I am no Terrorist, any advice?

I did get the same information from Melanie this morning. I just want to add this part of the email to what you already posted waiting 1. Hope will be helpful

Unfortunately, I do not have any significant updates for you at this time. DHS noted at a meeting on September 14 that that exemption authority for two groups, the ABSDF (Burma) and the AISS (India) are pending final approval by the Secretary of Homeland Security, and 18 more groups, including the OLF, MQM, and others (not all were listed during the meeting) are currently under consideration for exemptions. DHS said that they are still working to adjudicate ½ of the cases on hold by the end of 2010 and the remaining cases by the end of 2011.

DHS said that cases where support was provided to the Southern Cameroons National Conference, the Nepali Congress Party (for activities after 1968/1969) and the Nepalese Student Union (for activities after 1968/1969), and the DUP have been released from hold. The Southern Cameroons Youth League and the Umma Party are still under consideration.

Have a great day every one!
I can attest to the fact that Southern Cameroons National Council has been released from the hold because i was a member of Southern Camerrons National Council and my case was approved last week. I also know of a friend whose case was approved three weeks ago and we are both members of thesame group

Thank you miaj, I am also from Ethiopia. Under which political groups were you on hold. Just wondering if it is OLF. Thanks!

Good luck

They back dated it to one year from the date of issue.

Thank you for taking time to reply, wish you all the best, I am so happy for you and all those who made it, it is a shame though they back dated from only one year after 12 year wait.

I didn't belong to any political group. There was no mention of me belonging to any group on my asylum case. I really do not know what the hold was for or to whom they thought I provided material support. They verbally told the lawyer that it was "an error on our part". Can you imagine?! ~12 years since I had applied, long before the material support bar was issued.

Thank you miaj, I am also from Ethiopia. Under which political groups were you on hold. Just wondering if it is OLF. Thanks!

Thank you for getting back! I wish you all the best! For sure it will be impossible to make up the 12 years. But you have to see forward. Don’t forgot about us and! :cool:))

Thank you all for sharing your information, and congratulations for those of who got approved. I think all us found what we have lost in here. Comforting, supporting, and giving hope to each other brought us here, and we will continue to support each other. Finding people who are the same situations as you always goes beyond what is imaginable. Miaj, congra reading your post gave me more hope; I have been waiting for 8 years now.

any updated new for ABSDF

Hi, HBA
You said the ABSDF from Burma is awaiting for signature of secretary of homeland security since sep 14, 2010. But, I never heard any progress for thoese signature. May be secretary of homeland security busy or forget to sign it to be cleared. ABSDF is awaiting signature since sep 14, it takes too long to get the sign. Radiculous! BTW, I am from Burma, and I donated $10 to ABSDF. So strange.

Hi, HBA
You said the ABSDF from Burma is awaiting for signature of secretary of homeland security since sep 14, 2010. But, I never heard any progress for thoese signature. May be secretary of homeland security busy or forget to sign it to be cleared. ABSDF is awaiting signature since sep 14, it takes too long to get the sign. Radiculous! BTW, I am from Burma, and I donated $10 to ABSDF. So strange.

Hi USA21
You should maybe contact Melanie Nezer here is her e-mail address melanie.nezer@hias.org and Anwen Hughes HughesA@humanrightsfirst.org
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Form I-131 Travel document
On part one (information about you) the first information is A number the second is Date of Birth and the 3rd is Class of Admission if any one has just recently submitted I-131 or does any one know what is the class of admission.

Hi, HBA
The process is not finalized yet, they are still working on it. I was told that all cases mistakenly put on hold are being reviewed and processed first, then the groups, otherwise what's taking them so long, some groups were cleared since June, many are still on hold, I myself a 1999 applicant for AOS. The way it works is, that the secretary of homeland security will not sign any exemptions (that's bureaucracy wording, it is technicality used in the federal administration, her office gives the OK, and the adjudicators could go ahead stamp a waiver and approve them. She can't sign for 6,900 pending case, she oversee many other department and associated-department.

Anyone from Nepali Congress or NSU's case was released from hold? Was it later approved? I will appreciate it if you share your experience.
Thanks in advance!

i got approved today. i was on hold since april of 09. i am from Nepal. this is my i730

I have congratulated a lot of people here for their approvals but yours is very exciting as you needed it so bad, so you may see your mother and also not pay so much in school just to live here.
I am very happy for you, good luck and please stay with us for at-least a few more days if you can.