January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

fellow 25ers....

Any updates on when we would recieve our passports if everything goes well ? 26 is Republic day and 27 is sunday..... 2 more days to fool around in Chennai ?

Interview on 23rd Jan

Guys,
     Am not getting any PC \'cause CGI says it will take at least 40 days (when I asked \'em today ).
Have a question - I don\'t have a birth certi. Was born in Vishakapatnam and have a sworn affidavit from Chennai. Any one knows if it will matter?

Superman advise plz

The company I work for, changed its name very recently. But the paystubs are still being issued in the old name. My interview is on 18JAN. My company is yet to receive the new letter head and they don\'t think they will have it when I fly in the first week of Jan. Also, they don\'t think that the company name on the paystub would change by then.
Considering all this, I am planning to take the employment verification letter on the old letter head when I fly in the first week of JAN (atleast my paystubs, employment verification letter and H1B will be in Sync). Can you think of any bad repercussions?
Thanks!

Rajsri- same case here

I am also scheduled for 23rd Jan. Given US address but I think I will soon send Chennai an email requesting to sent to my add there.

What is this PCC thing all of a sudden...my lawyer had it was not required for Chennai? Do you have one? Let\'s keep in touch...am at nagi01@hotmail.

Thanks Superman ; Q on DD

Can we get the dd for $325 in US currency from a bank here? Saves me some time there.

Rajesh

I decided to go home in A.P. after the Interview and return two days early before comming back to US if corrections needed. I need to go back to Chennai any way.

AIM, I don\'t think any repercussions on this.

Since you are getting the Employer Letter and pay stubs on the same name as I-140 petitioner, you don\'t even have to mention to them. Don\'t worry. Just carry any annoncements made with you just in case. This will serve as an evidence that you are still with the same company. But do not show them.

Are original bank statements required to be submitted ?

Are original bank statements required to be submitted or will copies suffice ??? Is it okay to use white-out on the account number ? It\'s really not necessary for the US Embassy to find out about our bank account number.

Meech, Copies and Originals are req. They keep copies. They need it to verify the balance on I-134.

DS or OF forms?

Guys
Hi to all. I recd the DS-230 forms in my P3 and thats what i sent to the consulate. But I received the OF forms from the consulate along with my P4. So can we use the DS forms instead of the OF forms? Or is it mandatory to use the OF forms alone.

Please share any opinions..
Thanx
New10

Meechegun - Take original bank statements if you can

You can request bank for additional statements if you want. Check with your bank for charges (some banks charge for duplicate statements)

CP on Jan24 Chennai

Well, I have the D-day as Jan 24. I confirmed from the Chennai consulate about PCC. They have categorically stated that "You don\'t need PCC". I don\'t understand why people are going through the extra trouble.

Just a request from the Chennai "locals". Any recommendation on which hotel to stay at? I\'m looking for anywhere in $75-100 range, not the really cheap ones.

Plus, how much is the DD for Blue Dart for one passport?

Thanks a bunch.

Do not have original I-140 approval - have just a copy - is that a problem ?

Friends, I do not have the original I-140 approval notice. I just have a copy. Is that a problem you think ?

Superman

I signed the I-134 in Nov along with other P3 documents
and sent it to the Attorney.
In the I-134 i have mentioned $X in my savings account, which
i did\'nt have then but will have that amount by Jan.
Now when i go for interview in Feb with my last 3 months bank
statements it would not show $X in Nov.
Are they going to scrutinize all this??