Interview Preparation

Congratulations John !
I was eagerly waiting for your post.

Al,
I am picking up banana nut bread on the way home from office today :D

Congrats John. Time to celebrate now. :D:D
Do not claim yourself to be USC till the time you take Oath. You never know that person may be under cover USCIS agent :eek::eek:
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for all the congratulatory messages. Oh yes, one more step to go! Sunk, I will not make the mistake of referring myself as a USC before the oath. Like someone said in one of the post in this forum calling yourself a USC before oath even after passing interview is making one's biggest mistake in life :):) Its like someone running a 10,000 kilometer race and then breaking his/her leg at 5 meters before the finishing line :eek: :eek: :(

My wife was going to make cake for me (that's very sweet of her) but I requested she waits till after the oath ceremony. I am sure the cake will be sweeter if I am looking at my certificate of naturalization one the side while I enjoy the hmmm declicious cake of my wife. I am hungry now, talk to you guys later.

Sunk and bhask, best wishes next week!!

How to Correctly Answer Civics/Govt questions

Sorry if I missed the answer to my question in a previous post but I was wondering if anybody could share some insight into how to correctly answer the questions where there are several correct answers provided:
Example:
Q: What does the Constitution do?
A: Sets up the government, defines the government, protects the basic rights of Americans

Is the correct answer one of the three options or do I need to say all three? They all say the same but are slightly different.

In some of the other questions, the possible answers are defintely not synonyms, such as
Q:What is the rule of law?
A: Everyone must follow the lay, leaders must obey the law, Government must obey the law, no one is above the law

Do I just need to memorize/answer one of these or all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know my interview is a couple of weeks away but I want to be as prepared as possible.

Sorry if I missed the answer to my question in a previous post but I was wondering if anybody could share some insight into how to correctly answer the questions where there are several correct answers provided:
Example:
Q: What does the Constitution do?
A: Sets up the government, defines the government, protects the basic rights of Americans

Is the correct answer one of the three options or do I need to say all three? They all say the same but are slightly different.

In some of the other questions, the possible answers are defintely not synonyms, such as
Q:What is the rule of law?
A: Everyone must follow the lay, leaders must obey the law, Government must obey the law, no one is above the law

Do I just need to memorize/answer one of these or all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know my interview is a couple of weeks away but I want to be as prepared as possible.

if you feel nervous..use all them in your answers. but usually 1 is enough.

One of the answers is just enough. Use the CD that came with the book and play it in your car!. After a day or two, you would know all the answers :):D

oath

Updating my timeline: received my oath letter, now its count down to the oath ceremony day, A little below 2 million seconds to becoming a USC!! :D :D :D To the rest of you still waiting on USCIS at whatever level you are with your application, I wish you the very best and as much speedy processing you require.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Updating my timeline: received my oath letter, now its count down to the oath ceremony day, A little below 2 million seconds to becoming a USC!! :D :D :D To the rest of you still waiting on USCIS at whatever level you are with your application, I wish you the very best and as much speedy processing you require.

Cheers!!!

Congrats John.
I am following your steps. Eagerly waiting for the interview in 3 days. I hope it goes well.

Congrats John.
I am following your steps. Eagerly waiting for the interview in 3 days. I hope it goes well.

I wish you the best tomorrow. I am sure you are going to do great!!! Relax, and be calm and if your DO is like mine, you will be outta there in less than 15 mins!!

Anyway, I wish you the best, cheers!!! Come back and share your experience with us so that we can rejoice with you and others can learn.

Take kia or honda :D :D

John

SAE ..u lined up everything ? Good luck with it tomorrow!

Like I told SEA, I wish you also the best tomorrow. I am sure you are going to do great!!! Relax, and be calm. I hope you get your oath tomorrow as well.

Anyway, I wish you the best, cheers!!! Come back and share your experience with us so that we can rejoice with you and others can learn. It will be a good idea if you would share your entire timeline with us :cool:

Take kia or honda

John

P.S what do I do with the salt eh? :)

Taking oath in about 90 minutes.

Would post interview experience later.
I had not mentioned any traffic tickets. IO asked me to mention the tickets on the application and he took the court desposition.

BTW, his name is Joe.
He asked me who is vice president of US.
Then he said don't mess with Joe :)

TheFree, I know you are in the room. Just don't who are you.
I am the guy from India in Brown jacket.