Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

Interview on 19th April and passport stamped with I-551 for 1 year.
YES ......
WEe got our interview letter (one letter for myself and wife) on 15th'2004.
As camsreeni and i mentioned, the list was same for the documents.
We entered at 9.55 AM and cane out after 15 minutes.
She was a nice officer, asked for EAD, AP documents and kept with her.
Asked for 2003 tax papers and kept copy of federal tax.
Asked for Payslips and kept 6 month copy of payslips.
Asked for Passports and kept the copy of passports.
Asked for My daughter passport/Birth certificate and kept copy of it.
Asked for driving licence, photo ID card of my wife and Bank statements. Kept the copy of bank stat.

Finally she said, I will provide U permanent residence and stamp your passport. This stamp will be vaild for 1 year. You can travel and work with this stamp Now.
Asked us to provide fingerprints for card in another office and finally DONE .....

Question: How much time plastic cards use to take to come in general ?
How long you can go out of this country, if any restriction ?

Congratulations to you ..

unfortunately I am only into 6 months of my transferred case so I guess I have 4ever to go I just applied for my 3rd EAD renewal which is due to expire the beginning of July

does there look like any light at the end of this tunnel!!

RD 6/18/2002
TD 10/31/2003

AD along way away..

Congratulations to you ..

unfortunately I am only into 6 months of my transferred case so I guess I have 4ever to go I just applied for my 3rd EAD renewal which is due to expire the beginning of July

does there look like any light at the end of this tunnel!!

RD 6/18/2002
TD 10/31/2003

AD along way away..

Congrats RDP....

Great news...When, we got it stamped..they said...it will take anytime from 6 to 9 months. But we have reced card for my wife in less than 3 weeks after stamping. I am expecting mine very soon. We got it stamped on Mar'23, 2004 at Hartford.

All the best.

Please check processing time of Hartford.
If this is true, it is very good news.
I-485 Apr 01, 2003
4 months moved from one month ago

processing time

Hi tangonta
do the processing dates mentioned for local office reflect the transfer dates or the original dates of application at service center. eg for hartford, if it says april 2003 then those who were transferred before april 2003 will get interviews or all those who had applied to vsc before april 2003.
I am getting confused as I too got this honor :mad: of being transferred after being in the incubator for 2 years.

ag28 said:
Hi tangonta
do the processing dates mentioned for local office reflect the transfer dates or the original dates of application at service center. eg for hartford, if it says april 2003 then those who were transferred before april 2003 will get interviews or all those who had applied to vsc before april 2003.
I am getting confused as I too got this honor :mad: of being transferred after being in the incubator for 2 years.

When I visited Hartford and asked them. They said transfer date. Unfair.

It seems to me that the cases are being dealt with as they are received into the transferred office which mine was transferred oct 31st 2003 so that is now my new RD it was good to see the jump from dec to april but calculations show that it means they are working on 1 month of cases in 1 month so mine is in october so in theory it should take 7 more months making the total waiting time 12 months which is improvement from 16months but things never work out that way with the INS so I wouldn't bank on it but who knows keep up the speed :cool:

PD April 2001
RD VSC June 2002 (485)
TD OCt 31st 2003
just applied for 3rd EAD APRIL 22nd old one expires in July
haven't heard a thing or know which office lawyer has filed in
Local MP from Scotland has written to Lieberman not that it will do anything!!

OK we received a letter for notice of action via the lawyer telling us we have to go for our 2nd fingerprints I called the CIS and made the appointment we just applied for our 3rd EAD that must have triggered off the fact we need 2nd fingerprints but the thing I do not understand is the receipt number is MSC 04 I have read a couple of threads and one person states he asked the CIS what this mean't was he transferred to Missouri and she said no it means you are still in NYC which is his local office I am hoping this is true and that our case and not been transferred yet again anybody received a notice with MSC case info but are at HArtford ???

