January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

gc_hopeful2000 - I just got the sailing permit

It takes 10mins if you have the time to drive up to your local IRS.
They need the passport, tickets, IT returns.

I am not sure if this permit is required but am just taking it as a \'never know what I might be asked for\' case.

For Superman

I am on the same flight as you superman. I have booked in President but I dont know if it is good or not. Have you made any arrangements to go from Chennai Airport to the Hotel. With 4 pieces of Luggage I am worried that my stuff wont fit in one Ambassador Taxi. Anyway please write to me directly at orumathiri@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Saj

If Appointment letter is missing,

Also print the Interview Schedule with your case number on the chennai website. Most everybody I know got through the security and medicals with that print out.

Bank letter is not required if you have last 3 mos. bank statements.

Does not hurt to take one if you can. I am not taking one.

orumathiri, My dad is getting a SUMO.

Rental SUMOs are available at the most hotels. New Picnic Hotel charge Rs.900 for Airport pickup+drop. Ambassdor won\'t be enough for 4 bags.

Rajesh, My Dr. appointment is @ 5 p.m. on 1/23.

I will change it to AM on 1/23. Since I can do Lister on 1/22 A.M. Somebody who need it in the evening can use that appointment.

ABCD

On item 13 in DS230 pt 1. Or you can send an email to the consulate giving the local address, but they mess that up sometimes. I sent mine but they apparently still sent it to the US address.

No Title

My employer issued me the employment letter but the date on the letter is from December and is notarized in jan 2002. Can any one of you tell me if this is going to be a problem?

Also as far as Employer letter head is concerned what should the letter head have. My employer is a multi-national and has a well recognized symbol that is on the letter\'s left hand side in color that\'s all?

GC , could you clarify ?

When you say date on the letter is from Dec ? Do you mean the company person signed / issued the letter in december and it was notarized in jan ? I think that would be an issue as basically the notarization is to say the concerned person has signed that document in the presence of the notary (basically validating the signature and representation). But they probably don\'t look at it that closely :)

should not be a problem

Mine was notarized in October, and I had to get a newer letter in December. Attorney said that there is no need to get the newer letter notarized again.

GC, No Problem.

This would only mean that letter was typed in December and got signed/notorized in Jan. Letter date would not mean anything. Notorization date indicate that signed in Jan.
Company logo is fine as long as the name matches with the I-140 approval. If it has a different name they might ask for more info. Just make sure.

No Title

Superman,

My company has not changed names through out my GC process.

However on the employment letter the letter head has the company logo and company name but the address details (XXX street, XX state) are not present. Is that an issue?

Employment letter notarization

Hi,
   What do we need to notarize in the employment letter? I.e. is it acceptable if I take the employment letter signed by my company\'s HR to a notary public and get it notarized or should the HR personnel take the letter and get it notarized themselves?

Question regarding passport?

Hello Chennai Jan CPers,

After sending in my P3 to chennai in Oct 2001, I had to get my passport extended, the Indian Consulate issued a new passport with a new number. Now when I am appearing for Interview in Jan in my P4 which passport number should I use. Would it be aproblem if I use the New passport number as it doesn\'t match with the P3.

I have the old passport stapled to the new passport but with "CANCELLED" stamp on the pages.

Do you guys think it would be a problem and do I need to take any additional documentation to support my case.

regards and best of luck

Superman: re: Bank Statements

Why do we need to show the bank statements? I assume all of you guys are married, and maybe thats required as proof of support for your spouse?