Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

our 485 was filed on 9/02.
1st fP was on 10/02
2 nd fp was on 7/04 .
8/04 transfered to Hardford.

We didn't change our job. We took a infopass appoiment and went to hardford. They told they don't know how long it is going to take. They told our file is there. Nothing else.

Going TO Hartford, CT

Wish me luck!

I have an infopass appointment with Hartford Immigration, tomorrow.

My main concern is to get EAD if possible. Else I will have to go on 12/27/2004. Hope to find any info about the possible interview next year!

This is my 3rd EAD!!!

filed on 9/23/2004. I don't know if they will grant the EAD before 90th day. Has anyone gotten it before 90th day at Hartford? What do you need to carry with you.

I am also following with my local Congressman Christopher Shays.

I-485
ND 10/07/2002
1st FP 12/03/2002
2nd FP 6/30/2004
3rd FP 10/02/2004
4th FP 10/12/2004 !!!
1st EAD and AP ND 10/07/2004
1s EAD and AP Approved 11/16/2002
2nd EAD 09/15/2003
2nd EAD Approved 10/07/2003
3rd EAD 09/23/2004, no luck this time!
I485 TD 06/18/2004 waiting for interview

Really hope you will get good news or at least get the EAD. They are so unpredictable that one really never knows what will happen. Keep your chin up with whatever outcome you get from the trip.

Transfer to Hartford Office

Janannwill,

When my case was transferred to Hartford Office in June (6/18/2004). I first saw it online (case status online).

But I did get a letter from my attorney that the case was transferred to Hartford after about 10-15 days. So you should be receiving some notfication.

Good Luck

Mike

Experience in Harford INS

I went to hartford today to find out if my case is there yet. I had infopass apt and so showed up at exact time and was called within 5 minutes. My case was transferred on 11/23 and the immigration officer checked and said that it came to Hartford on 11/30. Also she said that the FP2 report which was done on 11/03, came too. She said that they do not handle the EAD application anymore, so gave me an envelope and forms to send it to Chicago office. Never heard about a chicago office, but she said that things are very efficient (?) there. Also, asked about how long it takes for them to schedule an interview. She said several months. She said she can make up a number for the months, but it won't help as there is no exact number!!!!!!

The immigration officer was nice and efficient.They have a small office for taking pictures, so took pictures for the EAD and also had the fingerprint taken in the card for EAD and came back.

I'll check with my attorney to see if they had sent a letter informing her of case transfer. Thanks for the info.

Visit to Harford USCIS

I went to Hartford INS this morning. I had carried almost all the papers I had so far gotten from INS.

My wife and I had different appointment times but they let us go together. It took us more than 45 minutes before we met the immgrations information officer. She was very polite and professional. She gave both of us temporary EAD without any hassel. So we got our EAD after 74th day. Getting the temporary card almost took more time than the time with the officer. For EAD she asked me to provide the I-485 TD receipt, Old EAD card and Biometric Fingerprint notice. I thanked her to make our holidays good!

So this proves the theory that they do give EAD documents if you walk in. It may differ from officer to officer, but there is no hard and fast rule that you cant not get before the 91st day.

On I-485 front I got the same standard reply, please wait. I dont want to give you any number about how many months.

I-485
ND 10/07/2002
1st FP 12/03/2002
2nd FP 6/30/2004
3rd FP 10/02/2004
4th FP 10/12/2004 !!!
1st EAD and AP ND 10/07/2004
1s EAD and AP Approved 11/16/2002
2nd EAD 09/15/2003
2nd EAD Approved 10/07/2003
3rd EAD 09/23/2004, Temporary EAD issued 12/08/04
I485 TD 06/18/2004 waiting for interview

Mike

2 questions regarding stamping at Hartford

My wife and I will go to Harford for stamping next week. I know we can take photos at Room_456 for the price of $11.00/2 photos.

Do I need to go to the office earlier to have the photos taken? Some folks mentioned that they only let you in 15 minutes before your scheduled time. I wonder if we have enough time to do this. Any experience?

Another questions is my wife's scheduled time is 30 minutes later than mine, can we go inside together to save some time?

Thanks.

Colormix

This is the first time I'm reading a post from you. I'm curious to know how long did it take for you to get an appointment for interview after your case was transferred? And what was your receipt date?

Janannwill,

Actually in my case I did not get transfered at all. I applied I-485 in January 2003 in Vermont Center and got approved this month. So I need to go to Hartford office to do the stamping.

I post my questions here because it is Hartford related. And hope someone can share his/her stamping experience with me.

ColorMix

Congratulations on your approval!

As I indicated in my experience, Hartford Immigration experience was good. My wife I had an hours difference but they let us go together and immgration officer also let us do the same. I dont think that if you go there at 10:45 then it will matter. In my case we had to wait almost 45-50 minutes before we were able to talk to immigration officer. I think they let you take picture there and it may be more convenient.

Wish you all the best! Have happy holidays!

Mike

ColorMix

It may help other people waiting for their turn if you would share you brief history of your case. I meant what category your case was etc..

Mike

Thank you for your reply. Here is my information:

Category: Outstanding Researcher
Concurrent filing:

RD: 01/08/03
1st FP: 02/08/03
140 AD: 08/17/04
2nd FP: 10/29/04
485 AD: 11/10/04
stamping: 12/15/04

There is always one motto I keep and that is Treat others as you would want to be treated. maybe due to the huge complaints in the way immigration officers are treating 2 nd class humans (ouselves as they believe we are) they have had to clean up there manners.

Any cases got transferred to hartford prior to June 2004 (TD) and still waiting ?
Gpt_Amit please update on your interview date and status on the interview. Also appreciate if you can publish the documentations INS requested in the interview letter !!

:mad:

Hartford transfer

INS ask me to bring
1. Employment Letter
2. Tax return
3. Latest Salary slip

EAC-02-210-5XXXX
TD 06/20/2004

Thanks gpt_amit. All the best for your interview. Let us know how did it go ?

This CT-Transfer thread is awefully quiet -- probably because of only a few of us are waiting for the interview letter. I checked on the USCIS website for the HARTFORD INS processing date -- it is still showing Feb 1st 2004. God knows when will they move for a change !!

Please post/list all the cases pending interview at Hartford ?

1. Anindya / PIBO - 11/23/04 - Hartford TD (RD - 11/30/04)
2. gpt_AMIT
3. Mike_Metal
4. ??

1. Anindya / PIBO - 11/23/04 - Hartford TD (RD - 11/30/04)
2. gpt_AMIT
3. Mike_Metal
4. FH_MIET - 11/16/04 - Hartford TD (I485 ND 07/03/2003 EB3)

Last edited by a moderator: