January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

Aceheart & Superman - You guys are always so helpful. Thanks.

Aceheart & Superman - You guys are always so helpful. Thanks.

Superman, what is I-134?

I have not heard about it upto P-3 stage. Is it part of p-4? Is it downloadable?

I-134 : It\'s the Affidavit of Support : Needs U.S. Notarization

If the applicant is married, then he/she needs to fill out I-134 (Affidavit of Support) on behalf of the spouse and have it notarized in the U.S. It\'s downloadable from immihelp.com (Fillable Version)

I-134 Question

Number 3: You put your wife\'s name on it. Again in same number 3, it asks for person accompanying or following-to-join person: Do we need to put our Spouse name again here Or put Not Applicable in here.

The way i interpreted this is if you sponsor your spouse, put her name in there and put Not Applicable for Person accompanying field. Am i right?

If you sponsor somebody other than your spouse, then you would put their name in number 3 and their immediate family member\'s name in Person accompanying field.

All you guys who fill I-134, please look into it and share how you have put it. It would be of great help.

Travel after entering US

Me and my wife have interveiw scheduled on Jan 25 at Chennai Consulate. We will be back at the end of Jan. We are planning to travel in Feb again. Is it OK if we travel after we get in US after CP but before we get out actual green cards? Are there any restrictions. Any help will be appreciated.

Superman, Which one is the Appointment Letter

We recieved the Packet 4. In that appointment letter looks like a regular letter. And then there is a 2 page information that says Appointment letter for immigrant visa applicants. This is OF-171 form. Which one is the Appointment letter? Which form do we need to put it in the passport while giving it to the Officer?

Guys, i have my IV interview on Jan 24 at Chennai

My LC is applied for SOFTWARE DEVELOPER but Approved for SOFTWARE ENGINEER. In my I-140 application also \'Under propsed Job Title\' given as Software Engineer.
What should be my position in my Employment Letter ? Is it Software Developer or Software Engineer ?

Depends on yoru employer !

As mentioned by CP experts - It does not matter all that much -atleast in your case you are comparing green apples with red apples.

No Title

For sake of safety I believe since the LC and 140 are approved for Software Engineer, technically the employment letter should say Software engineer even though the line is pretty grey between the two.

No Title

Aish,

I could not agree more. We take unnecessary trouble to obtain it. In the process we expose to the risk of loosing the passport due to embassy mix up or postal mix up so close to an international travel.

Even if nothing happens and we mange to obtain the PCC, we put the future CPers at risk of having to produce the same.

What a shame!

cdevaro I have send a mail to Chennai to send my packet4 to India...

But they send me a reply stating that it is not possible to send one to India address at this time, but she told if I did not receive any p4, I can download it from net and take a print out of my interviwe date from immg site and show it to doc for medical tests.
and I even confirmed if PCC is required the ans was NO.

A Wait you put your spouse\'s name again on I-134

If you have multiple persons getting GCs with you. Some can follow you to US. They want to know who are accompaniying you and who are following. If your wife come back to US with you after the Interview, Just fill our spouse in both places.

No Title

Hi Akorah & Tanani when is Your Lister & Medical.

This is TestURLuck, My Int is on 16th Jan.

Hope to see you there.

thanx TL

Shall we put 401K in Stocks and bonds... (I-134 question)

In I-134 it asks for how much money you have in your savings account. How much money you have in stocks, bond, mutual fund etc... Shall we put our 401K in Stocks, bond and mutual fund column?

Please verify and confirm. All of you who contribute to 401K, please let everybody know. I am filling the form right now. I got to send it to India this weekend.