Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

I got invitation letter from Hartford today.

RD:03/2002
T/D:12/2003
I/D:07/2004

I thought interview will be end of year or next year.

tangonta

Transferred to Hartford after 21 months

I saw the online message changed yesterday. My case has been transferred to Harford local office.

Does this means I have to wait another 1-2 years?

What is the average normal waiting time at Hartford. I have to go for second finger prints today.

What is the nornal process, documents requirement and what are the questions asked by the IIO? What are the chances of rejection?

My case is EB2, AC21, just changed job to NY, does this screw up the case?
I-140 AP 5/28/03
I485 RD 10/07/02
Second EAD 11/03

Will I need third EAD renewal?

Gurus, Please reply.

Thanks
Mike :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to be taking around 12 months at HArtford I am 8 months into my transfer and have had no 2nd FP yet I applied for my 3rd EAD April 27th 2004 and that is yet to be approved I was hoping that it may have triggered some movement in my case but don't seem that way.
its kinda hard to track it in here as there is not many and pretty much all has got interviews.

RD 06/2002
3 EADS
TD 10/2003
AP hoping sometime between now and Dec
Biometrics 5/2004

Do you know any good attorney in Hartford area?
My current attorney office located in DC. If I ask them they will charge a lot because long trip.
tangonta

reddmark - how did you get the case transferred

Hi reddmark,

Your signature says your case was transferred from Philly to Hartford local office. How did you get that transferred? My wife's case also got tranferred to Hartford in spite of us informing and USCIS confirming our address change from CT to NJ. How do I get the case transferred from Hartford to Newark?Please let me know.
I also request any others who has similar experience to give some inputs. I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ataknev

Hi tangonta,

We took the help of Wayne Chapple. He is very close to the INS office..less than a min walk. He was good. If you want, you can contact him..860 525 3000.

All the best.
Make it a great day

Hi CamSreeni,

Thank you very much for your input.
I will contact to him. Looks office located only 2-3 blocks from CIS Hartford. It is very nice.
Thanks again. I must well prepare documents. Did you bring I-140 application documents? Not only application form. Like any attachment?

tangonta

Dec 2001 case approved after interview

Our cases approved after the interview at Hartford local office. The officer was nice. He asked following questions.

How long you are working with this employer
Employment Letter(kept the copy)
Tax Returns(kept the copies)
Did you travel out of the country after I485 filing
Kid birth certifcate
Are you ever arrested for anything

Stamped our passports.

Our case transferred from VSC to Phily and then to Hartford. Let me know if you need addtional info.

reddmark said:
Our cases approved after the interview at Hartford local office. The officer was nice. He asked following questions.

How long you are working with this employer
Employment Letter(kept the copy)
Tax Returns(kept the copies)
Did you travel out of the country after I485 filing
Kid birth certifcate
Are you ever arrested for anything

Stamped our passports.

Our case transferred from VSC to Phily and then to Hartford. Let me know if you need addtional info.

Congratulations!
I will have interview in 2 weeks.
If you do not mind please tell detail.
And I have a question.
1. How long time before did you be there?
2. Did you go room 421 directly? I do not know room 421, is this place where receptionist is there. (regular windows for questions about pending case etc.?)
3. What is mean immigration examinar #?
4. How long time totally?

Thanks for your help.

tangonta

Response - 20/30 mins ok. We went 20mins before.

2. Did you go room 421 directly? I do not know room 421, is this place where receptionist is there. (regular windows for questions about pending case etc.?)
Response - Yes, you go to 421. You have to give your interview letter to receptionist. You will see her the moment you enter the 421.

Response - There are tons of officers doing interviews. My be they are not sure which one will be available. I think that's why they put examinar#.

Response - Total time was around 70mins. 20mins with the officer for interview rest of them waiting and finger printing.

reddmark said:
Response - 20/30 mins ok. We went 20mins before.

Response - Yes, you go to 421. You have to give your interview letter to receptionist. You will see her the moment you enter the 421.

Response - There are tons of officers doing interviews. My be they are not sure which one will be available. I think that's why they put examinar#.

Response - Total time was around 70mins. 20mins with the officer for interview rest of them waiting and finger printing.

Thanks reddmark,

Your information is so useful.
Enjoy your life.

tangonta

Hi tangonta,

All the best for your interview. We could not take the I140 orginal..took only copy. He never asked for it.

Congrats!!! reddmark. Enjoy ur life..

My wife got here plastic card after the approval just in 2 weeks. I am still waiting for it. Its alomost 3 months now.

Hi CamSreeni,

Thanks.
Today I got 2nd interview letter (revised?). This time all my family's name are there. My lawyer sent mail to Hartford to add my family member for interview.

tangonta

am I the only one left here waiting for
Interview date and FP2 and EAD 3 approval
RD VSC 06/2002
FP1 07/2002
TD 10/31/03
AP??????
EAD3
RD 04/2004
ND 05/2004
AP..????

Hi imawaiting,

For my family's interview request, my lawyer sent letter to Hartford by FedEx.
I think local office are more flexible than service cente. Please try this.

Thanks for the info I know we have a friend who is a MP in scotland and his reps have sent a letter and also is going to call maybe that will move something but if we have no success from that then I will contact my lawyer. not that she does anything. it seems you pay them all the money but end up doing all the researching and chasing up yourselves.

Any Ideas I was just reading on the USCIS website that as of Feb 2004 HArtford no longer accepts 485 applications if they are filed there then they are forwarded onto chicago IL and then sent back for interview schedule, also application that is part of 485 process ie 765 are forwarded on any ideas.. is this why my EAD case number starts with MSC ???whats going on

Adjustment of Status
Special Filing Instructions for the Filing of Form I-485

Form I-693 for the medical examination is required when filing Form I-485, as well as an affidavit of support, I-864, with an original employment letter.
Any relevant forms for adjustment of status such as Forms I-310, I-765, I-131, or I-864 should be filed jointly with Form I-485.
Please note effective February 13, 2004, this office will no longer process I-130/I-485 applications or any application submitted in conjunction with an I-485. This includes I-765 employment applications and I-131 travel permission applications. We will accept applications, by mail or in person, with fees attached and forward them daily to the National Benefit Center in Chicago, Illinois for processing. You will receive a filing receipt from that office within 21 days. All employment documents and travel documents will be mailed directly to you from the National Benefit Center. Residency interviews will still be conducted locally once the case is transferred back to this office. Any employment or parole applications for cases currently pending here must also be sent by us to Chicago.