Jan-2003 Interview Tracker - Mumbai

i was also planning to stay in hotel royal castle, however, I was thinking of staying in royal-castle even for the medical. any reason why you choose otherwise.

btw, the guys who know bombay, which is the nearest hospital for medical test to consulate, and how much time it takes to get there.

and also which is the nearest hospital to andheri ...

how long does it take to receive packet 4 in US from the date it is mailed from mumbai consulate

ranen, did you receive your packet 4, it is already 5 days since they mailed, right ?

My attorney didn't receive it yet. Yesterday I called home and my dad didn't say of it - so not yet. I think before 25th Dec, I'll get the same in Cal. But it might be Jan to receive the pkt-4 over here.
cheers!!
Ranen

Originally posted by bsoni
i was also planning to stay in hotel royal castle, however, I was thinking of staying in royal-castle even for the medical. any reason why you choose otherwise.

btw, the guys who know bombay, which is the nearest hospital for medical test to consulate, and how much time it takes to get there.

and also which is the nearest hospital to andheri ...
================
I know Breach candy is the nearest to consulate.
I'm planning to go back to Cal after medical and come back before interview - for this I'm planning to stay closer to hospital for medical checkup.
I know Bapa and others can help you to find out nearest hospital to andhei.

just called mumbai, at 011-91-22-23637407/08 and found that my interview date would be jan. 15, however i am still waiting for the email confirmation. I had asked in the email to forward my appointment letter to my india address.

copied following from immihelp

Hotel Royal Castle
76 August Kranti Marg(Gowalia Tank)
Mumbai - 400 036. Phone: 2388 3888(4 Lines)
Fax: 2385 4340

i just talked to a person name pandey-ji there ( talk in hindi, if you can, he sounds bihari ), he asked me to fax the request as soon as possible. i will talk once again tommorow, once i fix my plans.

i also told him, one of my friend, Ranen will call you, give him good rates ;-)

he told me consulate is 7 minutes walking distance from royal castle

just called mumbai, at 011-91-22-23637407/08 and found that my interview date would be jan. 15, however i am still waiting for the email confirmation. I had asked in the email to forward my appointment letter to my india address.

==================

CONGRATS !!!

copied following from immihelp

Hotel Royal Castle
76 August Kranti Marg(Gowalia Tank)
Mumbai - 400 036. Phone: 2388 3888(4 Lines)
Fax: 2385 4340

i just talked to a person name pandey-ji there ( talk in hindi, if you can, he sounds bihari ), he asked me to fax the request as soon as possible. i will talk once again tommorow, once i fix my plans.

i also told him, one of my friend, Ranen will call you, give him good rates ;-)

he told me consulate is 7 minutes walking distance from royal castle
==============

Thanks for introducing me to Hotel Royal Castle. So what's the referral you got ? - Every alternate day is free !!! - :)
So when have u booked air-tickets ?
cheers!!
Ranen

Yesterday, I have made an appointment on 01/20/03 at Hinduja for medical. Soni - what's about yours ?
cheers!!
Ranen

Hello Ranen:

I know my question is kind of redundant and surely I had read this information somewhere, But can you please again let me know the name and contact number for the travel agent. I suppose name was Gul or something like that.

Thanks,
Dinesh

630-351-5000 - is her contact number. Lastly my final deal is = USD990 RT Mumbai.
cheers!!
Ranen

i just calculated, it took just exactly 8 months for my CP interview date from I-140 approval date. Unlike Bapa who got things happening for him pretty fast.

fyi from Vanguard ...

Federal law allows you to contribute to any type of individual retirement account (IRA) starting from the first day of the tax year (2002)until the tax filing deadline, excluding extensions -- generally April 15 of the following year (2003).

once you get your green card, you can save some tax money, without fear of not retireing in US ;-)

Yesterday, my parents has received Pkt-4 in India.
bsoni, what r u thinking for 2002 tax return ? I 'm planning to take w-2 only.
cheers!!
Ranen

Hi,
heard re: INS freeze on certain applications here in US. any ripple effects to be expected in CP in India?
Planning on AC140 after filing 824. Guys I solicit your advice re: this matter.
dev

ranen,

taxes and all that after returning back. however i am not sure i would be able to take w-2 with me on dec. 31 when i am leaving.

-b.

Originally posted by dev28
Hi,
heard re: INS freeze on certain applications here in US. any ripple effects to be expected in CP in India?
Planning on AC140 after filing 824. Guys I solicit your advice re: this matter.
dev

==============

For deatils on this, please see rumor control thread on www.immigration-information.com.
cheers!!
Ranen