Jan-2003 Interview Tracker - Mumbai

Ranen

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
Please use this thread for Jan-2003 Interview at Mumbai Consulate !!

My stats -
Svc Cntr - NVC
Cat - EB3
PD - 7/6/01
I-140AD - 7/16/02
NVC Reviewed - 10/21/02
NVC sent case to Mumbai cons - 10/29/02
P3- Entered by Consulate - 10/31/02

cheers!!
Ranen

Dinesh,
Nope!! I got reply from consulate saying it won't be in Dec. but Jan.
cheers!!
Ranen

flight tickets ...

Folks,

Is it worthwhile to buy open air-tickets in Dec. end for possible jan. 03 interview.

How does open ticket work, can the return date be scheduled also.

Thanks
b.

I am not sure you can get a open ticket for both side of the journey. But you can try and let us know your experience.

Long ago I had got a so called Excertion (Maybe the spelling is not correct), from Delta. It cost me $60 extra for this ticket. What this meant was that I could have changed any one date (either departure or arrival date) for no additional cost. Usually any change cost $250 or so.

GoodLuck,
Dinesh

I have hold ticket for 12/10/02 since I thought of getting end-Dec interview. I'm now trying to push for Dec 20th - but seems it's hard, pretty hard!!
Our return is open and it costs $50/ticket extra in Air India. My agent said, early Jan tickets are available and it's cheaper too !!!
In Dec some of the guys r scheduled for 12/3/2002, if similar things happens to us, early Jan is not a good option. So, better opt for late Dec ticket and talk to ur agent and I'm pretty much sure u have to work very very hard for getting it - u might have to pay extra $$$
cheers!!
Ranen

dineshgk is talking about excursion ticket. Air India has generally good deals on open tickets. I have one since Jan 2002. It is valid until Jan 2003.

You can also get tickets from Alanitatravels.com

also try www.flights.com

or try Kirsbi Travels and Air Tours in Chicago. You can get their numbers from yahoo yellow pages for chicago.

Another good source is Kwality Travels.
Chaps name is Ramaswamy his number is 630-668-3300

or Try Gul at 630-351-5000.

The best would be that you folks who are expecting early Jan interviews should leave on 31st of Dec or 1st of Dec. Not many people leaving on that day.

cheers,
Bapa

tickets blocked ...

I blocked following tickets for Dec. 28 departure ...

Dallas->LA->Hongkong->Singapore->Bombay

and return is Feb 03, 03
Bombay->Hongkong->LA->Dallas

the travel agent is asking for $1200

I have to confirm the tickets by Nov. 20. And $75 is for rescheduling the return ticket.

-b.

Re: tickets blocked ...

Which airlines is this???

Originally posted by bsoni
I blocked following tickets for Dec. 28 departure ...

Dallas->LA->Hongkong->Singapore->Bombay

and return is Feb 03, 03
Bombay->Hongkong->LA->Dallas

the travel agent is asking for $1200

I have to confirm the tickets by Nov. 20. And $75 is for rescheduling the return ticket.

-b.

What's the travel agent's contact. Please let us know. I've hold Air India ticket for $1450.
cheers!!
Ranen

checklist - thought process

Consular Endgame Checklist Prior to creating Document folders

NVC

1. Check whether case sent to consulate

Consulate

1. Plead consulate to schedule case as soon as possible.
2. Ask consulate to send copy of packet-4 to India address also.
3. Ask consulate on the amount of money required in draft.

India Travel

1. Block tickets in multiple airlines for breadth of dates. Cancel accordingly.
2. Check for Transit visa requirement.
3. Verify that return dates of tickets can be changed.
4. Mention meal preference while buying the tickets.
5. Insure the luggage containing CP documents/Secondary documentation.
6. Place forwarding labels with phone no. and email address for the bag containing CP documents.
7. Place the CP documents in water proof package before bagging.
8. Traveler’s Checks
9. Take some cash in dollars.

Company/Attorney

1. Two original Employment letters (Notarized)
2. Photocopy DS 230 Part I, for all members
3. Photocopy of fees paid during DS 230 part I for all members
4. All RFE/RFI received during I-140 and LC stage, and possibly copy of the answers provided
5. Company financial statement and brochure
6. Copy of original LC
7. I-134 ( Affidavit of support )

Self

1. W2 and Tax Transcript for last three years (IRS Toll free phone number: 1-800-829-1040)
2. Sailing Permit
3. Bank Statement
4. Lease Agreement/Electricity Bill
5. Asset statements from Mutual Fund companies
6. Passport to show spouse names.
7. 15 passport size photos of all the members of family
8. marriage certificate and marriage photographs
9. birth certificates for all members / affidavits and certificate mentioning unavailability of birth certificates
10. PCC
11. Pay stubs for last three months
12. Beginning and End paystubs of last all companies of US.
13. Experience certificates
14. Degree certificates
15. All H1/H4 visas
16. Previous vaccination records of all members
17. SSN cards and ITIN cards

Arrangements

1. Schedule appointment with Hospital.
2. Arrange hotel in the vicinity of consulate

Research

1. what is form 9003
2. what is I-20

Ranen,

air india was $200 costlier, so it turns out same as yours.

I prepared this checklist by reading earlier mails, which mentioned I-20

thanks,
b.

Got reservation on 12/27 & 07/01 in AIR INDIA at a reasonable rate.So cancelling the previous reservation. Ms Gul is pretty good and has lot of resources - looks like direct agent to AIT INDIA. For her # please see Bapa's reply.
cheers!!
Ranen

DEAR RANEN,
PLEASE COULD YOU CONTACT ME AT DEV28@YAHOO.COM, I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS TO ASK.
HAVE YOU READ POSTS BY JAYANAGAR1 ON THIS FORUM...I AM JUST CURIOUS SINCE YOU ARE GOING FOR CP HOW ARE YOU PREPARING FOR SUCH EVANTUALITIES AS JAYANAGAR' S? APPRECAITE YOUR RESPONSE-I AM ASSUMING ONE GOING FOR CP WILL BE PREPARED FOR ALL POSSIBLITIES INCLUDING MISTAKEN ACCUASATIONS.
THANKS

I just got the travel agent's url i talked about earlier ...

http://www.toindia.com

If I can skip the lure of going out in the end of Dec. then I just got the rates of Dallas -> Mumbai of $1050 via lufthansa. However, the dates have to be confirmed, any change costs $250.

I also have got the end december Air India rate of $1120. If you don't want to mention your deals on this forum, please email me the information at bhavesh@ooarchitects.com

I was hoping to have Jan. 25th interview plus or minus 10 days. I was also hoping to push the interview ( by pleading to consulate earnestly ) in this band, if I got out of band.

With this band, the travel to India and the activities around it could be tuned efficiently. Please let me know if there are holes in my thought process ...

pcc

how many days does it take to get police clearance certificate from the chicago Indian consulate?Any help!