Interview Preparation

Sunks:

Congrats. With the looks of things, me, bhask, you and your wife may all end up doing our oath at the same time come December 18th. I am sure by now especially with your wife's experience, you know what to do to walk over the interview.

And then maybe you will throw a pre-oath party as the last one joining the Dec oath if you indeed get that date...just kidding for the party but really I wish you and your wife can join me and bhask for the Dec oath ceremony so that you can enjoy your Christmas holiday or whatever it is you celebrate as a citizen of the US.

Cheers!!!!!

Hey Free and Sea, congrats to you both. I rejoice with you. Please dont forget to invite me to your parties and include the plane ticket :D :D

Now, dont be strangers, check this site once in a while in case you might read someone who could use your help. I plan to do same after I am done with my citizenship.

Best wishes!!!

Hey Free and Sea, congrats to you both. I rejoice with you. Please dont forget to invite me to your parties and include the plane ticket :D :D

Now, dont be strangers, check this site once in a while in case you might read someone who could use your help. I plan to do same after I am done with my citizenship.

Best wishes!!!

Thanks John. I have become active on other forums like visa and Green Card to see where can I help, now that immigration anxiety is over.

We are looking forward to 18 Dec when you become USC.

Are you sure, you want to fly to rainy,gloomy Seattle?
Let's go to Florida or maybe South America after getting passports.

Sunks:

Congrats. With the looks of things, me, bhask, you and your wife may all end up doing our oath at the same time come December 18th. I am sure by now especially with your wife's experience, you know what to do to walk over the interview.

And then maybe you will throw a pre-oath party as the last one joining the Dec oath if you indeed get that date...just kidding for the party but really I wish you and your wife can join me and bhask for the Dec oath ceremony so that you can enjoy your Christmas holiday or whatever it is you celebrate as a citizen of the US.

Cheers!!!!!

Thanks John. I know interview process for my wife went through in no time. I sincerely hope that she gets letter for oath on 18th as that way we can file PP for her and our daughter that day or else it will be a long wait. I am not sure with ID of 12/09, what will be chances to get Oath date of 12/18 since DO does not give oath letter after Interview and it comes in mail, which may take at least a week or so. With my recent experience of not getting original ID, it is even more scarry :mad::mad:. I will keep you updated.

Thanks John. I have become active on other forums like visa and Green Card to see where can I help, now that immigration anxiety is over.

We are looking forward to 18 Dec when you become USC.

Are you sure, you want to fly to rainy,gloomy Seattle?
Let's go to Florida or maybe South America after getting passports.

It's funny you mentioned Florida...that was where I had my last vacation. I went to Orlando. Before I came here, I had thought I was going to live in Florida but plans changed, oh well. I actually have plans to travel to some places next year. Nigeria home country of course, China and maybe a tour of western Europe. I definitely would be going to Aruba and the Bahamas. I probably would exhaust all my dividend miles (and then accumulate new ones in the process) :D :D . I want to experience what it is like to travel to some countries as an American citizen (when I eventually become one...I need to cover my butt cos I dont want to make a mistake of referring myself as a citizen until after oath ceremony of course).

So hows life as a citizen, any particualr changes?

Thanks John. I know interview process for my wife went through in no time. I sincerely hope that she gets letter for oath on 18th as that way we can file PP for her and our daughter that day or else it will be a long wait. I am not sure with ID of 12/09, what will be chances to get Oath date of 12/18 since DO does not give oath letter after Interview and it comes in mail, which may take at least a week or so. With my recent experience of not getting original ID, it is even more scarry :mad::mad:. I will keep you updated.

Well one thing we have learnt or solidify in this country (I know I have) is to be optimistic. It takes six days from my ID to get my oath in the mail so I will say you have a big chance of getting the 12/18 date for oath. In fact, it will be really good for you to get that because it sucks to wait sometimes. Either way, I should see you on on oath day if your wife at least gets that date. Bhask did his interview on 11/23 and got same oath date and since thats the last one left this year you might just get it. I will pray you get it cos it will not be fun to wait till next year.

Have a good weekend

Best wishes!!!

