Interview Preparation

Hey Sunks:

Congratulations!

Looks like you had the same IO as I had. She went over every line of my application as well. :)

Hope to see you at the oath.

Hey Sunks:

Did you get the oath letter yet?

I was wondering the same. By the way, I am going to dress like a true American tomorrow, navy blue suit, white shirt and red tie. Look out for me and if you tell me what you would be wearing, I will look out for you too.

Cheers!!!

No. Still waiting :mad::(

Well, be prepared tomorrow, who knows, they might have prepared your certificate and the letter didnt just get to you on time. I have heard it happen many times in the past that couples do oath same day even when they didnt do interview same day.

Plus, it doesnt hurt to be prepared and ask. Max they will say no.

Well you have a reason to rejoice at least, your wife would be rejoicing tomorrow so please make it worthwhile for her, I will look out for you guys. Really looking forward to put a face to the ID :)

Well, be prepared tomorrow, who knows, they might have prepared your certificate and the letter didnt just get to you on time. I have heard it happen many times in the past that couples do oath same day even when they didnt do interview same day.

Plus, it doesnt hurt to be prepared and ask. Max they will say no.

Well you have a reason to rejoice at least, your wife would be rejoicing tomorrow so please make it worthwhile for her, I will look out for you guys. Really looking forward to put a face to the ID :)

I will be there. Not sure whether asking them would help. But knowing very well that answer is no, there is nothing to loose. I am glad that my wife has got her Oath scheduled. That way we can move forward with her and our daughter's PP application. See you there. Good luck !!

USC Finally

Its official ladies and gentle men, I am a United States of America citizen! For those who are still in the process, I wish you the very best. Let me also encourage those of you whose process is taking longer than you anticipated or longer than most people's story you are hearing. Know that that you are alomost there and it will happen!!

Take care you all. I will be here occassionally to see if theres someone I can contribute to their process.

Oh what a feeling!!

John

Update

I sent application for passport book and card same day as oath Dec 18th(expedited). When I checked on Wednesday 23rd, I got a notice on their website that the application is being processed. I got a notification on Thurday 24th that it was sent and I recived it in the mail same day.

thanks Bobsmyth, I dont think there is any other person that has more post on here than you have.

Take care and thanks for all the help.

There was one person on this board once upon a time who had the highest posts on this board until 2006 when he left the board for good. Upon leaving the board for good, he made a very unique and special request to this site to delete all his postings. That's none of his postings is here except the ones which were quoted by other members at that time. I (and others) never know why he wanted to delete his postings especially when he was a very helpful person like Bob who used to spend his time/energy/knowledge and efforts on this board all the time to help others. His name/ID was **** who is now on another immigration forum (Ron's one). I'm sure he visits on this site time after time just to read, but we will be happy to see him actively involved around like we were in the past. He was an asset to this board like Bob.

Happy upcoming New Year to everyone. Wish you all the best.

Need Help.
I have a problem of absences of more than six months. Out of six absences, three are for more than six months. To complete the minimum requirement of 30-months physical presence, I decided to wait for one more year.
I completed 5 years in November 2008 with first long absence of 10 months in 2004. I started counting five years from arrival back in Nov 2004. Completed 30-months physical presence in April 2009 but decided to apply in Nov 2009 - taking five years from Nov 2004.
Again in 2006 and 2007, absences are more than six months. I was in fact never aware that it causes break unless satisfactorily explained.
I have been filing Tax Returns from 2005 to 2008 - but with very little income and that too for working with my son's company in NY. I have no house of my own - no mortgage or rent receipts. I and my wife live with our son in NY who has given a letter to confirm that we both are living with him as his dependents with one bed room exclusively at our disposal where we have all our personal stuff. My son's company has also given a letter that in 2006 (absence of more than six months), I worked on some India project on behalf of his US company, searching out prospective Indian business associate. In 2007 - I have nothing to explain - no US company job - just one month's salary of Jan 2007 went in my Tax return for 2007.
Last travel to India in 2008 was less than six months and after coming to US in June 2008, we did not go back. I have been concentrating on taking citizenship first before visiting India again in 2010.
I have only two documents - one my son's company letter of employments in 2005, 2006and 2008 (for few months in the whole year with small incomes), tax returns with very small incomes. Continuing with this small income small hours job currently even in 2009.

I would like to know the experience of all those who experienced similar situations at the interview and how to handle these. Do they really matter a lot and how to justify these. Main reason was total ignorance of law - I thought that absence of less than one year will never come in the way - it is only in 2008 when I started thinking of applying for citizenship and realized all this what has already happened.

I have filed my N 400 on November 30 and done FP on 12/24/2009 through walk-in FP.

Now waiting for the interview letter. Based on discussions at this very useful forum, I think, I should expect interview in late February or early March 2010.

It will be a great help if all those having similar experiences can share their thoughts and interview experiences with me.

Many many thanks in advance

NRI 107