RD June 2002
1st EAD July 2002
1st fingerprint 24th July 2002
2nd EAD July 2003
case transferred Oct 2003
3rd EAD applied April 27th 2004
2nd fingerprint scheduled for 21st may 2004 (Friday)
is it still along wait after 2nd fingerprint?? or is this a good sign

Hi imawaiting

The fact that you had received a MSC # is fine,that is a normal proceed.You still going to have you interview in Hartford and your file is still there.
Now,the notice of action that you received after applied for your 3rd EAD.
Is it a "2nd Fingerprint" notice or "Biometrics" notice? (which means digital,fingerprint,photo and signature)

PS:They called me for biometrics when I applied for my 3rd EAD.I am still waiting for my 2nd FP notice.My 1st one was done more than 25 months ago.
RD:02/01/2002
ND:02/15/2002
TD:01/06/2003=from VSC to NYC
3 EADs,1 FP,no RFE.

Thank you for clearing that up the lawyer said fingerprints but it is the Biometrics
so is this a new thing why do biometrics more waste of time..

Hi

They are asking people to do that now when applying for 3rdEAD...Just to check your ID...The only thing that will be different from your last 2 EADs is that now you are going to have the prints of your finger on it.
You still need to receive a notice for 2nd FP.I am still waiting for mine.
I did that biometrics last january for my 3rd EAD and received the card in the mail 2 weeks later.Lets hope we do not have to apply for our 4th EAD!!!!!Keep your fingers crossed.

Platic cards

CamSreeni said:
Congrats RDP....

Great news...When, we got it stamped..they said...it will take anytime from 6 to 9 months. But we have reced card for my wife in less than 3 weeks after stamping. I am expecting mine very soon. We got it stamped on Mar'23, 2004 at Hartford.

All the best.

Me and MY wife got plastic cards. But Problem is they used middle initial in my wife's plastic card.
Question: How to rectify this issue with Hartford office, Any Idea ?

I got interview letter from Hartford local office. Its for both(myself & wife) of us. Interview letter says kids are not allowed and we have 18mths old kid. Can I request the officer to do the interview seperately so that one of us can watch the kid in the waiting area. Help needed please.

I heard something about that I have a 8 year old and a 18 month old I got transferred to Hartford in oct 03 and haven't heard a thing from them!! there has been a few asking about this question but no real answers have come about I think there was one person Kannel who was querying it and he may have been for his interview already he had a separate thread in the case transferred asking about it..

tangonta said:
Please check processing time of Hartford.
If this is true, it is very good news.
I-485 Apr 01, 2003
4 months moved from one month ago

hi tangonta,

just have a quick question, got an email from uscis that they transferred my i485 last june 09, 2004 to hartford, ct local office after they approved my i140 last june 2, 2004,,,,, my original notice date is 08/25/2003..... but with that date showing on the processing date for hartford local office,,, which is now, may, 2003 as an update,,,,,,, is hartford processing applications based on original notice date or based on date when application was transferred? (june 09, 20045 as opposed to 08/25/2003),,, which is which?

please let me be clarrified...

thanks for the reply.

edvtorres

Hi edvtorres,

When I visited Hartford, they said transfer date. So now around one year waiting time. But much better than before. Waiting time was more than 14 months.
Some people have interview much earlier.
They likes unfair stuff.
Good luck to edvtorres.

tangonta

tangonta said:
Hi edvtorres,

When I visited Hartford, they said transfer date. So now around one year waiting time. But much better than before. Waiting time was more than 14 months.
Some people have interview much earlier.
They likes unfair stuff.
Good luck to edvtorres.

tangonta

thanks for the reply tangonta,

well, seems you're right, so i have to wait like one year or more then,,,,

would have been fun it was the original notice date,, well, that's life anyway... thanks again for the information.

edvtorres

Any news out of Hartford I noticed the date had changed to may 2003 so I have 5 more months of cases until they hit Oct 03 fingers crossed they keep it moving as good, still waiting on 3rd EAD approval the old one expires July 7th 2004
RD 27th april
ND MAy 13th
biometrics May 21st
how many are left in here pending interview in HArtford it seems to have gone quiet time to count I think.

#1PD April 2001
485 RD June 2002
fingerprint July 2002
TD Oct 2003
awaiting 3rd EAD