January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

PCC from India RPO ?!?

Folks,

I understand that it is possible to get PCC from RPO in a day in India too. My fiance has gone to get that today, so I\'ll know for sure by tomorrow. So, especially for the CPers whose passport was not issued here that may be an alternative. However, I\'m not sure if you have to be residing in India to do that. And it does kind of contradict what the PCC req says (people in US have to get it from the nearest India consulate). Just another option we could follow up if required.

IV Fees

Hi,

Can anyone confirm the fees...

Application Fee Rs. 12,480
Issuance Fee Rs. 3,120

Is this correct ...

Thanks.

Am enclosing an email from Chennai regarding PCC

Subject: RE: Police certificate requirement
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:40:09 +0530

YOu dont require as your interview is before 1st February.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 9:25 AM
To: chennaiiv@state.gov
Subject: Police certificate requirement

Dear Sir/ Ma\'am
I have my employement IV interview scheduled for the
29th of Jan in Chennai. In the past in many emails,
the consulate has consistently informed me that a
Police Certificate is "not required" if an employment
based immigrant visa applicant has resided in USA and
India only.

But the chennai consular website was updated last
Friday and it says a Police clearance certificate is
needed from the local passport office.

The Local Passport Office needs atleast 35 to 40 days
to issue a Police Certificate. So the option of
getting a PCC issued at such a short notice seems next
to impossible.

Can you please tell me if the Police Certificate from
India is needed for all "employment based" immigrant
visa applicants.

Thanx a lot

New10 - Thanks for this wonderful news !

Thanks for posting your email ! Ah...one less document to carry or worry about !

Good news for us and happy new year

Hi all,

Thanks for every one who checked and posted the msg regarding PCC. I tried to call them yesterday and no one picked up.

Thanks

jt, don\'t relay on Rs. ammount for Fee.

Find the exchange rate at that time. $260; and $65 for each is the correct dollar ammount. Rs ammount may change.

Chennai confirms- No PCC for Jan

I got an email confirmation from Chennai- PCC required for interviews after 1st February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurray.......

ok guys, please answer my questions now!

1. How much is the Blue Dart DD for? (one passport only)
2. Need good hotel info ($75-100) near the consulate area- Chennai locals please help. Dont suggest the Chola Sheraton, please!
3. A Tamil to English dictionary! just kidding

No Title

I called the cons yesterday and they confirmed that we do not need pcc since the interview is in jan.she said she is very sure that it is not needed .

Thanks a lot new10 for the good news!! One less thing to worry about now!

Good luck!

BTW, did u guys notice that some Dec\'27th CPer had some delays with chennai consulate issuing his visa number or something, since they ran out of them for December.

I\'m concerned, why is this kind of problem croping up off late. I heard one case in Delhi & now in chennai for Dec\'2001.

Does anyone know the funda for this visa numbers limits per month? Is it something that we have to worry about for January Interviews! Why would Consulate schedule interviews for more people than the available visa numbers? Any ideas!

Party time folks !

Well now we and all go make merry happily :) Wishing everybody a very happy, properous and safe new year.

Cobra/Jagee

Just a reminder, Jan 26 and 27 are holidays, so if your interview is on 25th you\'ll get passports back only on Jan 28, so plan accordingly.

I am on 18th (Chennai)

My father is going to try today to get PCC from local police station. My father in law tried for my wife. They said they can give one. I guess they asked for the format. I asked them to state "no criminal records" with the stamp. I am leaving to India on 4th of this month..

thanks Rajesh

Mine is on the 24th, flight out is on 25th night. Hope they dont run out of the visa numbers.