Indian visa after us citizen

sukhipatiala

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys
is there anyone who has applied for indian visa after becoming us citizen .do you need a indian passport or just a copy of pp id good please share your exp

If this is your first Indian visa application and you were an Indian citizen before, the original Indian passport is required for cancellation along with your visa application. You are also required to sign a "renounciation" declaration stating that you renounce Indian citizenship. Details are at
https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/homepage

I had the same question... i became a citizen in jan 2010... and wanted to get indian visa for the 1st time... but i don't have an indian passport... i came here as a minor and was on my mother's passport.... and her passport has already been cancelled and she can't find it... i was a derivative asylee... so what can i do to get an indian visa? I was born in India... I'm gonna go to india for the first time in 17 yrs with my husband... we recently had a baby and my in-laws are desperate to meet him. Thanks for all your help...

I had the same question... i became a citizen in jan 2010... and wanted to get indian visa for the 1st time... but i don't have an indian passport... i came here as a minor and was on my mother's passport.... and her passport has already been cancelled and she can't find it... i was a derivative asylee... so what can i do to get an indian visa? I was born in India... I'm gonna go to india for the first time in 17 yrs with my husband... we recently had a baby and my in-laws are desperate to meet him. Thanks for all your help...
Email the nearest Indian consulate and they might answer your question..

Hi my oath will be on 20 th of april and i will be getting passport on expedited basis and then i will apply for visa if anyone from india has applied recently
please share urexp

I am in same situation, a derivative asylee. I had sent in my Indian passport for renewel in 2008, it was not renewed or returned.
Now, I am US citizen, and want to get Indian visa. Anybody had luck? a renounciation certificate or indian visa?

star215, how did Indian Consulate know that you are derivative asylee when u sent in your Indian passport in 2008? Was there any stamp in your passport indicating that you're derivative asylee? Thanks

I had green card, when I went for passport renewal. I made the mistake of showing green card. Greencards have a category number showing the person is asylee. I am derivative asylee. Ironic thing: my father has Indian 10-year passport, just issued last year. He did not want to take US citizenship. I am a high school teacher, so to get tenured you have to be US citizen :(
Can there be any better example of Irony?

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. thats so ironic. did your dad show his green card to the Indian consulate? what did your dad say about his current status to the Consulate?

He always held Indian passport. He applied for passport in 1990's, paid some insider to get it done. (no questions asked). Recently, he sent it by mail, along with his old citizen passport, and green card copy. They issued another 10 year one.
I SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND. Which laws or morals allow them to punish minors who were tagged along for actions of adults?

How come recently your dad got his passport renewed for another 10 years since he sent in his GC copy? Maybe the consulate couldn't see clearly the code in GC. When your dad copied GC, the area around the code was not that clear because there was the DHS logo around the code.
Well, I guess the indian embassy's general rule is revoke passport and citizenship for asylee and derivative asylee. Your dad fell under the exceptions. You should have paid insider to get it done or at least said that your are illegal in USA, if u still want to keep your indian citizenship.

yo sukhi
lets know if indian embassy giving visa to Asylum US Citizen ...
i am thinking if they cant give us passport or renew passport because we in Asylum Category (A6) (we suppose not go india )
how come they gona give VISA to asylum US Citizen ...???
if u got visa let us know in detail ...
Thanks

yo sukhi
lets know if indian embassy giving visa to Asylum US Citizen ...
i am thinking if they cant give us passport or renew passport because we in Asylum Category (A6) (we suppose not go india )
how come they gona give VISA to asylum US Citizen ...???
if u got visa let us know in detail ...
Thanks

India Visa Granted

I have been granted the new Indian Visa, X (Entry Visa) for 5 years (maximum allowed) from NY Consulate. I applied through normal procedures via Travisa.
Thank you lord :)