I am no Terrorist, any advice?

I am DUP and I just got my approval LUD this week. Wait just a bit longer. Several of us who are DUP have recieved their approval within the past 6 weeks. I don't know about NDA but at least DUP is cases are being released. My advise to you is to contact Ms. Hughes. Her e-mail address is hughesa@humanrightsfirst.org She asked me to send the following documents: My Asylum approval letter, Asylum application -- including the affidavite or Asylum story,I-485 receipt notice and the I-485 application form. After going over all of these papers she was able to tell me that according to these papers my application should be OK to approve. She's an expert on human rights for Asaylees. Contact her, you will not lose anything if you do but you may gain a GC if you do. I certainly did! All the best.

I am DUP and I just got my approval LUD this week. Wait just a bit longer. Several of us who are DUP have recieved their approval within the past 6 weeks. I don't know about NDA but at least DUP is cases are being released. My advise to you is to contact Ms. Hughes. Her e-mail address is hughesa@humanrightsfirst.org She asked me to send the following documents: My Asylum approval letter, Asylum application -- including the affidavite or Asylum story,I-485 receipt notice and the I-485 application form. After going over all of these papers she was able to tell me that according to these papers my application should be OK to approve. She's an expert on human rights for Asaylees. Contact her, you will not lose anything if you do but you may gain a GC if you do. I certainly did! All the best.
I understand almakek's frustration.

congratulation to almakek and all others who got approved ,i send the same documents to Ms Hughes but she never got back to me and still waiting

[QUOTE said:
totallylost;2233734]congratulation to almakek and all others who got approved ,i send the same documents to Ms Hughes but she never got back to me and still waiting
[/QUOTE]

What works for one may not necessarily work for another.

totallylost,

I am not sure why she did not get back to you. But I would like to ask you frankly if you have an attorney handling your case with the USCIS? If you do, ask your attorney to call her and check with her. If you don't have one, I advice you to ask her politely if you can hire her officially as your representing attorney with the USCIS.

Hi everybody,
here is the information I got from Melanie Nezer regarding the exeption process proposed by the DHS. I hope this will shed some light into this messy situation

Background and Principles of Interagency TRIG Process
* The interagency has prioritized review and reform of the interagency process for Tier III exemption authorization;
* The agreed-to interagency process aims to allow for a thorough review of all of the over 350 Tier III groups and associated cases on hold and the adjudication of those cases;
* The process will remain in place to ensure timely consideration of future exemptions as the need arises;
* The process has been designed to enhance, not diminish, the national security reviews each group and individual beneficiary of an exemption undergoes before an exemption or the underlying case is granted;
* Although group-by-group evaluation will require a significant dedication of U.S. Government resources over an extended period of time, interagency participants agree that it is important to retain group review as a part of the vetting process for exemption determinations.
Description of Interagency TRIG Process
* Group-by-group evaluation by interagency partners, including open-source reviews, distribution of case examples, and Intelligence Community (IC) input;
* Interagency consultation, in light of the available information on the groups or categories of cases in question, on whether, and under what circumstances, an exemption should be provided;
* Specified timelines for review and consultation to ensure the process moves apace;
* Once groups or categories of cases have been vetted by the interagency, the agency initiating the review (DOS or DHS) will put the groups or categories of cases forward for Secretarial review and a final decision on whether to exercise the exemption authority;
* Once a decision is reached on whether or not an exemption should be granted for a particular group or category of cases, DHS and State will adjudicate cases within that group or category under their respective jurisdictions, including any cases previously on hold pending an exemption decision;
* Intensive individualized security reviews will be conducted as part of the adjudication of each alien's case as exemptions are implemented.
Administration Goal for Interagency TRIG Process
* Review of all of the groups within 18 months from mid-CY 2010 to end of CY 2011;
* Release from hold the associated cases as exemption decisions are made within that same period (or lagging by 1-2 months), w/ over 50% of cases released by the end of CY10;
* Timely adjudication of cases released from hold.

Why the point test, why not an asylum appeal?

