I140's with Labor Sub -- Pls Update CT123,140_140_140

Something happened ??

RD 07/09/2003
Sub Labor
Non Concurrent

I had Registered myself as a Customer here :
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

When I logged in this morning, it shows my case status record as updated today (05/04/2004) but there is no change in the online status. It still says '360..360' days

Curious as to what is going on (if any) with my case.

malsa

Look at the note below when you login it says the Last updated might have a new date without changing the status of a case.

Anyway below is the text hence this is normal nothing out of the ordinary,

* Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

reval_wait

Re: Something happened ??

Malsa,
I also registered my self at USCIS website today and added my I140 case. It is showing last updated 5/4/2004. Do u think they really touched the file or their db was last updated on 5/4/2004 ??

I140: 1/15/2003(concurrent I485)
RFE: 4/28/2003
RFE Reply recvd: 7/21/2003

-unlucky786

Re:

I don't think this was a mass update because I have an H1 petition which was not updated.

Your RFE reply recvd date and my RD date are close enough. So my guess is they pulled our files from the shelf.

Top 10 things that might have happened :

10) House cleaning. Not enough shelf space. Thrown into dustbin
9) Taken to Restrooms. Ran out of Tissue
8) Wiped the dust off and kept them back on the shelf
7) Ran out of paper in the printer to print yahoo directions
6) INS officer's kid collects FedEx envelopes
5) Picked the wrong files and realized later
4) Picked the correct files and realized it was too soon to process
3) Updated wrong case records
2) Picked the files to process but changed mind
1) Processed them

Last edited by a moderator:
485 filed 6 months after 140 - is that concurrent?

485 filed 6 months after 140 - is that concurrent?

My I-140 was filed in October 2003 (substituted
labor) in CSC. Did not file I-485.

My question is: if I file 485 NOW, would that be
considered as "concurrent"? SHould I do that
with or without I-140 receipt number?

Also, since I would file in CSC, would it become
part of the pilot program? I hope YES

Gurus and Non-gurus, please respond.

Any updates...

Are there any approvals/RFEs/denials for EB3 cases (LC sub.)? Guys please update. My RD is 06/23/03 (non-concurrent). They are currently processing around June 17th. It seems pretty close but haven't heard anything so far.

My USCIS website login has a last updated date of 04/20/04. Does it mean my case is being looked at right now. Not sure how long it takes for them to process once they take up a case.

This wait is getting really frustrating.

Anyone in similar timeframe still waiting?

Please share your experience/thoughts.

Thanks

Time frame

Guys,
Any idea what is the time frame for I-140 approval if sub LC is used ??? 140/484 Filling is conn and EB3 catagory.

Thanks
Kumar

I140 with substitution approved

RD 5/30/2003
RFE on april 7th
RFE responded around may 7th
approvd on may 12th

mine was a substitution case and 485 has not been filed yet. RFE asked for my indian employers exp. letter and my w2's.

thx a lot to all .Good Luck !!

I140 approved after 17 months

I 140 approved after one and half year

No RFE

RD: 12/09/2002
AD: 05/17/2004

Semi concurrent
EB3, substitute labor :)

My I-140 has been approved after 23 months.

:) My I-140 has been approved after 23 months... :) :p :) :p :)
I got an email from USCIS this morning that my I-140 got approved on 18th May 2004 (after 23 months long waiting).

I-140 (EB3, Sub-Labor):
ND : 14-Jun-2002
RFE : Oct-2002 (abt company's ability to pay)
RFE Received : 06-DEC-2002
AD : 18-MAY-2004

485/765/131 (Semi-Conc):
ND : 18-SEP-2002
FP : 29-OCT-2002

Approved Cases (So far):
140 : 18-May-2004
AP : 05-May-2004
Wife's EAD : 07-May-2004

Good luck to all of you... :)

Update date of 05/04

Hi,

My RD is 06/10/2003
RFE 12/03
Reply to RFE 01/04
No change of status after that.

I485 was filed concurrently.

and i also saw the update date on the website as 05/04. I saw some posts here mentioning the same date. Is there a mass updated on the cases in the same situation.

Congratulations!! mygcacc01 and inthequeue

Thats great news. It's really nice to see LC substitution cases being approved (later than never). It would be really helpful if you guys could provide the following details on your case:

- Did your educational qualifications match 100% with the pre-approved LC. There were some RFEs/denials in cases were 3 year BS degrees + Diplomas were matched to a 4-year BS requirement.

- What was the email address of USCIS which notified on the approvals (so we don't lose it as junk email)

- Do you think having a I-485 application also pending along with the 140 would make any difference in the processing time or approval.

- What was your "Last Updated" time in the USCIS website for your application BEFORE you got the approval.

- inthequeue: Did you get any RFEs

Thanks and wish you all the best for the I485 stage.

Any recent approvals for Substitute LC cases?

My petition was filed on Sept 5th 2003 with a substitue labour. Have not herad anything from the CIS since then.

optimist,
let's keep each other posted about the status for sure. Looks like we have somewhat similar case, non-concurrent, substitute, filed around the same time. are you eb2 or eb3? my attorney faxed an inquiry last thursday to cis.

i140inca

Hi I140inCA & optimist,

My case is also labor substitute....August 26 2003, EB3, concurrent, no approval yet.

dpshah,
did you fax? your attorney or employer should fax an inquiry. the processing date has passed your filing date.
i140inca