you are still in the US? :confused: i'm curious. As for the CAIPS notes, others don't recommend requesting for one before receiving your IA since it won't contain much information.
I have requested for an update on my application but Buffalo never mentioned anything except confirming receipt of the 3 documents I mailed out to them. Hopefully you get your IA soon! :)

Hi zad886

My apologies, the FBI report is valid for 6 months. About the connection with US is that, any one could involve with a criminal case at any time, which will reflect in the records, so that is why the validity is 6 months if you are still in US.

As far as IA is concerned when I last checked begining of this month with my lawer, Buffalo was processing Dec 2004 cases so I think it will be another 2-3 months considering the fact that number of cases have been transfered to different consulates.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
-Tracy- said:
What?!? Only processing Dec 2004?! I think I'm gonna cry...

Hi -Tracy-

No do not be worried. From what I heard, They are in the process of eliminating the backlogs so they transfered Part of Dec 2004,Jan 2005,Feb 2005 and Mar 2005 Applications to other consulates in US. so once they process Dec 2004, then it will speed things up.

Regards

Thanks WhatALabor,
That makes me feel a little better. There is so much contradicting information out there. I just wish we would hear something!