I need advice regarding Naturalization

Not at all. N-652 is an interview result form, issued for your record. All you need is the oath letter.

If the box Bring This Letter To The Oath Ceremony is checked, you don't have much wiggle space to misinterpret it :)
On the other side, if you don't bring it in, you'll still be naturalized.

If the box Bring This Letter To The Oath Ceremony is checked, you don't have much wiggle space to misinterpret it :)
On the other side, if you don't bring it in, you'll still be naturalized.
What's about home country passport? I am in the Court House right now waiting in a line to give documents. Many people have their passports, we did not take. Could it be a problem?

What's about home country passport? I am in the Court House right now waiting in a line to give documents. Many people have their passports, we did not take. Could it be a problem?

No, you don't need your passport. You can't go home now anyway, so why ask? :confused: Have fun. :)

No, you don't need your passport. You can't go home now anyway, so why ask? :confused: Have fun. :)

Thanks! I hope it will be fine. But I was so stressed out when realized that we did not have our home country passports!!! Anyway, the OL does not say directly, it says "immigration documents". I submitted all I had at the interview, except for GC. I do not think that native passport is an " immigration document". It is not specified directly in the OL. But my turn to submit documents may be in 10-20 minutes. I am close to heart attack!!!

They may only ask it in order to check if you have had any international trips since the interview. Simply tell them you haven't left the country since then. It should be sufficient. Their goal is to naturalize you, not to screw you up.. Chill out :)

I agree. However, form N-652 has no such box. :)

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/normal_N-652.jpg

You are probably thinking of form N-445, which is the oath letter. Not only does it have a check box stating that the form must be brought to the oath ceremony, but there's a good chance that the applicant may not be allowed to take the oath if he/she doesn't bring this form to the ceremony (unless the IOs in charge of the ceremony can manually generate a new form).

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/44219524/Form-N-445-Notice-of-Naturalization-Oath-Ceremony

Thanks! I hope it will be fine. But I was so stressed out when realized that we did not have our home country passports!!! Anyway, the OL does not say directly, it says "immigration documents". I submitted all I had at the interview, except for GC. I do not think that native passport is an " immigration document". It is not specified directly in the OL. But my turn to submit documents may be in 10-20 minutes. I am close to heart attack!!!

So, how did your naturalization oath go?

I think that after all the drama you owe this forum a detailed report.

Oath done!!!

Hi everyone! We are citizens now! Everything went well, but I do not have energy to describe how it went - I feel exhausted. In the general, the ceremony was nice and touching. 56 people from 30 countries were naturalized in Thomas Eagleton Court House in St. Louis. Though I was stressed out that had left our passports at home, they said it was Ok as soon as we did not travel after the interview. One more source of stress - we filled in the forms in dark blue ink instead of the specified in the letter BLACK ink. My son noticed this and was angry with me, but the IO said that it was fine. At the oath ceremony I felt tears filling my eyes. It was a long and difficult road for me from the very beginning. A single mom with a little kid came to this country 12.5 years ago - with no friends, no relatives, no money... But with knowledge and job offer at the University... We survived, despite lots of troubles - cancer diagnosis and severe treatment which gave me a rear opportunity to survive and stay cancer-free for almost 10 years, betrayal of a few close people whom I considered friends, death of my dear mom, discrimination at work, robbery of my ideas, papers, and patents by stronger guys who consider foreign scientists as their slaves... Anyway, I am here now, a "new-born" US citizen who has overcome these troubles, who has an excellent son - a "new-born" citizen as well, and I am proud of him, and I live for him, for his happy and fruitful life...
THANKS a lot, dear friends at this Forum, for your guidance during these past 5 months. Yes, some of my questions and concerns seemed "childish". Some of you, probably, laughed at my worries about that idiotic broken window (but sincerely, I was very upset when found it out). As a single mom and "mom" for many students, I get used to be responsible for every detail. Sometimes I make mistakes, because my span of attention is limited, while circle of responsibilities tends to infinity... That's why when I find some flaws, I start worry what consequences will they result in... Anyway, many thanks for your patience with me! Your advices were very helpful and valuable. I have learned a lot, and will apply my gained knowledge in helping others. As a University professor, I deal with many international students, and my experience with immigration and naturalization will definitely be useful to the others.
Best regards and good luck to everyone. And lots of PATIENCE to those who are still going through naturalization!!!
Marusia

Hi everyone! We are citizens now! Everything went well, but I do not have energy to describe how it went - I feel exhausted. In the general, the ceremony was nice and touching. 56 people from 30 countries were naturalized in Thomas Eagleton Court House in St. Louis. Though I was stressed out that had left our passports at home, they said it was Ok as soon as we did not travel after the interview. One more source of stress - we filled in the forms in dark blue ink instead of the specified in the letter BLACK ink. My son noticed this and was angry with me, but the IO said that it was fine. At the oath ceremony I felt tears filling my eyes. It was a long and difficult road for me from the very beginning. A single mom with a little kid came to this country 12.5 years ago - with no friends, no relatives, no money... But with knowledge and job offer at the University... We survived, despite lots of troubles - cancer diagnosis and severe treatment which gave me a rear opportunity to survive and stay cancer-free for almost 10 years, betrayal of a few close people whom I considered friends, death of my dear mom, discrimination at work, robbery of my ideas, papers, and patents by stronger guys who consider foreign scientists as their slaves... Anyway, I am here now, a "new-born" US citizen who has overcome these troubles, who has an excellent son - a "new-born" citizen as well, and I am proud of him, and I live for him, for his happy and fruitful life...
THANKS a lot, dear friends at this Forum, for your guidance during these past 5 months. Yes, some of my questions and concerns seemed "childish". Some of you, probably, laughed at my worries about that idiotic broken window (but sincerely, I was very upset when found it out). As a single mom and "mom" for many students, I get used to be responsible for every detail. Sometimes I make mistakes, because my span of attention is limited, while circle of responsibilities tends to infinity... That's why when I find some flaws, I start worry what consequences will they result in... Anyway, many thanks for your patience with me! Your advices were very helpful and valuable. I have learned a lot, and will apply my gained knowledge in helping others. As a University professor, I deal with many international students, and my experience with immigration and naturalization will definitely be useful to the others.
Best regards and good luck to everyone. And lots of PATIENCE to those who are still going through naturalization!!!
Marusia

OK, thanks for the update and congratulations! I am glad that you got through the experience without getting a heart attack. Enjoy being a U.S. citizen.

OK, thanks for the update and congratulations! I am glad that you got through the experience without getting a heart attack. Enjoy being a U.S. citizen.

Thanks for nice words! The end of one journey is just a beginning of another... New opportunities will arise... Yes, my students from my lab, my son, and I were celebrating this event together with successful PhD defense of one of my graduate students. So we have many reasons to celebrate!
I mentioned about this Forum to my international students and postdocs- most of them are planning to find job in US industry companies after graduation or finishing their postdoctoral fellowships, and at some point they will go through the immigration process. I told them how helpful this forum was for me.
I will be here in future - I will try to be helpful to the others as you were helpful to me.

Marusia,

Congratulation on achieving the goal. Now you can have some piece of mind. Enjoy it :)

Marusia

Congratulations!!!!! Hope you got over from your worries....

I suppose now that you are naturalized you will start worrying about why, how, and when the denaturalization proceedings might begin.