I need advice regarding Naturalization

it depends on the nature of the ticket. If it's a citation from LE, then ... it's a citation. If it's like a ticket from private security, it's a different story

While the debate on whether or not to disclose traffic tickets will always rage on, I think it's been unanimously decided that parking tickets don't need to be disclosed, let alone ones that were issued by rent-a-cops.

it depends on the nature of the ticket. If it's a citation from LE, then ... it's a citation. If it's like a ticket from private security, it's a different story

Thanks everyone who responded. This is University Parking Lot Operations Department that issued this ticket. There is no word "citation" on it, just "Ticket #....." I went to the University Police today, showed this ticket, they apologized, and said that would send temporary parking stickers by the end of July - they have not issued them yet! However, now they do not dismiss any tickets for any reason. There is an appeal on-line system, but the link they gave me is broken!!! I even cannot appeal!!! Moreover, they told me there is a committee of a few students and employees which meets once in a while and considers these tickets. To avoid any delays (who knows when they meet and consider my appeal - maybe some time when it is too late, my oath is in two weeks!) I decided still to pay this $10 ticket, though I do not agree with it in principle. I will bring it with me together with the receipt to the oath and will have to explain - what else can I do???

While the debate on whether or not to disclose traffic tickets will always rage on, I think it's been unanimously decided that parking tickets don't need to be disclosed, let alone ones that were issued by rent-a-cops.
I somewhat agree with the anonymous consent, however there are tickets and ... tickets. Before making a decision, one should make sure what kind of tickets are being discussed. If it's an actual police ticket, you don't want to be ignorant about it no matter how small the fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I somewhat agree with the anonymous consent, however there are tickets and ... tickets. Before making a decision, one should make sure what kind of tickets are being discussed. If it's an actual police ticket, you don't want to be ignorant about it no matter how small the fine.

In my case, this is not a "real police" ticket - not the city, but the internal campus police. So, there is no need to worry and disclose it? By the way, I asked the lady at the Cashier Office where I have just paid for this ticket, whether it is reported to the city police, and she said "No". Though everyone here at the University agrees that this fine is unfair, I decided to pay it first, get a receipt & copy to take with me for the oath (just in case!), and then appeal, when their link to the website starts working. Anyway, our University police has invented a new business model to improve their financial situation, especially during the summer break when not so many faculty and students are around! Not issuing stickers in time, giving tickets to those who had to move to the different parking lots from those under reconstruction, making them pay fines within the 7-day deadline, and deprive people from appealing by giving them the broken link! Surprises are at every step!

My oath is approaching...

My oath will be on Friday. Again, I am very anxious - not less than when I was going to the interview.
What else should I worry about?
What documents to take with me in addition to GCs and DLs? More pictures? The IO has already taken my EAD cards and Advanced Parols and I-94. My son's IO did not take these documents from him.

Please, with such a momentous occasion approaching that should be filled with joy and excitement...step away from your computer.

For your sake and everyone who has helped and wished you well on your journey.

Enjoy your big day on Friday. I wish you the best.

Q

persons justrupp

Please, with such a momentous occasion approaching that should be filled with joy and excitement...step away from your computer.

For your sake and everyone who has helped and wished you well on your journey.

Enjoy your big day on Friday. I wish you the best.

Q

Thanks... I wish I would have joy and happiness, expecting this very special day for me and my son...

The only document that the USCIS cares about collecting is your GC, and the DL is used to verify your current address. As such, you only need to bring those two documents. Enjoy the oath ceremony!

My oath will be on Friday. Again, I am very anxious - not less than when I was going to the interview.
What else should I worry about?
What documents to take with me in addition to GCs and DLs? More pictures? The IO has already taken my EAD cards and Advanced Parols and I-94. My son's IO did not take these documents from him.

As vorpal said, it is the time for enjoyment. Not for worrying... You only need to have your DL and GC. Enjoy the Oath Ceremony. Take a break from your computer too :)

As vorpal said, it is the time for enjoyment. Not for worrying... You only need to have your DL and GC. Enjoy the Oath Ceremony. Take a break from your computer too :)
Thanks! I know I should enjoy the moment, but in reality I go through the very wide spectrum of emotions - from various fears and pain to actual joy of expectation of becoming free and less vulnerable to attacks in my working environment...

Why do you feel that citizenship will make any difference in this regard?

I hope they will treat me as equal. Also, it will be easier for me to change job.

Another question. Do we need new passport-type pictures for the oath, or those submitted with application N-400 are sufficient? At the interview, they did not ask us to provide new pictures, though both my son and I brought new pictures taken just before the interview. The validity of pictures, as far as I know, is limited by 2 (?) months, but it is 6 months since we submitted the application and over two months from the interview. What if they ask us to provide updated pictures at the oath and we do not have them? Or they do not ask?
Do we need new pictures for passports?

No pictures necessary for your oath, though the photos you submit with your passport application should be different (not necessarily newer, because they will not know) from the ones on your naturalisation certificates, since they will see the certificates, and might claim you are submitting outdated pictures. If the extra photos you have now are different, then use those for your passport, and CALM DOWN! Take your oath letter, GC, DL, and not much else with you to your oath ceremony, and hopefully, it won't be as shit as mine in Brooklyn :)

No pictures necessary for your oath, though the photos you submit with your passport application should be different (not necessarily newer, because they will not know) from the ones on your naturalisation certificates, since they will see the certificates, and might claim you are submitting outdated pictures. If the extra photos you have now are different, then use those for your passport, and CALM DOWN! Take your oath letter, GC, DL, and not much else with you to your oath ceremony, and hopefully, it won't be as shit as mine in Brooklyn :)

My passport has the same picture as my natz certificate and was issued without anyone claiming that the pictures were outdated.

My passport has the same picture as my natz certificate and was issued without anyone claiming that the pictures were outdated.

Cafeconleche and Vorpal, thanks for your answers about photos. And thanks for nice wishes regarding the coming oath. I can't wait when it finally comes!

Technically speaking, yes. It's check-marked on the form. However, if you misplaced it, it could hardly be a problem, imho.