January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

Meecheegun

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

If you are scheduled for an IV CP interview at Chennai in January 2002, please use this forum for discussing issues.

My Parents Received P4 at Indian Address (Bangalore) on 12/14/01

My Parents Received P4 at Indian Address (Bangalore) on 12/14/01

Although PCC Not Required, I have applied through CGI (Consulate General of India)

Although PCC Not Required for Chennai Jan \'02 CP Interview, I have applied through CGI (Consulate General of India), San Francisco - just to have proof that I tried to obtain a PCC. Will probably not have my PCC before I leave to India (as process takes 30-45 days).

Meech, How did you applied in SFO when you live in Michigan ?

Please also let me know if you can get any receipt from the consulate so that we can show at the time of Interview.

How did you send Fee ? Did you applied direct ?. Cashiers cheques/M.O. $11 + $11 + ? (telex/Misc.) Please conform the procedure.

No Title

My Parents Received P4 in India on 13th Dec. Although PCC is not requeired. I already took PCC from US Police and Indian Police. Interview on Jan 16th.

thanx TL

TestURLuck, Which Indian consulate in US your PCC from ?. How many days? How did you apply? Any Rece

Appointment on 1/24; Pkt 4 received at Chennai home on 12/15.

My appointment is on 1/24. Pkt4 received at Chennai home on 12/25.

Retain Copies of PCC Application, Personal Particulars Proforma form and Cashier\'s Check

I sent in copies of my Passport to CGI, SFO alongwith my application, personal particulars proforma and cashier\'s check ($11.00).

Technically, CGI, SFO will notify me when they have police clearance from Bangalore. At that time, I have to send in my original Passport for stamping and verification. Since this is likely to happen in 30-45 days from now, I am not counting on the PCC.

Since I have applied through CGI, SFO and subsequently, CGI makes a request from Bangalore Passport Authorities for police clearance, I will try to obtain PCC from Bangalore Passport Office.

Superman - Which hotel are you staying at in Chennai ? Please post details.

Superman - Which hotel are you staying at in Chennai ? Please post details like name, address, phone number, rates etc. Thanks in advance for the information.

I am planning on staying in a hotel which is closest to US Consulate.

Do you know what the typical checkout times are for these hotels ? The reason why I am asking is because, I would like to check out after I am done with my interview (noon ??).

My appointment is on 01/25. Recieved Appointment letter on 12/14 in India.

I\'m still confussed if we do need PCC for Chennai Consulate. Why is there so much speculation on this. I email consulate few days ago & they replied that we don\'t need any PCC if lived in India & USA.
I don\'t understand why people are making efforts, though not required. Can someone pls clarify PCC for Chennai.

Cheers...

My interview is on Jan 23 2002

I did not receive my Packet4 till now, I have given US mailing address, How long do you think it will take for Chennai Embassy to send Packet 4 and interview letter anybody in the same boat?

Superman: SFO PCC message continuation.

Thanks. I agree, it is a very bad move at this stage to send the passport to the consulate. But, if it is going to take 30+ days, I may as well forget about getting it from SFO.
My parents tried to get it from the local police station but it is a time consuming process and the station needs my presence to do their verification. So that’s ruled out, too.
Chennai had consistently stated that Indian PCC is not required. I am going to completely bank on Chennai’s words.

rajsri

Send an email to Chennai requesting them to send the P4 and appt letter to a local address in India.
You can ask some one to go and get it from the consulate giving your full name and NVC case number.
For the medical, the print out from the website containing the appointment date is sufficient. So, you yourself can collect it from the consulate as soon as you’re done with the Lister medical.
Sending email and receiving it at a local address is the easy option.

Even If this is true, It is too late for Jan. CPers.

That is why Chennai is stating that PCC is not required for Jan. We had enough conformation from Chennai that PCC is not required. If you can get one very quickly within days with out much effort, get it otherwise just RELAX..................!

Meech, Hotels in Chennai.

I am planning New WoodLands (1/2 mi from Consulate)/ New Picnic (By Railway St. It is close to many places. Closer to Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi).
Both hootels are in the range of about Rs. 1,000/day. Picnic has 24 hr. check out. You can check in any time and they charge you 24hrs. from that time. I heard Wood Lands has 12:00 p.m. check in/out policy. If these two does not work, I will go for Ranjith (One block from the consulate. Rs.1,600). Maris is also close and good Rs. 1,100). I will post all these hotel No. tomorrow. I don\'t have them now.