January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

dallas_007/cdevaro

Just take both Passports. Put the new PP number on DS-230 part I and hand it over to them at the time of Interview. You can make minor changes at that time. They also need to see the old PP to verify any notes. It is very common and they know. Nothing to worry about.

rastapopulous, Which ever way is more convenient to your HR.

My company has an employee who is a notary public. So, I call her to my HR office to notorize the document.
If I were you, I would just take HR to lunch outside and get it Notorized on the way. Many banks or Mail Boxes, etc, does the notorization. If your HR prefer to get it notarized by them selves, let them. Either way it\'s fine.

gc_hopeful, Chennai is little picky on Employment letters.

You better have contact information the letter. It should be o.k. with the logo and most recent pay stubs. If you can, try to get the letter on the letter head with both logop and the contact details.

Superman! I\'m flying out on 18th from US

Reaching chennai on 20th. I\'ll be there from 01/20 - 01/25 in Madras.
I might be in one of this hotels: Newwoodlands/Ranjith/Maris. My brother is doing the reservations for me, so don\'t know yet. But why don\'t u give me ur contact info, may be we can meet sometime in Madras if possible. I\'m visiting Dr. Vijaylakshmi on 01/22 in afternoon...What\'s ur priviate email address?

Superman

Superman,
  Once you are in Chennai could you please follow-up on our cases. At this time we are not seeing any hope, basically if you can or someone can talk to some one who is responsible in Chennai not just the lady who answers the phone, and have them accept electronic copies of our cases from NVC we have some hope to get March interviews otherwise we look doomed...
  I know you would be busy with your own stuff, but if by chance u find some way do try and follow up.
Thanks,

Gabbar

gabbar, No problem.

I am staying for 4 days before the Interview. I do have time. I will try to contact somebody and explain the situation. I will try to do every thing I could.
I am feeling very sorry for you guys. We came together from Chennai to NSC to Chennai. Whole hold up due this Anthrax is very un fortunate. I am sure that we will find someone who thinks logically. That person will accept electronic version for you guys as a special case or de-contaminated files will be forwarded soon to chennai. You did every thing you could at this time. I have high hope on Ms. Walker. Hope that works. Good Luck guys.
I will try to do every thing I can.

Another PCC conformation for Jan. CPers.

If your interview is after 31st January, you require the Police Clearance
from India,.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2001 6:34 PM
To: ChennaiIV@state.gov
Cc: vpentela@hotmail.com
Subject: RE:RE:

Dear Sir/Madam,
   I just saw that your website(FAQ) updated for PCC requirement. And says
that If you are applying for Immigrant Visa from abroad, a Statement from
local consulate is required. There is no effective date on the website. Now,

I am totally confused and worried about my Visa. My Interview Date is
Jan.25th. I got e-mail conformation from you previously that PCC is not
required if I stayed in India/US only. I stayed in India/US only for my
entire life. I contacted Consulate General of India, Chicago. They said it
will take 45-90 days to issue a PCC. There is no way I can make it for my
Interview. Please advise what to do. Do I still need PCC for Jan. Interview
?. Thank You for your help. I will look forward to your response.
-Venkat.

>From: "Chennai, IV"
>To: venkat pentela
>Subject: RE:
>Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:31:20 +0530
>
>No.
>
>Customer Service Unit
>American Consulate General
>220, Anna Salai
>Chennai 600006
>Ph-91-44-8112060/2000
>website:www.madras.sphynx.com
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: venkat pentela [mailto:vpentela@hotmail.com]
>Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:00 AM
>To: chennaiiv@state.gov
>Subject:
>
>
>I stayed in India/US for my entire life. I have applied for Employment
>based
>
>Immigration. Do I need Police Certificate from India and or US ?. Thank
>You.

OF-230

Hi all,

I used of-230 and there is no place in that asking for Passport number. Do you think I have to fill DS-230 and take.

Thanks

Superman

Does it mean that PCC from Consulate is enough.??
I am not sure how to interpret "Clearance from India"

GC Despo, My Interpretation is that Feb. CPers need PCC from Consulate.

Local is not required if you are staying in US.

Even if you have used OF-230; Now you can use DS-230.

P-4 still has OF-230 forms. I just prefer to use DS-230 to be more comfortable. We just don\'t know when consulate is going to quit accepting OF-230.

No Title

RAjsri - Could you please tell me, if we applyu for CP cousulate process at chanai, do we take medical exam at channi or at USA...Thanks in advance.