Illinois SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
case # delay

My lawyer sent papers for labour on Feb26th and the SESA received on March 2nd. Till now I didnt get the case number. Couldn't contact the lawyer yet.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys.

Its moot to dicuss if IL SESA provides case#'s at all. For example my case filed on Sep'3rd week did not get a case number. However some of the case filed during that time thru my company received case#'s while they were forwarded to DOL.

My attorny says, SESA is not obligated to send out case#'s. However your cas emight have been forwarded to DOL.

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

My case (BS + 0 exp) has been remaned to state after 2.5 yrs of waiting in California. I have decided to get a new job some where else where the labor processing is fast.

Finally, I got a job in Chicago, and wondering how long it would take in RIR? Considering BS + 4.5 years of experince. This employer had 65 cases approved in RIR so far with out any denials or remands.

Any idea how long it might take, and do you think it would get remanded, I hope not since the Job requires 3 years of experience on a tool, fortunatly I have been working on the same for the last 4.5 years.
Regards
BP

Hi any one got Approvals/ Status from SESA

Hi Any one got approvals/ Processing time detailas recently from SESA. Kindly post it.
Thanks
Pal.

Do somebody have any idea abt current RIR processing date at IL SESA.
When i checked last week , it i sep 23rd.
Do not know whether they have moved from taht date or not.

Thanks
Ravi

I read the article..but the new RIR process is limited to the below:

"this new RIR operating procedure within the DOL Chicago Office appears to be limited to IT positions which do not require a Bachelor’s Degree and three years or more experience or a Master’s Degree and six months or more of experience because subsequent to this procedural change, our office has received labor certifications for entry level engineering positions"

But for Bacherlor's degree and master's degree holders, this will not be applicable, which I understood from the above..Any more updates on this new RIR process other than the above link..

Re: RIR

Hi,

My lawyer filed my case for rir on nov 5th 2003. I'm very confused about the pprocess. Do i need to check il sesa or dol? Also, I just spoke to him about the new process in Rir...he said every case is unique and he has not heard anything specific from dol in this regard. I'm not sure what to believe since my position requires BS with 1 yr experience though I have a masters degree with more than 1 yr exp. Please advise.

IL SESA Update

Hello All,

I called IL SESA and checked for RIR processing dates, they are processing 09/25/03.

thanks

Shit....
On Mrach 8th they were processing sep 23rd 2003 cases
On March 17th they were processing sep 24th 2003 cases.
On March 26th they were processing sep 25th 2003 cases.
If this is the pace ,
just forget abt IL SESA
and look for alternate options.
Thanks
Kota

Is there a site to check status ?

Hi Guys,

Is the a website to track status of Illinois Labor Federal Process. My labor process is in the federal. My attorney gave me a case number

P2003IL054XXXXX

Any idea?

FYI Priority Date 07/24/2003

Thanks
Raju

Re: case # delay

My lawyer got the case number from SESA but not any kind of receipt/letter. How does she got the case number without any letter?

Is the case number is enough for 7th year extension?

Originally posted by pstvak
My lawyer sent papers for labour on Feb26th and the SESA received on March 2nd. Till now I didnt get the case number. Couldn't contact the lawyer yet.

Thanks

Re: Re: case # delay

Originally posted by pstvak
My lawyer got the case number from SESA but not any kind of receipt/letter. How does she got the case number without any letter?

Is the case number is enough for 7th year extension?

Hi pstvak,

Good to know you got your number, Congratulations!!!. As for as I heard from my attorney the receipt number and date is sufficient. And when did you get your number? I filed it in Dec 2003 and still I have not got any information from my attorney. Thanks for the information and I will check with my attorney's office.

Regards
Pal.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. I am not a lawyer. So please act accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am URGENTLY looking for an immigration attorney in Chicago area to discuss potential change in employment and its ramifications on the greencard processing. I would appreciate your sharing any names, addresses, telephone nos. and e-mails of reputable attorneys. Some information about myself:

1. Currently working on H1B visa in Corporate Finance in a large tech. co. in San Jose, CA
2. Current employer has filed for Labor Certification under regular process (i.e., going nowhere)
3. Have been tentatively offered a job in a similar function in Chicago area
4. The Chicago firm is a startup (~1 year old) in the financial services industry
5. The Chicago firm has no experience in immigration issues but is willing to do all it takes to get the process rolling

Many thanks in advance.

Please reply

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please confirm whose labor was filed in the 3rd or 4th week of September and did not receive a case number?

Mine was filed during that period and I have not received a receipt notice. Also when my employer called SESA they are saying the applications filed after september have not been entered into the system and are asking us to call back after 4-5 weeks for a case#

Dear Friends,
Please give me some company info who is filing LC from Maine.
I would really appreciate your help.

my e-mail: rita81@usa.com

Thank you in advance

Thanks,
Rita

Just called IL sesa.
They are processing october 6th 2003 cases under RIR.
Hi guys
can we agree for the following proposal.

If some body posts any processing date details , we shd never call IL sesa for processing info.
If somebody calls and find out processing date info , so that all forum memebrs know it and they do not call.

That is why we can save good amount of officers time and we can get speeded up for oyur applications.

May be all IL sesa thread are following this , otherwise , how can we get such a good response all the time from Lydia Clark(IL sesa supervisor).Did i spell the name correctly.
Her no is: 312 793 6838

Pls post who ever call and get some info abt preocessing dates , to avoid calls from other IL SESA thread memebrs.

This is my humble request to all for all benefit.
U might be knowing we are experiencing lot delays recently in IL SESA

Hope they will move a bit faster , as they might have settled very well in new office.

Thanks in Advance
Ravi

Hi

Ravi,

I agree with you, we should really give them some time and should not call frequently.

Probably the best bet would be to call them 2 weeks or 3 weeks once, and get the updated status.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.