• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

immigration(dv lottery /asylum) lawyers

Autozen

Im looking for a suggestion on an experienced immigration( dv lottery and asylum) lawyers.
there are so many lawyers, that its hard to find out which one is good.
any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance.

Let me explain this way.

Of the around 1 million immigrant visas each year, (5%) are DV cases at an average of about 2 people per case. So assume that to be 25k cases per year.
Less than 5% of those 25k cases are DV AOS cases. So assume that to mean about 1000 cases at most.
Most people do not use a lawyer for DV cases because, it is relatively simple and we have Mom and her spreadsheet.
So - out of the 1000 cases probably 200 are handled by lawyers each year.
Of the 200, I would imagine a small minority are asylum cases. Call it 20 cases.

So out of the THOUSANDS of immigration lawyers in the USA, if a lawyer tells you he/she has lots of experience in DV cases for asylum, he/she is probably BS'ing.

So - if Mom has told you to speak to a lawyer, find a good asylum lawyer and slip them the link to Moms AOS thread so they can get educated about DV. Then tell them to send Mom a nice bunch of flowers when they invoice you for all their experience.

Last edited:
Then tell them to send Mom a nice bunch of flowers when they invoice you for all their experience.

:D:D:D Just be sure to ask me for my favorite species before sending over the flowers - my favorite changes depending on which day of the week it is, the season we’re in, and which side of the bed I got out of that day.

Guys, I gladly buy you all flowers, if I'll find a way somehow through my sircumstances lol. so you better tell me what kind of flowers you like, before I'll choose on my own