Because if you lost your case on asylum in USA, the Canadians are copy cats and the chances are very little to get asylum, you can also check on the internet some of the 212 groups were denied in Canada as well, I urge you to go on the net and see some denials in Canada based on terrorist charges which is baseless.

Hi everybody,
here is the information I got from Melanie Nezer regarding the exeption process proposed by the DHS. I hope this will shed some light into this messy situation

Background and Principles of Interagency TRIG Process
* The interagency has prioritized review and reform of the interagency process for Tier III exemption authorization;
* The agreed-to interagency process aims to allow for a thorough review of all of the over 350 Tier III groups and associated cases on hold and the adjudication of those cases;
* The process will remain in place to ensure timely consideration of future exemptions as the need arises;
* The process has been designed to enhance, not diminish, the national security reviews each group and individual beneficiary of an exemption undergoes before an exemption or the underlying case is granted;
* Although group-by-group evaluation will require a significant dedication of U.S. Government resources over an extended period of time, interagency participants agree that it is important to retain group review as a part of the vetting process for exemption determinations.
Description of Interagency TRIG Process
* Group-by-group evaluation by interagency partners, including open-source reviews, distribution of case examples, and Intelligence Community (IC) input;
* Interagency consultation, in light of the available information on the groups or categories of cases in question, on whether, and under what circumstances, an exemption should be provided;
* Specified timelines for review and consultation to ensure the process moves apace;
* Once groups or categories of cases have been vetted by the interagency, the agency initiating the review (DOS or DHS) will put the groups or categories of cases forward for Secretarial review and a final decision on whether to exercise the exemption authority;
* Once a decision is reached on whether or not an exemption should be granted for a particular group or category of cases, DHS and State will adjudicate cases within that group or category under their respective jurisdictions, including any cases previously on hold pending an exemption decision;
* Intensive individualized security reviews will be conducted as part of the adjudication of each alien's case as exemptions are implemented.
Administration Goal for Interagency TRIG Process
* Review of all of the groups within 18 months from mid-CY 2010 to end of CY 2011;
* Release from hold the associated cases as exemption decisions are made within that same period (or lagging by 1-2 months), w/ over 50% of cases released by the end of CY10;
* Timely adjudication of cases released from hold.
Waiting-1, excellent piece of information! , thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

I did get the same information from Melanie this morning. I just want to add this part of the email to what you already posted waiting 1. Hope will be helpful

Unfortunately, I do not have any significant updates for you at this time. DHS noted at a meeting on September 14 that that exemption authority for two groups, the ABSDF (Burma) and the AISS (India) are pending final approval by the Secretary of Homeland Security, and 18 more groups, including the OLF, MQM, and others (not all were listed during the meeting) are currently under consideration for exemptions. DHS said that they are still working to adjudicate ½ of the cases on hold by the end of 2010 and the remaining cases by the end of 2011.

DHS said that cases where support was provided to the Southern Cameroons National Conference, the Nepali Congress Party (for activities after 1968/1969) and the Nepalese Student Union (for activities after 1968/1969), and the DUP have been released from hold. The Southern Cameroons Youth League and the Umma Party are still under consideration.

Have a great day every one!

Thank you throuk and HBA,
asylee_1999(UMMA PARTY) has been approved on September 29. Does anyone else anybody know from the UMMA party has been approved?

I contacted her on August 31th. She immediately responded to my e-mail and then we talked on the phone the next day. She was coming to where I live after a week and we met. She got back to me about what she heard from DHS 4 days after we met. Then I got the Welcome Notice after almost three weeks. 5 days after that they sent my Green Card.
hey, maiji

when did u schedule to meet Ms Amwen Hughes? I met with her in June ealier. But, my case is nothing to improve. How long does you take to get ur GC after meetint Ms. Amwen Hughes.

Thank you all for your congratulatory messages. I got my Green Card and I'm happy.
There is HOPE! If I can get it after 12 years anybody can.

Thank you all for your congratulatory messages. I got my Green Card and I'm happy.
There is HOPE! If I can get it after 12 years anybody can.

congratulation miaj, how long did they back dated your green card from, since you were waiting for 12 years.