I140's with Labor Sub -- Pls Update CT123,140_140_140

Re: re:

Originally posted by I140helppls
linuxrox.
how does the LC look like ????. is it just a document saying that your ETA 750 FORMS have been approved. also does INS keep the original approval document and send just a copy to the employee.

i am in same situation as yours (I140 lab. sub .) and am thinking what should i do if i get RFE like this .

I have the copy of the LC, and it is authentic.
sometime back i even checkd the databse of the labour records and found the name of the person against whom my company got this LC. just that the original is missing. my edn quals also more than meet the requirements in the LC as well as the experience. so no problem on that grounds.

lets see what comes out of this.

any aug2003/sep 2003 EB2 cases?

just being impatient..

did BCIS seem to have touched aug/sep 2003 cases??

anyone in end of aug/sep '03 cases got RFEs or approvals?

thanks

re:

Guys .
Have anyone who applied just the I140 (I mean without applying for I485) got approved. I really dont know whether we are looking at another slow year but i pray and hope that all of us get approved soon....
Good Luck everyone !!!

Hello guyz!!

any activity here??
looks like its 360 days wait for everyone!!
with not many 140 apps i dont understand what the problem is with the BCIS ..

I140helppls,

What do you mean by "whether I have inquired by mail" ? Is it possible to inquire via mail without sending it thro' your lawyer/employer ? I called BCIS number to check the status of the application and the person on the phone said that he can not tell me (the beneficary of of I140) any thing about my application. The inquiry must be placed only by my lawyer/empoyer. Some 7-8 months back, I had called, but at the time he did not refuse outright but said that they will reply to my home address in 30 days. No reply came naturally :-(

From this thread, it looks like there is only one person who filed earlier than me (tiredofins). At least he got some RFE's. In my case, no RFE either.

re:

Yes the only way to enquire abt ur case is have your lawyer send a written query and i think they should do that .
also the truth is that all people who have not file concurrent are having to wait much longer..... so thats a problem too.

Originally posted by vekman
I140helppls,

From this thread, it looks like there is only one person who filed earlier than me (tiredofins). At least he got some RFE's. In my case, no RFE either.

Vekman,
Could you please tell me ur dates?
receipt date and notice date of ur 140 aplication.
Mine is also a labour subst (with a lost original labour cert and so 140 was filed with a copy of the LC). RD is Feb 10th 2003.
I did not file concurrent. Mine is just 140 application
Got 2 RFEs - one in june and one in august. both replied in time, last one reached INS by oct 30th 2003.
Now it has been more than 80 days since INS received the response to my RFE.
In cases like mine, attorney sends in the response asking INS to write to DOL for verification of my LC, as the original was lost.
Dont know when my turn will come.

Does any one know, when is the time to give up on this? I mean, typically how long can i hope for it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
guys:
please post in the following thread:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=673540#post673540

Format:
subject - # (number, pls keep incrementing)
WAC###### (Labor type incl subst, concurrent/140 alone) - RD/ND - RFE#: Date - RFE#: Date - status.

RFE# : Date (Date corresponds to the date on which the response was received by BCIS).

This will help in getting a proper handle on the number of cases still pending.

PLEASE maintain the FORMAT. And please dont post anything else on that thread.

Any Update

Hi
Just wondering did any of us got any form of
communication from INS(approval/ref/denial)
Are they even touching Lab-sub which are
not concurent ?
bye

re:

I havent received anything .My RD is 5/30/2003. I saw your post where the INS told you that they are waiting for something from the local office. Is it the Labor ??? did u submit the priginal labor while filing or a copy ????

I140 with LC sub approved after 15 months!

RD: 12/02
RFE: 02/05/04
RFE Replied: 03/11/04
Approved: 03/12/04

I have been an observer for a long time on this board, so I thought I would share my experience with you folks still waiting.

My I140 with LC Sub was filed in December '02. The original LC was filed in 2000 and the job requirements said it needed 2 years of experience. So the RFE asked me to show that I have 2 years of related work experience *BEFORE* 2000 (the oringinal LC filing date). Luckily, I am in contact with guys from that job I had prior to 2000. So I obtained a letter from them and sent it. I think the INS also asked for company's ability to pay (for a public company worth $15billion!). I guess the lawyer handled that part.

Anyway once I replied to the RFE, they approved it the next day itself! :)

So it proves there is light at the end of the tunnel! And my thanks to the forum to keep my spirits up during this stressful 15 months!

Kaikalur.

RE:

Mine is a Sub-Labor case...
Receipt Date: 14-JUN-2002 (WAC-02-211-5XXXX)
Got an RFE on XX-NOV-2002 (Ability to Pay)
RFE Replied and received by INS on : 06-DEC-2002
Since then waiting ...waiting....waiting...

Re: I140 with LC sub approved after 15 months!

Hello Kaikalur,
Can you clarify me on your RFE, you had stated that you replied on03/11/04, Is that means that it was entered into BCIS system
on 3/11/04 or your postage mail date.

Thanks

Originally posted by kaikalur
RD: 12/02
RFE: 02/05/04
RFE Replied: 03/11/04
Approved: 03/12/04

I have been an observer for a long time on this board, so I thought I would share my experience with you folks still waiting.

My I140 with LC Sub was filed in December '02. The original LC was filed in 2000 and the job requirements said it needed 2 years of experience. So the RFE asked me to show that I have 2 years of related work experience *BEFORE* 2000 (the oringinal LC filing date). Luckily, I am in contact with guys from that job I had prior to 2000. So I obtained a letter from them and sent it. I think the INS also asked for company's ability to pay (for a public company worth $15billion!). I guess the lawyer handled that part.

Anyway once I replied to the RFE, they approved it the next day itself! :)

So it proves there is light at the end of the tunnel! And my thanks to the forum to keep my spirits up during this stressful 15 months!

Kaikalur.

Lab-sub I140 just approved!

I'm using a labor-substitution to concurrently applied all I140, AP, EAD and I485. The first 3 were approved on March 26. The followings are my information:

EB2
Received date: August 20, 2003.
RFE for I140 replied on Jan. 20, 2004.
Approved on: March 26.

After I left my parents 7 years ago, I finally can visit my parents without worrying about my visa.

Good luck to everyone! And hope all of you will get approved very soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I140 RD 07/09/2003 Waiting

Posting the details of my case :

EB3
RD 07/09/2003
Non Concurrent (On Employer's insistance)
Labor Sub