I am no Terrorist, any advice?

at least the issue of travelling out of the US and returning with a valid RTD finally came to rest.

Also now we know that they have been getting these exemptions from DHS, since I and HBA had the same response from the senator.
I would think that there are exemptions, but then again all exempted cases can not be processed at the same time, so some are getting approvals, while others are being done, God knows what is going on there, we can keep on thinking of theories all day long, the only thing is the length of time is frustrating and freaky.

Also now we know that they have been getting these exemptions from DHS, since I and HBA had the same response from the senator.
I would think that there are exemptions, but then again all exempted cases can not be processed at the same time, so some are getting approvals, while others are being done, God knows what is going on there, we can keep on thinking of theories all day long, the only thing is the length of time is frustrating and freaky.

hecate, for sure and there is no doubts that there are exemptions, but no one knows the process, no transparency, and foremost the process appeared to be too slow pace.
If they wanted to process the 6,000 cases that were initially on hold, they have the technology to do it, they have been processing 55, 000 DV cases within 6 months every year.

Good News Guys, I was also given the section 212 inadmissibility nonsense on February of this year. Brief history, i was granted asylum in 2007, i applied for Green card in 2008, then on Febraury of this year i was sent the section 212 inadmissibility nonsense. When i read the letter my whole week was ruined then i went online to find out more. Behold i came to this site and i realize i was not alone atleast that helped calmed down for a while.

Sorry guys my message accidentally posted while i was still typing. I will continue from where i left off. So i have been visiting this site almost everyday after recieving the 212 nonsense. I prefer to read since i am not too good in typing. Anyway, last month i received an update on my case after almost two years of the case being under intial review phase. The update was a request for evidence to resubmit my medical examination because supposedly the Civil surgeon that perfromed my medical examination in 2008 used the wrong version of the form. So i had to go pay another $300 plus dollars to redo the entire medical exam. So i went back to thesame Civil surgeon's office and i handed them a copy of the request for evidence stating that they used the wrong form, hoping that i will get some kind of a discount since it was their error. They flat out denied any wrong doing, so i had to repay for the exam and i mailed the form on Thursday September 30, when i checked online for the case update ,i saw that they recieved the document on October 5, then today i just checked it again and the status has changed to card production ordered. I am just happy this over and hope and pray that rest of you recieve your approvals soon. For the record i am from Cameroon. Goodluck to all those still waiting.

Finaly I am free! The USCIS sent me a notice for the GC production. I am SO reliefed. I would like to thank all the members in this post, without you guys I wouldn't have been able to hang on. The emotional support and the flow of information is what kept me going. Most importantly, I would like to thank MS Houges for helping me end the nightmare. From this post I got the link of Ms. Anwen Hughes. I highly recommend getting in touch with her. I wish you all the best luck for those who are waiting.

To briefly summarize my story:
* I am DUP member -- a party from Sudan.
* I've been waiting for my GC since 2005.
* I filed for a Writ of Mandamus at the beginning of this year.
* My file was transferred to my local office and I was asked to come for an interview in June.
* After the interview USCIS asked my lawyer that I withdraw the case, otherwise they will deny my GC application.
* I withdrew the lawsuit and decided to wait.
* In July I joined this post and started reading about the 212A 3B laws
* 2 weeks ago I found the e-mail address and contact info for Anwen Hughes and I decided to e-mail her.
* Through an infoPass I was told that my file went back to the Texas Service Center.
* Ms. Hughes recommended a contact person to my attorney in the Texas Service Center
* Within 1 week of my lawyer's inquiry I got the GC approval notice!

I just waited like everyone else. however i did file for the freedom of information act and i aslo wrote to the USCIS OMBUDSMAN. I was sent a copy of my applciation for Greencard as a result of the freedom information act request and i noticed that where i wrote the name of the party to which i was a member was underlined by whoever reviewed my file. But i think all this has to do with the crazy laws put in place by the Bush administration because my party has never committed any act of violence.

I think all single cases are approved without any problems. Now, I learning that married cases have been delayed and haven't yet approved any cases. They don't like to get approved married cases. BTW, I am married after I got my asylum approval.

Cortaidus:-
I will (Inshallah) eventually get approved as everyone in this post will. This is just matter of time because none of this hold issues makes any sense.

Congratulations to all those who got the GC, remember don't vanish from here after you get your GC, there is a lot of process that should be conveyed to others, specially those who are proceeding for retroactive date on their GC and other issues.
You all know how we all have suffered with you and this is a struggle with a very wrong actions against innocent people, specially when we are labeled as terrorist after what we did for peace, if we didn't care for peace we will be at home fighting instead of finding peace here in the USA.
This is how I see it life should have a purpose, and your advices are based on you success.

I think all single cases are approved without any problems. Now, I learning that married cases have been delayed and haven't yet approved any cases. They don't like to get approved married cases. BTW, I am married after I got my asylum approval.

USA21
almakek just got approved and he is married, I dont think that is the case.

because none of this hold issues makes any sense.
You are right.

No it does not make any sense but what can they do, admit honestly that they did something very wrong, which entitles us for compensation, or they can continue with arrogance and give us GC in charity, while we pray for their mercy, for punishment we got without doing any harm to any one.
Can they give me my eighteen years back or give me the time back which was wasted waiting to see my son, or bring my family back to me.
Sorry they have no remorse or apology.

because none of this hold issues makes any sense.

No it does not make any sense but what can they do, admit honestly that they did something very wrong, which entitles us for compensation, or they can continue with arrogance and give us GC in charity, while we pray for their mercy, for punishment we got without doing any harm to any one.
Can they give me my eighteen years back or give me the time back which was wasted waiting to see my son, or bring my family back to me.
Sorry they have no remorse or apology.

hecate, You are absolutely correct, I agree on what you said at 100% and I am radically with you. We know that the the HOLD is nonsense, We know that there is no point to it, whole nonsense is the Bush Administration "KNUCKLE HEAD NONSENSE" that caused this mess.
Hey! Look at my personal situation!!!, since 1999 waiting and waiting and still waiting... I have been knocking to any doors for help, I can't knock anymore. I just gave up. It's total nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody,
I receieved a response from my Congressman regarding an inquiry for my I-485 application. It seems that my case is still on hold due to 212 (a)(3)(b). That means the LUD on 7/17/10 has nothing to do with releasing my case for adjudication. As I mentioned before I'm from Sudan and my hold is due to DUP and NDA. so it seems that either these two organizations or at least one of them has not been removed from tier III list. This is a hopless situation that I can no longer tolerate. I will start working on my exit startegy from this country. Thank you all for all the information and support.

Hello everybody,
I receieved a response from my Congressman regarding an inquiry for my I-485 application. It seems that my case is still on hold due to 212 (a)(3)(b). That means the LUD on 7/17/10 has nothing to do with releasing my case for adjudication. As I mentioned before I'm from Sudan and my hold is due to DUP and NDA. so it seems that either these two organizations or at least one of them has not been removed from tier III list. This is a hopless situation that I can no longer tolerate. I will start working on my exit startegy from this country. Thank you all for all the information and support.

Consider taking point test for Canadian immigration prior to taking such a big and risky decision