Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

imawaiting said:
does that mean only the application for 765 gets transferred or the whole file 485??
Only the I765...for processing and the I485 will be approved at the Hartford Service Center and a interview also will take place there.That is what I heard.

imawaiting,

I am afraid that your file is in Hartford or not.
Dec. 2003, web page said my I-485 transferred VSC to Hartford and also my lawyer got same letter from VSC. But when I went to Hartford Jan. 2004. They checked computer and found out my case never transferred to Hartford but MSC. I applied EAD and AP to Hartford (Dec. 2003) I (also lawyer) believed I must file to Hartford. That time Hartford process I-765, I-131 at there and Hartford requested my I-485 to MSC for process I-131. This time actually my file transferred to Hartford. (Maybe around Feb. 2004)
This time my family's file were still VSC. My daughter and myself got AP Feb. 2004. My wife not. Then we visited Hartford for her AP status. Receptionist said we no longer process EAD, AP here so we can have any information. But we applied Dec. 2003, she gave me number card and asked at the window. He check my bank statement and issued her AP soon. And I asked him about my I-485. He said "we will keep my I-485 or send back to MSC". I did not know after that. But recently, I got interview letter so maybe he kept my file. But no family's name. Then my lawyer find out my family's file transferred Hartford very recently. Then lawyer sent mail by FedEx for asking joint interview. If you have time, please check your status at Hartford. Information of web and INS computer is defferent. I and my family's I-485 status did not show current status. Mine said still :On Dec 2003 we.... to Hartford". Family's "On April we transferred....MSC.." . Also I call NSC, they alwas said same word as web page.

Thank you Tata and Tangota I was starting to get worried that the case had now joined MSC backlog which seems to have no end and answers.

on my online message it changed on Nov 2003 to tell me that our 3 cases had been transferred to hartford on Oct 31st 03 and it hasn't changed since I wasn't sure if it would get a new case # but I never really heard from the transfer.

The EAD my lawyer filed not sure if it was done via online or mail but it obviously went to MSC and we went for our biometrics and awaiting approval
we are now 9 months into our transfer so I am hoping that we should have an interview soon.

tangonta said:
Tata2003,

Is this mean iEAD right?
I am sorry Tangonta...I did not mean "iEAD" but "EAD" (765).
We are going away(vacation to Florida) tomorrow morning and we'll be back 7/18.I will get back here then.
Good Bye.
Have a good weekend.

Just wondering if anyone has applied for EAD through Hartford they are now transferring them to hte national benefits centre and that has just been updated to feb 2004 mine is April 2004 and my old one expires at the end of month are they taking the 30 - 90 days or are they making backlogs here as well???

Case Got Transferred

My Family's and my case got transferred to Hartford, today.
RD 2/27/03
TD 7/14/04
Is there any link to view the current processing dates of transferred cases in Hartford office?
Roughly how many months does it take now a days to receive an interview date?
I switched jobs and didn't submit AC21 (possibly that could be the reason for transfer?) and I have only copy of I-140 approval. Will that do?
Please shower some info......

SB

Hartford is all over at the moment there is no sense into there interviews I have been transferred 9 months it is saying they are processing MAy 1st 2003 good luck to you.
on the home page there is a link for district office processing times look up Hartford it is about due to update any day now..

Does ANybody know the Fax # to Hartford office a letter was mailed to them on behalf of us from a british MP and they also want to fax it to make sure they got it or is there any other way I can find out if they received it. any help appreciated..

I went Hartford for interview today

You know how unlucky this morning (from last night).
It was big blackout around Hartford area. I could not sleep well this morning.
But BCIS was open and did interview.
I hard from attorney, from last Friday BCIS computer has any problem and could not check back ground. So people who my attorney accompanied could not PPS. This morning he said same.

I went BCIS around 11:15 and wait aroud 1hr. I had oath and my attorney give my original documents and its copy.
EVL and tax, EAD (all: last 3), AP (All: last 3), I-94
Officer asked
Do I have only one kid?
What is old employer?
Did you withdraw application? (I withdrew EB-2NIW).
Then he stamped our PP.
Looks Back ground check by BCIS was done at that time.
He was very nice person. He checked all application page by page.
It took 20min. Then went FP. Just sign and FP on empty paper (we did not write any name and address). He stapled interview letter. I wonder if he can recognize wich is mine and wife?
Thank you very much for lots of very useful information.

CamSreeni, Mr. Chapple is nice attorney.
imawaiting, please contact to Hartford more often.

tangonta

A big Congratulations to you, after all the ups and downs of the day
I called HArtford but they were unhelpful I will try again
Thanks
put your feet up and enjoy.....

did you ever call HArtford was they helpful what information did you give and what did you ask what # did you call I ahve a 1 860 240 3050 is this right???
thanks for any advice

Last edited by a moderator:
imawaiting,

I never call by myself. My lawyer called to....maybe 1-800-375-late then transferred?? I am not sure how. But I visited several times and find out my status and fixed my wife's AP problem. I know it is so pain to wait from early morning but you will have more information. If you have a time you had better go directly. And 2-3 times I asked via congresswoman office to contact. Her office person give to me copy of E-mail that she got from congress section at MSC. Addition, my lawyer send letter to Hartford via FedEx to reqest interview with family (used to only my name in interview letter). Please keep continue to contact more directly.
If you live in New Haven area congresswoman is very good.

tangonta

you are not alone!

I am not too far behind you. My case was transferred to Hartford on 5/18.

Did second FP on 6/30

What is the usual time period for Hartford to get interview date?

Mike

Case transfered to Hartford on 08/11/2004

Our case has been transfered to HARTFORD on 08/11/2004, My I-485 RD is 07/05/02. Looking at the Hartford processing times they are processing cases with Receipt date of June 2003, so does this mean we can expect our interview in the next couple of months.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
RD 07/05/2002
REF: Ack at BCIS 06/14/2004
Tdate to Hartford: 08/11/2004