Jan-2003 Interview Tracker - Mumbai

i just got the packet 4, 10 minutes after i wrote the above mail...

... contents same as that mentioned in bapa thread

Good news. My attorney's office is closed today.So, Monday I need to verify with them.
cheers!!
Ranen

Jan 2003 interview at Chennai consulate

Ranen & other folks,

I'm looking for a thread on folks going for interview at the Chennai consulate in Jan 2003 ? I did a search on this website but did not find such a thread.

Do you know if I'm missing something or should I just create a new thread ?

Thanks.

--rockon

buddy, you are late in starting Jan thread for Chennai, somebody already did that 2 months back, with over 150 posts to it.

instead of searching just browse last 50 message and you would hit it.

amateurs ...

Hello Ranen/All,

I just browsed to Bapa's post for Dec interview and was listing all the necessary documents to be carried along for CP.

Question: I do not recall what document but I remember there is a document you need to print on some colored paper with some specific format..... I cannot recall what that is.... Is that something concerning to us.... If yes then can anyone shed some light on this.

Thanks,

dineshgk,
I think the colored paper doc is IRS-9003 form. It's yellow colored paper and no more required.In fact in my pkt-4, the list of enclosures section mentions IRS-9003 with DS-230-I & II, but they only supplied with DS-230 forms and no IRS form.
I'm pretty much sure this is not required and I'm not going to take this for interview.
cheers!!
Ranen

IRS 9003 not required. Get your photographs in India. Both for Immigration and Medical. It is cheaper and better.

Guys I have a question. Who amongst you is schedule for an interview on Jan 16th and is based in Detroit MI.
Please raise your hand.

Ranen, You can also stay at Hotel Amigo in Shivaji Park. This hotel is 2 km from Hinduja. It is nice and relatively less pricey.
thanks,
Bapa

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by bsoni
got notarized employment letter, did notarized I-134, got copy of DS-230 part I, copy of I-140, copy of check for $335, copy of labour, and copy of RFE/RFIs during I-140

going out on 31st dec.

=========================================
Hi bsoni,
I think u r heading for India today. Please don't forget to share ur interview experience.
Have a nice trip and wish u all the best for the new year !!
CHEERS!!!
Ranen

BhaiLog:
Here are my details. Entered the consulate at 9:30 am. Got my bags checked by security. Had no problems with it. Since I was using Beautone see through plastic bags. I did not bother to carry my X-Rays. X-Rays were with my driver in the car. Instructed to go to counter number 1. Number 1 counter asked me if I had paid my fees. Replied yes. Directed to wait infront of Counter 10, 11, 12.

Take a book or magazine. It is extremely boring. Our name was called for document verification at 11:45. Went to counter 10. Lady was very helpful and smiling all the time. Relax and Smile back. Gave all the documents.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT SIGN YOUR IMMIGRATION PHOTOS. SIGN THEM IN FRONT OF THE LADY.

Gave are all the documents for my wife and myself
Standard Stuff.

DS 230 Part II
MC,
BC-Translation of BC,
PCC,
Photos,
I-134
Emp.Letter.

Signed another document, stating that I will join the XYZ company.

Told to wait.

Name called again at 12:20. Went. First thing.
Gori Lady. ( Nancy Cunnigham).
Do you speak English. Replied YES.
Raise your right hand take oath.

Asked for any valid Visa
Didnt have any. Only new approval notice extension. She did not bother to see it. She typed something on her terminal. Checked a Consulate type checklist and that was it. She ended the interview with. YOU ARE ALL SET. Come back at 3:30 to pick up the visas. Came back at 4:30, they had just started issuing Immigration Visas. Jumped the line. Got into an altercation with a desi guy, threatened him with physical retribution. Got my and my wife's visa. Came back home.

Port of Entry Details to follow.
:D

Need Help on H1 and H4

Dear Friends I need your help.

Yesterday my attorney had sent Pkt-3 to NVC I am expecting my interview in April.

My current H1 is going to expire on March 13, 2003. My employer had sent
H1 extension application to NSC yesterday so I am expecting it's
approval in March first week or second week.

Now my concern/question is

-->> what will happen in case I am not getting H1 approval before CP-interview ?
-->> Stamping on my passport is going to be expired on same date 03/13 what I have to do (I don't have time to send for revalidation)???
--->> My wife is in India and her H4 visa is going to be expired on same date ? What I have to in that case ? Do I need to apply for H4?

Please give me your input on these it will help me .

Thanks

Dax

Dax,
I'm pretty much sure that either u or ur employer has the receipt for ur H1-B extension application. If u don't get ur H1-B approval notice, take the receipt(in original). For ur wife, since she is in India, u don't have to do anything unless she is intending to travel US prior to the expiry of the current H4.
Hope this quench ur thirst !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Thanks Ranen !!

Good luck !!!!

Dax

Originally posted by Ranen
Dax,
I'm pretty much sure that either u or ur employer has the receipt for ur H1-B extension application. If u don't get ur H1-B approval notice, take the receipt(in original). For ur wife, since she is in India, u don't have to do anything unless she is intending to travel US prior to the expiry of the current H4.
Hope this quench ur thirst !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Hope to get Feb'03 interview

Hi Ranen, Bapa, etc., all ...

Based on my analysis from cptracker.com and some of the postings discussing the P3 review timeframe, my case should get reviewed in a day or two.

And from the forums posting so far what I conclude is that, there are not many interview scheduled for Feb'03 (for Mumbai). So should I hope to get an appointment for Feb'03. Or am I being too optimistic.

Cheers !

Hope to get Feb'03 interview

Hi Ranen, Bapa, etc., all ...

Based on my analysis from cptracker.com and some of the postings discussing the P3 review timeframe, my case should get reviewed in a day or two.

And from the forums posting so far what I conclude is that, there are not many interview scheduled for Feb'03 (for Mumbai). So should I hope to get an appointment for Feb'03. Or am I being too optimistic.

Your opinion would be really appreciated.

Cheers !

hate_tsc,
Fact is that not everybody post their stats in cptracker and hence the conclusion drawn from cptracker mayn ot be reliable if your inference is based on past Feb data. You can analyse some recent data(may be past 6 months and try to fit in the nearest correlation/regression curve - too much work ? Forget, Optimistically prepare for Feb if not Mar is definite - isn't it ? Keep posting at consualte and wait for reply.. Or else, call them.
cheers!!
ranen