Indian visa after us citizen

@cafecon did u hear anynews have u already applied ?? well all i know they want to know how you enter US first time...well i suggest if u not in rush to go India right now then just wait lots if rules r changing..if u tell em u lost ur passport or dont ve ur GC they will refer u to USCIS office to file a petition n obtaoned records frm them.n USCIS saves records for 75 yrs,,, so there is really no way out u ve to ve ur surrender certificate to apply for visa...thats all i ve learned...but again its only my experience..good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
i would still save a copy of GC whether u wana show or no in case rule changes n they give visa out u need surrdender certificate...

Well of course I have a scan of my GC, but I will not show that to the Indian consulate. I'll say I first entered the US as a visitor, and that I don't really know how I became an LPR. I don't know. I was young. I have my old passport which expired in 05. It's going to be complicated.

well sounds complicated...hope it works out..but would think twice before lying n loose any chance cuz cant really change stories with them...all i know they not even listening n sayin to go USCIS to obtain ur records if u dont remember or if u too young...

Hi I came to US with help of an agent without passport and I applied for asylum and it was granted and I became a citizen now. I tried to apply for pio card stating I lost my passport but they denied me. They need a copy of passport and I need to surrender the renunciation form! is any one has any idea how I can get visa or entry to India without Indian passport or any experience! Please.

Thankful

Answer of your ques - Indian government ruthlessly murdered hundereds of thousands of Sikh separatists in its fake encounters, raped their females, destroyed their houses, eliminated their families... while its special anti-separatist laws were in place.... a lot of separatists survived by running out of India ... Once India brutally crushed the movement then its political parties (in power) started using the same laws against their opponents hence these laws were later withdrawn.... Result! Now India does not have those laws so it can not perform mass killings of separatists the way it used to ...

So in an effort to overcome this problem, India has decided to not to let separatists enter back to the country... It doesnt want Indian Sikhs to interact with survived separatist Sikhs ... It wants this generation of run-away separatists die their natural deaths in foreign lands... Basically it doesnt want Khalistan (separatist) movement to get re-birth.... So it does "NOT" issue them passports/visas...

Thats why it is so complicated....!!

Hello, I came to US with help of an agent without passport and I applied for asylum and it was granted and I became a citizen now. I tried to apply for pio card stating I lost my passport but they denied me. They need a copy of passport and I need to surrender the renunciation form! is any one has any idea how I can get visa or entry to India without Indian passport or any experience! Please.

hey twinkle any progress on u'r indian visa keep us posted of the current status would be highly appreciated/or anyone who was an asylee & now USA CITIZEN apply for the ENTRY VISA TO INDIA please share u'r experiences /timeframe & status of such cases granted or denied !!!!!!!!!

If I were a government, why would I want to let people who claimed asylum from my country return after becoming citizens of another country? Where's the logic in that?

Thankful

Answer of your ques - Indian government ruthlessly murdered hundereds of thousands of Sikh separatists in its fake encounters, raped their females, destroyed their houses, eliminated their families... while its special anti-separatist laws were in place.... a lot of separatists survived by running out of India ... Once India brutally crushed the movement then its political parties (in power) started using the same laws against their opponents hence these laws were later withdrawn.... Result! Now India does not have those laws so it can not perform mass killings of separatists the way it used to ...

So in an effort to overcome this problem, India has decided to not to let separatists enter back to the country... It doesnt want Indian Sikhs to interact with survived separatist Sikhs ... It wants this generation of run-away separatists die their natural deaths in foreign lands... Basically it doesnt want Khalistan (separatist) movement to get re-birth.... So it does "NOT" issue them passports/visas...

Thats why it is so complicated....!!

If I were a government, why would I want to let people who claimed asylum from my country return after becoming citizens of another country? Where's the logic in that?

It's because a democratically elected government is suppose to do the bidding of it's citizens, not the other way around. A democratically elected government does not control and systematically try to kill off an entire ethnic group of people who belong there in the first place. What are people supposed to do when they have loved ones, blood relatives that still live in the country from which they came from? They can't just forget about them and not see them ever again. People who claimed asylum from the government were forced to flee and claim asylum to be safe in another country. This comment can be applied to other countries as well, including my COP, not just India.

It's because a democratically elected government is suppose to do the bidding of it's citizens, not the other way around. A democratically elected government does not control and systematically try to kill off an entire ethnic group of people who belong there in the first place. What are people supposed to do when they have loved ones, blood relatives that still live in the country from which they came from? They can't just forget about them and not see them ever again. People who claimed asylum from the government were forced to flee and claim asylum to be safe in another country. This comment can be applied to other countries as well, including my COP, not just India.

Asylee, please remember that I too an an asylee and I do not disagree with you or Twinke Twinke in principle. I am merely pointing out the fact and the reality of the situation, to showcase the problem facing us asylees as we try to go back to our COP following citizenship and the immense hurdles we have to pass. Again, I don't disagree with wanting to go back... I too want to figure out a way to do so following citizenship next year. Twinkle, lets not call people names. I am Indian myself and am fully aware of Indian history. I am not condoning the Indian government or any other government for that matter. I am simply pointing out the fact that these are the hurdles that exist. What we need to figure out is a solution to it.

hey guys just wanted to share my visa experience... i applied at houston embassy for an entry visa for 5 yrs... i was a former derivative asylee (8)... n i got email that my visa got approved after 3 weeks... i didn't have my passport so i sent a copy of my birth certificate and a sworn affidavit stating that i lost my passport and that it had expired several yrs ago... hope this helps... take care n good luck to all

Congratulations. Did you admit to being an asylee? Did they ask for a copy of your GC or something, because it seems the SF consulate requires proof of how you became a permanent resident.

no they didn't ask me about asylum... but my naturalization cert has my a #... so they could've found out... not sure if they did or not...

Citizenship2009 - Congratulations! That's huge. Did you file a police report when you got an affidavit confirming you had lost your Indian passport? If not, where does one go about getting a sworn affidavit? Thanks.

Woosterlad.

The affidavit is from the Indian consulate, I think.

How would they look up your history using your A#? They don't have access to that information, do they?

indian visa for asylees.

Hi Guys,
I have found it out SF people are more rigid in their rules, and are asking for legal arrival stamps on PP's or either copies of green cards and not all other embassies, so that they can rule all asylees out and black list them in some or other way. I have not heard from last 4-5 months any body with asylee status getting visa from SF. I have more than 5 known people in queue with asylee or derivative asylee status and waiting for their visas. Two of them have allready postponed their marriage dates in india because of delay in visa, and one of them is desparately willing to see her sick and old mom-whom he has not seen from last 14 years. Anyhow my point is why they are doing it? when Indian govt. has allready announced list of 179 blacklisted sikhs, which they think as potential threat to the country- why they are harrasing rest of the innocent sikhs and why at all their families who have derivative asylum status. If a main bread winner of the family has seeked asylum for some reasons and have petitioned rest of the dependants, what fault is of the dependant family. Dependant or derivative asylum seekers have just followed that asylee for mere sustenance and living resourses. This is really heart breaking and unjust of indian embassies to not issue visas to derivative asylum status. And why only SF jurisdiction is asking for copies of GC's- just to rule asylees out. What a shame on them?

i didn't file a police report for my lost passport... i had written the sworn affidavit myself stating that i had lost the pp several yrs ago and that i had never renewed it... i actually had a joint pp with my mother when i entered the us... and then notarized that letter... hope this helps