Don't worry we'll get you tickets to fly on the Dreamliner as the sole passenger for testing purposes...:eek:

I promise, I will not be a stranger! I love this portal, it rocks!!! I would love to see others have the same success and thus see the new faces of America...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny you mentioned Florida...that was where I had my last vacation. I went to Orlando. Before I came here, I had thought I was going to live in Florida but plans changed, oh well. I actually have plans to travel to some places next year. Nigeria home country of course, China and maybe a tour of western Europe. I definitely would be going to Aruba and the Bahamas. I probably would exhaust all my dividend miles (and then accumulate new ones in the process) :D :D . I want to experience what it is like to travel to some countries as an American citizen (when I eventually become one...I need to cover my butt cos I dont want to make a mistake of referring myself as a citizen until after oath ceremony of course).

So hows life as a citizen, any particualr changes?

I guess the best destination would be South Africa, to watch the FIFA world cup!!!
My dual countries (Algeria and USA) have been drawn to be in same group!!!
Check the following link to see which group Nigeria is in...

http://www.fifa.com/live/competitions/worldcup/finaldraw/index.html

Here is my current Status Update:

Me and wife went for FP on 13rd Oct (Scheduled Date). Wife's staus updated on 24th Oct and IL received on 29th Oct for Interview on 30th Nov. My status finally changed on 4th Nov to Testing and Interview. But I did not get any IL. I started calling USCIS from 20th Nov but every time got to dumb Cust serv reps who kept on saying to wait for 30 days. Then came Thanks Giving Holidays. I decided to schedule infopass appointment for 30th Nov (the day my wife had Interview).

We reached DO at 9:30 for 10:30 interview of my wife as I have scheduled info pass at 9:45 AM for me. We could get hold of a good rep and good IO, who understood my situation and got hold of their counterpart at NBC. They informed me that my interview is scheduled on 9th Dec at 8:30 AM and I would be getting another IL in mail within next 3/4 days. They also said, if I do not get any thing by Monday (7th Dec), schedule another infopass for 8th Dec.

Now about my wife's interview, she was called at 10:20 and was done in 6 minutes. Showed GC and PP, civic questions asked, reading/writing and asked for any change in application (for which she said no) and then she was asked few yes/no questions from application at random (not all). She was given letter passed test and interview and wait for Oath Letter. We were out of DO by 10:30 AM. Now we are waiting for Oath letter for her. Oath in Kansas City is scheduled on 18th Dec and I hope she gets into that because I believe next oath is in Feb so that means 2 months wait, which will be very much painful.

Just now I got a call from my wife that my IL has been delivered in mail today and my Interview is scheduled for 9th Dec. So after going through rough time courtsey USCIS , I am back on track for ID on 9th Dec.

Good luck to all the friends.

Sunks:

When you go to the interview, make sure you mention that your wife is scheduled for oath on 18th and it would be a great favour if your's gets scheduled for the same day. These IOs have some powers to do that.

Good luck to you and hope to see you and johntlc on 18th. Even though I may not recognize you :)

Sunks:

When you go to the interview, make sure you mention that your wife is scheduled for oath on 18th and it would be a great favour if your's gets scheduled for the same day. These IOs have some powers to do that.

Good luck to you and hope to see you and johntlc on 18th. Even though I may not recognize you :)

Bhatsk - At this point we are waiting for Oath letter for my wife. She completed interview on Monday and looking at time line of john and yours, I am hoping that some thing should be in mail either today or Monday. I will keep you updated on that. If she is scheduled on 18th, I will bring this to attention of my interviewer on 9th. Thanks for bringing up this great point to my attention.

Sunks:

I didn't read your post completely. I thought she was already scheduled for 18th. But, I am pretty sure that's the date she will get.

When I was being interviewed, The IO asked me about my wife and if she had applied. When I said that yes, she is waiting outside to be interviewed, she put a sticky note on my file advising both of us to be scheduled for the same oath date.

Citizenship Oath Date

My oath date will be in March. Interview done in Dec. It is appear weird to me to have a oath three months after the actual interview. Is anyone know if it is possible to advance a oath date to be sooner. If yes, how to proceed?

Sunks:

I didn't read your post completely. I thought she was already scheduled for 18th. But, I am pretty sure that's the date she will get.

When I was being interviewed, The IO asked me about my wife and if she had applied. When I said that yes, she is waiting outside to be interviewed, she put a sticky note on my file advising both of us to be scheduled for the same oath date.

Bhatsk & John - Here is the update. My wife got her oath letter today. She is scheduled to take oath on 18th Dec at 12:00 Noon. I believe that is the time for you guys also. Hope to see you there.

