January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

Can we make small changes to the DS230 part 1 we mailed to consulate?

Hi all
Can we change any small information that has changed in the DS-230 Part 1 form we faxed the consulate? I want to change the address to which I want the Plastic card to be mailed.
Please help me answering this question. Its very important. Can we change it when we take the DS-230 forms to the consulate for the interview? I have to change only that address and nothing else.

Does anyone know if it will be problem and if it is possible at all?
Thanx a lot guys
All the best and happy holidays
New10

RajSri and Cdevaro

Tax documents: I got the tax transcript using the 800 number i found in this forum. I am taking W2 forms and 1099. If you don\'t have your W2 forms, your HR would be able to give you a copy.

PCC - I got an email from Chennai Consulate confirming we do not need PCC.

Folks, anubody combining CP and marriage ?

I had some questions and was hoping to get some suggestions/clues

a) Is it better to courier my wife\'s papers or go and give it in person (Chennai consulate) ?
b) What are the chances of getting the interview together (I have about a week between marriage and interview) ? Is there any known cutoffs for this ?

Thanks in advance

Rajesh, Marraige is before or after the Interview ?

If it is before and if you could aquire all the documents before the Interview, You can just do Interview together. If it is after, it could take couple months. Give the documents directly.

If you marraige is before the Interview, this is what you could do:
1. Get the marraige registered and get the certificate.
2. Collect the marraige photoes.
3. Fill DS-230 Part I and II.
4. Do I-134 and get it notorized.
5. Update your wife\'s Passport to reflect the marraige. (Recommended)
6. Get PCC for your wife since she lived in India. (May be asked)
7. Update your DS-230 documents since you filled single previously.
    Just take any additional support documents and your wife\'s with you for the Interview. That\'s it. Good Luck.

Thanks Sup, but.....

Yes, the marriage is before CP, about a week before. I was wondering if she can just accompany me, if we have all the documentation ? I mean wouldn\'t she need to get an appointment as well (have her included in the case or something) ? I have written to the consulate as well, but no response so far. On PCC, they just said we will let you know after we get her packet 3. I was wondering if I should just send in her pkt 3, witha covering letter stating that we intend to get married and will provide all required documentation at time of interview, etc. Would that help ?

Thanks again

Fellow Jan 25thers

I confirmed with Blue Dart on when we would recieve the packages. They say it will be Jan 28, no delivery on 26 and 27, so plan accordingly. On that note, any fun places to bum around in and around Chennai. I have pretty much covered all the regular spots like Mahabs, etc. Looking for something off the beaten track....

Vaccination question

Hi all
What are the vaccinations that are mandatory before going to the interview? In the form received with the P3 they list about 8-9 vaccinations that are needed. SOme of them are not available for younger age people, and some are not available in India. Does anyone know which ones are the exact ones that are needed?

Thanx a lot
New10

Rajesh, I don\'t think not having an appointment would be a problem for your would be.

I have seen several posts of singles who were asked to postphone the Interview if they are willing to get married. That means they can accept the DS-230 forms at the Interview.
So, I would try that route. Nothing to loose. Just fill out the paper work like I said take your wife to the Interview. Only thing I am not sure is PCC for your wife since she was staying in India. Consulate may not conform this until they see her P-3. So, Just try to take PCC for your wife along with the paper work. If they do not accept, they will schedule Interview for the Future. I strongly believe that it will work. Good Luck.

Rajesh, I am planning to leave chennai on 1/25 itself.

And give my home address to receive the Blue Dart to receive on 1/28. My return journey to US is from Chennai also. So, I will come to chennai earlier If I need any corrections. Thanks for the info.

What about medicals, etc ?

Sup, any idea if they will do medicals, etc without a proper appointment for her ? Also, would they even let her in for the interview as her name would not be on the appointment letter. Maybe, I can try the website printout which doesn\'t have names :)

Thanks for the fb and wishes. Will certainly need the luck !

Rajesh

Rajesh:
First of all - Congrats for your marriage.Best wishes for a pleasant married life on behalf of everyone in this forum!
Here are my 2 cents which are worth a shot. Superman / others can add in.
As soon as you land in India get the marriage registered and get the marriage certificate (I have seen many people doing it to get H4 faster). Fax the updated packet 3 forms and marriage certificate with a covering letter requesting Chennai to send the appointment letter for your wife. They would send it to you.
In the mean time have your marriage. Get the marriage photos as soon as possible. Take your wife with you for the medicals even if you haven’t got her appointment letter (your appointment letter and marriage certificate should be fine). Go to the consulate interview with your wife. Take your marriage certificate and a few marriage photos with you.
I have heard that this worked for a cper in Mumbai.
Good luck!