Jan-2003 Interview Tracker - Mumbai

After receiving an application Chicago consulate sends fax to India for getting feedback. If they don't receive by 7 weeks, chicago consulate issue PCC. So, max. 7 weeks it might take.
cheers!!
Ranen

Is it ok if we get PCC from India eventhough our renewed passport might be issued at the consulate here?How long it takes to get pcc in India ?Thanks.

If you are planning to carry your office laptop with you ... be sure to take a seperate letter from your employer mentioning brand, serial no. and purpose of the laptop.

One of my peer got in trouble with Indian authorities on software piracy bull-shit. Got out of that mess with usual Indian solution ...

Bhagawati,
If you r staying in US prior to interview, Indian consulate PCC is the stuff u need. If u r staying in India for last month or so, then Indian PCCs from Local PS and Passport office are required.
U can verify with www.immihelp.com.
Bapa,Moulin ..correct me if I'm wrong.

cheers!!
Ranen

bsoni,devx and bhagwati - would you please make your entries in cptracker.com. Has anybody of you sent mail to consulate ? Have u got reply from them ?
They replied my first mail and after that they r quite - don't know what's going on.
cheers!!
Ranen

Ranen da:
You are Korrect about the PCC. As for the emails. They will start replying back again sometime like Nov 30th and after that is when they start scheduling for January. In your case you should be prepared for anything from early Jan to mid Jan.

Peace
Bapa

my case was sent yesterday to mumbai consulate, looks like chances of jan. interview is still there

bsoni,
Great news !! By tomorrow it would be reaching at Mumbai consulate - sometimes in Jan 4th/5th week would be ur probable date.
cheers!!
Ranen

Though I know u r going to do the following still a reminder - start sending e-mails to mumbai consulate and get confirmation of the receipt of ur case etc..
cheers!!
Ranen

ranen

I was hoping between Jan. 13 -> Jan. 24. and that is 3rd/4th week ...

why do you say 4th/5th, is something I am missing

thanks
b.

ranen/bapa,

how many emails you have to sent to consulate ...

should I book my tickets departing Jan. 4th from here and leaving from India on Feb. 9th

thanks
b.

Send a couple and wait. It would be better if u can hold the ticket for few weeks. By last week of this month u will get clearer picture regarding interview date(U can expect a mail from consulate towards this month-end). Don't forget to mention ur case number in ur mail.
I'm holding 12/27/02 and 01/05/02 and 01/07/02 tickets. Just talk to ur agent and let him know ur situation. Call Ms Gul, she is reasonable,co-operative and giving excellent deals.
cheers!!
Ranen

ranen,

i already sent mail to consulate mentioning my desire for interview in mid jan.

i was also intending to phone-call consulate may be in the middle of next week. what is the usual pitch you give them ...

-b.

bsoni,
I have a very bad experience in making a phone call to Mumbai consulate. I tried for thrice and twice of them just kept on ringing for 10 minutes or so and then got disconnected. The third time, the lady on the other side transferred my call to somebody who never picked up the phone. I was calling them around 10-10:30 CST (it was prior to day-light saving). Also, I have heard after 2:00PM (indian standard time), is a good time to call them.
As far as mail is concerned, I have sent 4 mails in the last 3 weeks.
cheers!!
Ranen

PS: Oh, as regards of my anticipation of 4th/5th Jan for ur interview date - January is the slowest month for VISA issuance etc...

what do you guys think about war with Iraq.

Shoudn't we fly over pacific, just in case. And what about consulate functioning properly during the war.

Good point. But I'm not thinking of it by now since it's still at "if and but" issue.
cheers!!
Ranen

Hi All,

Thanks everybody for this wonderful forum.
I am expecting a Jan Interview date.
I have got a question about DS 230 Part II form.
Immihelp gives the following instructions.

"DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Part II Sworn Statement
This is the application for Immigrant Visa.
Print this 2 sided on short sided."

Do I really have to print it 2 sided on short-sided?
All forms I have seen till now are 2 sided on long-sided
Can anybody who has got the Packet4 confirm with me if
the packet contains the DS 230 Part II form has short-sided
or long-sided (regular two-page) format?

Can I simply fill the fillable form and print it on two pages
(instead of 2 sided with short-side or long-side)?

Thanks,
Bikash.