Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

Spoke to my lawyer the other day processing dates changed he said there is no order in processing on transferred cases I am now in Hartford a year so I wrote a letter to Lieberman. lets hope he can do something.

Local office transfer to Hartford CT

Has anyone heard from Hartford lately? I would like to get an estimate of how long they send interview letter.

RD 11/29/02
Transfer Date: Aug. 18/ 04

I have not even gotton a letter advising me that the case was transfered to Hartford. Got email from USCIS that's it. I have not heard anything further.

I wish I could tell you but as far as I know they are just picking cases at random I have been in there 1 year already.

imawaiting said:
I wish I could tell you but as far as I know they are just picking cases at random I have been in there 1 year already.

hi imawaiting,

got a copy of notice of status inquiry with the date showing that hartford office got the notice from ins when i called 2 weeks ago to follow up, the notice just says that they (hartford office) will check my case,,,, don't know what to expect then.. did you try this before?

i485 nd 08/25/03
transfer date - 06/15/04
1st fp- 08/24/04

any comments?

thanks.

edvtorres

I have never ran a status enquiry because I was under the impression it took 12 months to process through Hartford, but obviously in doing that it is of no help as they only have told you it is in HArtford. they have stopped processing 485 and supporting applications in Hartford they automatically send them onto MSC so they should just be dealing with the transfers for interview but how long a backlog there is no one knows !!! looking through this whole transfer forum interview notice was taking upto 16 months at one point but the majority was interviewed in or around 1 year.
Lets hope they get there finger out ..
Good Luck

Status Inquiry on case

I also did the status inquiry on my case by calling uscis 1800 #. That was of no use as they wrote to tell me the same thing that I'm asking them. Your case has been transferred to our office in hartford. Please direct all inquiries to this office in Hartfors CT. That is so dumb! I guess We'll just have to wait.
I'm really trying not to stress myself too much. Imaging after waiting so long at vsc to have to wait here again is unbearable. Last summer my little sister died in Jamaica and I could not go home. The wait is just too hard to bear but I'm really trying so hard to be patient and trust God.

I'm so sorry to hear that the prob is when you want it so bad it takes 4ever we had a big family wedding in MAy 04 the only ones who wasn't there was us we was hoping to get it to go home for xmas but we have rescheduled our plans it don't look like anytime soon but I have given up there is no information on HArtford its all a matter of how lucky you are I guess so I have just put it to the back of my mind.
it will come when it comes.

Your so right. Anyway let's keep praying. God will not give us more than we can bear even though it seems so unbearable. Let's pray even harder. :)

Made appointment to see Immigration officer

I made an appointment to see an officer at Hartford on Tuesday. I'll post the outcome when I get back. Just anxious and curious to see what I would hear. Hopefully good news and nothing upsetting.

Hi Jannanwil

I know someone had been into Hartford their case was transferred June 04 this is what they wrote in Sept: I think it was gpt amit who went.

My case was transfered on June 2004. Last week i took a appointment and went to hartford office to find out the status of my application. Officer told me it's going to take another 6 month to bring up this case for interview

EAC-02-210-5XXXX
FP1 08/01/2002
FP2 02/23/2004
TD 06/22/2004

The letter I got from the senator office was asking them to look into my case that I have been waiting 1 year they want a full report on the status of my case and to expeditiously make us an interview for AOS

Really wish you all the best

I Really hope you will get a favourable response. It must be so hard for you waiting a whole year. Your patience is really worth honoring.

went to hartford

Hi All:

I went to Hartford this morning to check on our case and was told that the case will not be schedule for interview befoe another year. I asked if the date for processing on the internet is family based oe employment based. I also ask do you operate by transfer date or RD. The officer was so confused and kept on saying we have stock and stock of boxes of transferred cases here from vermont. Everyone will have to wait their turn. Like I said in a previous post. We'll just have to wait. :

thats why I gave you the info so it would soften the blow it was upto 16 months at one point but it seems the files are transferring constantly this year the unfortunate part is the wait I know hwo you feel I have suffered the past year and the worst part is the not knowing what is happening at Hartford maybe give it 6 months then try writing to a senator thats all I can tell you. It seems that they are starting to transfer all cases now so it is going to back them up even more I hope that somewhere district offices will have to catch up with service centre's but i will keep you posted with info on my case status. and visa versa
you must remember to give yourself plenty of time to renew your EAD as they pass it onto MSC who was taking 4 months I filed in april 27 approved sept 9 .

OK now I am really tired of this my online message told me that my case was transferred Oct 2003 according to feedback to the senator they didnot receive our file until Aug 04 so we have to wait 1 year for our interview so where has our case been sitting for the past months????????????????????????????????????????

HOW LONG DOES A CASE TAKE TO TRANSFER FROM VSC TO HARTFORD??

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so ridiculous

This is such a joke. They really don't want us here in this country. I really can't believe they have been sitting on your case that long without doing a thing. It doesn't take that long. mine was transferred Aug. 18, 04 and Hartford told me on tuesday that they received it on August 23, 04. So someone is really smoking over there in Hartford. It is just so disgusting. However, though hard it may be, keep your chin up.

don't worry everyone is now on my case I will get to the bottom of where my case has been for the previous 10 months they will not know what has hit them by the time I have finished...

You go girl. I'm with you all the way. It's about time someone teach them a valuable lesson. It is just disgusting the way they treat people like dogs.

07/03/2003 ND case transferred to Hartford

My case (07/03/2003 ND, EB3) transferred to Hartford on 11/16/2004.
Unlucky. One more (I hope) year to wait.