Jan-2003 Interview Tracker - Mumbai

Advice on follow-up with Mumbai Consulate

Hello Ranen/Bsoni,

Can you please tell me after how many days should I contact consulate after the packet being mailed from NVC.

I read that in this thread you guys were mentioning some contacts with Consulate via mail or something..... Is this email or regular snail mail.

Please let me know what needs to be done next. If anyone has a format of any emails you had sent then a draft of that would alo help.

Thanks,

hey dineshgk,
I sent the very first mail after 2 days they had received my pkt-3.
You can call them at (011)-91-22-2363-7407/7408 and ask whether they have received ur pkt or not. Did NVC post ur pkt ? If so when ?
Also, there's no fixed format for the request for the Interview schedule. Still for a quick look please see Dec-2002-Mumbai thread(started by Bapa).
cheers!!
Ranen

mail means e-mail..... Right.

I am still to call NVC regarding an update when they sent my pkt to consulate.

My case was reviewed on Nov 18. And I received a letter yesterday confirming that they have reviewed the case and have sent the case to consulate. The letter was dated Nov 26, but they did not mentioned when did they mail the pkt. I am assuiming that they sent it on Nov 26, but I shall call to confirm.

So is this right time to e-mail them now ?

Thanks,

dineshgk bhai!!
Yeah, mail is e-mail. NVC notice of review never mentioned the date of despatching ur pkt-3 to the respective consulate- u can 99% safely assume that that was the date they sent the pkt-3 to the respective consulate.For further confirmation call NVC - of course, now it's not that important -just send an e-mail to Mumbai consulate - they are pretty prompt in replying the first mail...
My most optimistic anticipation - u might be scheduled for Jan-03.

cheers!!
Ranen

Called Mumbai consulate just now !! The attendant mentioned to call them after 12th Dec. Asked whether any request to fix a date during mid Jan would be honored or not - got an answer -need to send fax at 22-2363-0350 giving case detail(case# etc..). Has anybody come across this ? I thought they generally honor the e-mail.
Regards,
Ranen

dinshegk

My case was reviewed on Nov 18. And I received a letter yesterday confirming that they have reviewed the case and have sent the case to consulate. The letter was dated Nov 26, but they did not mentioned when did they mail the pkt. I am assuiming that they sent it on Nov 26, but I shall call to confirm.

When was your Packet 3 received by NVC, was that Nov 18, or before that.

Thanks!

TeeRoy:

My pkt was REviewd on Nov 18, It was received by them like a month before that.

Take Care,

Ranen:

I have heard this one time. But as you know yaar, there is no particular rules. Every individual sets their rules. Yeh hai Mumbai Meri Jaan...... :)

Well, In one of the post I remember that they were not good at responding bak to him, but finally when the list was out, he had his name on it.

Do you know when the list would be out.... That could be a nice final check.

Take Care,

dineshgk,
Generally they put the list by 14-15th of each month. But last month some of our friends scheduled for Dec Interview, could not see their names (for details see Mumbai-Dec-2002 or Mumbai-Nov-2002 thread ).
Anyway, for me mid Jan would be ideal -AI is giving good deals right now and I have booking for 12/27,01/03,01/07.
In any case I will call Mumbai consulate on 12th and if found end Jan interview will request them on the spot.
By the way, did u send mail to mumbai consulate ? R u from Mumbai ?
cheers!!
Ranen

Yes.... I did sen an email to consulate on last thursday. Probably lets see how and when they reply.

And Yes.... I am from Bombay.

How much are you getting the tickets for ?

12/27 -> USD1250
01/03 -> USD1080
01/03 -> USD1070

All inclusive of tax. AI was giving a better deal on 7/1 (USD950), but I couldn't confirm that as mumbai consulate didn't gt back to me.
cheers!!
Ranen

Yesterday, I called US consulate, Mumbai to know that my interview is scheduled on 01/29/2003 at 9:30AM.
Today I got a mail from them saying the same. They mailed my pkt-4 on 12/05/02.
bsoni and others - any news ???
cheers!!
Ranen

Congratulations Ranen....... On to the final step now.... GoodLuck.

I bet mine could be sometime in February. But no reply of email that I had sent last thursday as of yet.

So did they send you an email reply after you called them was it was just a coincident overlap.

Thanks, dineshgk. My anticipation was correct - jan is a slower month. If you see 2001,2002 Jan interview on cptracker u will see
the same.
The e-mail and my call had no link -I suppose.
cheers!
Ranen

Thanks, dineshgk. My anticipation was correct - jan is a slower month. If you see 2001,2002 Jan interview on cptracker u will see
the same.
The e-mail and my call had no link -I suppose.
One more thing, I'm from Calcutta, probably they need to get data from Cal prior to set my interview, as my H1-B stamping are all done from Cal. - it might be the reson for delay!!
cheers!
Ranen

ranen,

great that you got your date, i have send an email today for a possible date in jan ( consulate folks already told me in earlier mail that i would be in middle of jan, hope they follow what they said ! ).

on a side note ...

1. any other document to be notarized other then employment letter.

2. when would you call hospital to schedule your appointment

3. ranen, you staying in hotel at mumbai

bsoni,
a) I'm going to notarise the bank-statement - though not required. I think the employment letter is the only stuff we need to notarise.

b)I will be flying on 01/17/03 and today I'm going to call Lilavati to schedule my appointment on 01/20/03 and Hinduja on 01/21/03. And once I get my report, I'll fly back to Cal and will be returned to Mumbai on 27th evening/28th morning to appear for interview on 29th. I'll return back to US(if I'm granted VISA) on 02/08/03.

c)For medical, I will like to stay in a hotel near the hospital and for interview, I'll be in Hotel Royal Castle.

And don't worry, you will be getting a response soon. They generally stick to their words.

cheers!!
Ranen

I got a reply from Consulate that my interview would be in Feb. Do you think requesting a particular date range helps ? I would prefer them to give me a particulare date range because then I can goto India with my parents.... They are here with me. Or else it would be a big hassle.

Any Suggestion....

dineshgk,
You can send them a mail/fax to request for a particular interview date. Please give some good reason(possible hardships etc.), it might help, though not sure - they care a damn to my request though !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Originally posted by bsoni
ranen,

great that you got your date, i have send an email today for a possible date in jan ( consulate folks already told me in earlier mail that i would be in middle of jan, hope they follow what they said ! ).

on a side note ...

1. any other document to be notarized other then employment letter.

Ans:I-134 should be notarised - sorry I missed this.

2. when would you call hospital to schedule your appointment

3. ranen, you staying in hotel at mumbai