I have my interview on Wednesday and with massive snow forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday morning, it will be a challenage to reach Kansas City DO on Wednesday before 8:30 AM. I will keep you updated.

I am sure by now you must have been done with your interview. I dont think I need to ask what the verdict is because I am confident you will pass! I beleive all we need to do now is hope that they work fast on your oath so that you can join your wife to complete the naturalization process come Dec 18. If you dont mind, share your experience with us.

Take care

Interview Completed - Approved

Hi Friends,

Here is my experience for USC interview scheduled for today morning.

My appointment was for 8:30 AM and with rain/snow storms going on in KC Area for last 30 hours or so, we (me and my wife) decided to leave home at 6:30 am. Fortunately the roads were not so bad, though traffic was very slow. We reached DO at 7:55 AM (normal drive time is about 45 minutes). When we walked in for security check, the security person recognized us and enquired why we are back again so soon (we were there on 30th Nov for my wife's interview). We explained him the situation and he wished us good luck. So it was a good beginning.

I dropped my interview letter in the box and started waiting. I was called for interview at 8:10 by a lady IO. She enquired how we reached so early and I explained her about weather problem and all that and she agreed and said that she also left her home 30 minutes earlier. She told me to take Oath, which I did and asked for GC and PP. She verified name, dob and some other things and then started with civics test. Here are the questions I was asked:

1. What is the name of the national anthem?
2. Why does flag has 13 stripes?
3. What ocean is on the West Coast?
4. What is the rule of Law?
5. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?
Sorry, I can't remeber the 6th question.

I was asked to read "How many U.S. Senators are there?"
I was asked to write " We have 100 senators in the United States".

Then she went through my application and enquired/verified almost each and every item in the appliocation. When she enquired about citation, I told her that I had one, which was mentioned in the application. I said I have court's certified copy. She said that it will not affect any thing but she would keep it in my file to complete the records. When she enquired about nationality of my wife, I told here that she passed interview on 30th and is now scheduled to take oath on 18th Dec. She put a sticky note on file with this info. She then asked me to sign at couple of places including photograph.

She then congratulated me on passing the test and interview and handed me a letter in this regard. She also said that she would see if I can be included in oath scheduled on 18th Dec. She then accompanied me back to the lobby where my wife was waiting to know the outcome. Whole process took about 13 minutes or so. Whereas in my wife's case whole process took about 6 minutes.

I want to thank you all for your advise, support and help from time to time. Starting with I-140, EAD, AP, I-485 and now N-400, this forum has helped me in every stage. Every member tried to help me in answering to my stupid :D:D or not so stupid questions. They helped me in clearing my doubts from time. Special thanks to my friends of KC Area john & bhatsk for all their support.

With best wishes and good luck to all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Friends,

Here is my experience for USC interview scheduled for today morning.

With best wishes and good luck to all!!

Hey man, congrats!! I am sure you will get 18th Dec Oath ceremony. Those guys at KC DO are that good :) Which means in less than 800,000 seconds :D :D (thats right, I am doing coundown in seconds!!) we would all have become USC. The good news for you is unlike me that has to wait for a month, you would have to wait for just a little over a week to get your certificate after interview. That might be a new Kansas City record (from interview to oath). I learnt my two month from mail N-400 to interview is new Kansas City record.

Anyway, rejoice and enjoy. No matter what we shall see next week Friday at Federal Court.

Cheers!!!

Hey man, congrats!! I am sure you will get 18th Dec Oath ceremony. Those guys at KC DO are that good :) Which means in less than 800,000 seconds :D :D (thats right, I am doing coundown in seconds!!) we would all have become USC. The good news for you is unlike me that has to wait for a month, you would have to wait for just a little over a week to get your certificate after interview. That might be a new Kansas City record (from interview to oath). I learnt my two month from mail N-400 to interview is new Kansas City record.

Anyway, rejoice and enjoy. No matter what we shall see next week Friday at Federal Court.

Cheers!!!

Thanks John. Record or no record, I hope that I get oath scheduled on 18th Dec or else it will be 2 months wait as I heard from IO that first oath in 2010 is in Feb. I think you just missed by couple of days in Nov. Had you been interviewed one week sooner you would have taken oath in Nov itself. Any way, all is well that end well. :D:D