January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

Yeah....

Delhi and now Chennai ran out of visa numbers for Dec. Hmmm... brings up an interesting question.... I assume they will "borrow" some numbers from Jan to accomodate the Dec CPers. Will that affect us Jan folks ?

Cobra... there was some useful info on hotels in this same thread

check around item 9/10. Think Sup and some others are zeroing in on Woodlands / Rnajit / Picnic.

Booked @ Hotel New Picnic (Next to Rlwy. Stn.) from 1/20-1/25.

Cost is Rs. 1150/day. I booked 3 rooms for 5 days. So, I did not go more expensive ones. Reasonably priced and located very good. Not located very close to consulate. Rs.10 for auto to consulate. Closer to Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi. Leaving on 1/19 and will be in Chennai on 1/21 Morning. You can contact me around that dates. CPers around that dates, please post contact details so that we can meet.

tax returns and bank statements

Could anyone please clarify the following:
Last three years\' tax returns and last 3 months bank statements that we are required to carry -
Are these personal tax returns and personal bank statements of the immigrant visa applicant, or
Are these tax returns and bank statements of the employer.

Please let me know. Thanks.

It\'s yours and NOT the employer\'s. Carry the W2s. Chennai seems to be asking only 2000 W2.

Superman contact.

I am flying with you on the same flight . I will meet you at JFK. Can you update your contacts in yahoo group or send me a email.

thanks

Superman

I\'m leaving here early (on Jan 12) and returning Feb 2. But I\'ll be in Chennai on 21st. Will be staying with my uncle though. Hopefully we can touch base then. What time is your appointment with the doc ?

What is "Bank Letter" ?

Hi Guys and Happy New Year !

I am checking and rechecking the docs I have vs. the list posted on this site: I saw a list that said \'Bank Letter\' + Bank Statements.

I am taking my past 4 month bank statements but have no \'bank letter\'.

Is this required? Is any one taking a bank letter? If so, can please tell me what should be the text of the letter, whom to address etc?

Thanks much !

DD for Blue Dart

I presume we take the DD in favour of Blue Dart...? Would a single DD of Rs/-350 ( for my wife and I ), be sufficient.

P4

Hi,

I still have not received my p4 as my lawyers have asked that the p4 be delivered to our US address. ( this is what they suggested.. ). I know that the consulate suggests that we specify a local address to which they can send the p4.
However, my lawyers have always received the p4s on time, for the previous cases that they have filed.

In the event that I miss it before I leave, what are my options.

Thanx.

No Title

I just got a bank letter from my bank saying.

To who so ever it may concern.

This is to inform that Mr.xxxx had opened a bank account with our bank on xxxxx. He/She has a average bank balance of $ xxxxx (per month).

Thanx

I am in the same boat

Still I did not get my Interview letter. My layer advised me that I can get on from the consulate gate by showing the Email I received from chennai ( showing interview date and case number). I am planning to do that. MY interview is on Jan , 15.

Today I got an email from chennai saying PCC is not required for Jan interviews.

Hope this will help you

where does one mention the P4 address?

Can anyone tell me in which form do we mention the address for receiving p4?
Thanks in advance!