January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

PCC not being insisted on even in Mumbai

Folks,

Looks like even Mumbai, who had said PCC is rqd are being lenient with this. So no worries !

Question on return to US after CP interview and stamping

Hello Gurus,

How many days do you have after the CP Interview and stamping to return to US. The reason I ask is I am planning for a 2-4wk trip after CP interview and before returning to US.

Did anyone receive Interview Letter(P4) in US. I have not provided Indian Address.

Thanks

CDevaro - Bank Letter

You don\'t really need to take Bank Letter. Although if you call your bank and ask for one, they will give it to you for a nominal fee. (Some banks give it free and some charge $10 to $20).

The bank letter (on a bank letter head) should basically have
1). Your name and addresss
2). Account opening date
3). Account Number
4). Current Balance
5). Average Balance for the past 12 months
6). Total deposits for the past 12 months.

superman and others - locations

I have heard that Dr. Vijayalakshmi\'s clinic is near Pachaiappa\'s college and that Konica photo studio is opposite to Chola Sheraton. Is it correct?
Is there anything notable near Lister which help to easily locate Lister?
Thanks!

Chennai CP interview on Jan 23rd, Packet IV not received, not reqd. also

I contacted the Customer Service of Chennai Consulate and they told me that they mailed my Packet IV (only appt. letter, rest need to be downloaded from their web site) on Dec 10th to my US address. I have not received it yet. They said that if I don\'t receive it, I can just print my interview schedule and take that with me. They also said that they don\'t need any PCC at this time and if anything changes, proper instructions will be posted on their web site and all applicants will be notified.

I have my interview on 23rd, if there are some more people having their interview on 23rd, we can probably co-ordinate.

Ajay Gannerkote

Anyone planning for marriage & CP at Chennai in same trip?

Hi,

Is anyone planning for marriage and & CP at Chennai in same trip?
I am in dilemma. Lawyer says, get married first and get the spouse on H4 visa and send spouse\'s P3 to consulate. He says he can request the interview to be rescheduled.

Please share if you have any information about how to go about this.

Thanks

Emp letter

Could you please advise me, who needs to sign on Emp Letter? I mean what needs to be the title of the person signing Emp Letter? (Is Manager is enough?

Please respond..

Thnak you

Somebody start a New Thread "Jan. Chennai CP Part II"

This one is taking long time to load. It\'s time to create a new one. Thanks.

cprocks: I am combining CP and marriage

What your lawyer suggested is a possibility. However it could result in quite a bit of delay. Here are some other alternatives
a) Combine CP and marriage in the same trip (i.e., send in your pkt 3 and later when you get married send in your spouses pkt 3). It is advisable to get married before you return to the US. Usually, this will mean your spouse will have CP interview separately later. This way you save quite a bit of time and expense.

If you are getting married before the interview, you may be able to take your spouse along (not guaranteed but is a good shot)
a) If you have finalized everything about your marriage, then send in your fiance\'s details as well (pkt 3). Put in a covering letter stating that you intend to get married (be specific person, date, place, etc) and add whatever evidence you can like an invitation card, and you will provide all required documentation at the interview. If there is adequate evidence, the consulate may allow you to both have the interview at the same time.
b) If you haven\'t finalized things, then send in your spouses pkt 3 etc (as in 1) or worst case as soon as your married. Take your spouse along for the interview. The consulate may accept this, however be prepared for a later interview for your spouse.

Just some ideas. The final choice is obviously yours and depends on your specific situation.

my interview is on 23 Jan

Thats good news, as I was worried if we have to get PCC.

I did not get my P4 yet, I send a mail to chennai.... they sent reply stating I can take a printout of my interview date by typing my case no and take it to doc for medical.

New thread

Folks,

I have started a new thread. Happy chatting.....

Rajesh Paul "************** Jan. Chennai CP Part II ****************" 1/4/02 1:19pm

No appointment letter, no packet-4

So far I haven\'t recieved any communication from Chennai- no appt. letter or Pkt-4. I\'m not worried about the Packet-4, since the forms are already filled up by my laywers.

Can anybody confirm if the web print-out of the appointment details is accepted at Lister for the lab test.

I have appointment with Dr. Rajkumar, and he said he will acept the web page print-out. Not sure about Lister though.

Cobra, Lister does not even need a appointment letter. Dr. and consulate accept print outs.

Visit our forum.