I am no Terrorist, any advice?

thanks everyone who congratulated me who wished for me and who come to this site to share valuable information. it was extermly rough for my family. i am very grateful to god, everyone and the nice officer who approved my case. may god bless him..
sa, don't worry, Nepali congress and Student org are good now.. start partying..

thank you guys, i just received my approval letter yesterday. while going over the letter i couldn't help but notice that on the I94 attached at the bottom of the letter the pritner did not print the last letter of my wife's first name as a petitioner. everywhere in the letter the name is spelled correctly, do you think i should make an info pass to correct that? or should i let it go?

Cortaidus
I would make info Pass and check into it, as it wont cost you anything. In top of that if it turn out to be a big issue you will save a lot of time.

hi, every one,

any updated news for other people? what do you hear from Ms. Amwen hughes or Ms. nelazine? Which parties are released from hold? please share information.

Cortaidus did you see any change on the uscis website information "check your status" where they have case status update before you received your approval.
Thanks

usa21, T
No news so far. It is allsilent on all fronts.

Cortaidus,
Please update us on whether you saw any change in your status before you received the approval. Thanks

no i did not see any updates until i received the text on my cell phone from uscis. the text basically said to go check my status since my case has been updated. i noticed that the case was approved and the approval letter was sent a day before i received the text. so, i did not see any lud until the day i received the text while according to the LUD, the case was approved a day before i received the text.

I email both of them but neither reply to me. Other parties are still waiting for approval? Too long to wait for it.

I also emailed Anwen but she hasn't replied yet. The last time she emailed me, I was told that the party I belonged to has been removed from hold. But I'm still here waiting....

I also emailed Anwen but she hasn't replied yet. The last time she emailed me, I was told that the party I belonged to has been removed from hold. But I'm still here waiting....

Approximately when did she tell you that your party has been removed.
Thanks

kkebero: Did you do freedom of info, what if they charged you with the wrong party, you could be sitting waiting for ever like me, and miaj, I was charged with wrong party and I had to do freedom of info to find out.
Just a thought.

Here is a decision from a recent lawsuit by a guy who seemed really frustrated about his hold case and very much determined to solve it soon.

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/washington/wawdce/2:2010cv00314/165869/14/0.pdf

God be with him and with the rest of the people in this senseless bureaucratic limbo.

Jone

What is any different here than what we already know?
There are people here on this forum who had the same problem.
The uscis and dhs has a very easy answer, "they are just following the law passed by the congress" (the patriotic act and real id act), and uscis does not have an authority to over ride that law and they are only doing what is in compliance with the law, and the law simply ordered to make applicants inadmissible if they have materially supported any organization involved in any kind of actions against the government etc.
There may be a good chance he (HASSANE) may have got his green card by now (hopefully), since most of the Ethiopian political parties are now exempted with a very few on hold.
We need to wait and have patience, it is hard but what else is the option for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
What hurts is the cases mistakenly put on hold also have to wait till the party they were connected get released, what happens next! USCIS apologizes for the mistake and nothing more not even retrospective date on green card just one year retrospective date as per rules.

Last edited by a moderator: